PDA

View Full Version : Strategic Battle Maps for PbP Games

Tortoise262
2007-12-22, 12:37 AM
Okay, so there is already a thread about this, but it's on the recruitment board, so I think it's easily overlooked. Asmodeus and others did a great job explaining how to make map images to upload and use for PbP games, and I invite them to repeat their tips on this thread.

Now, I want to talk about a PHP program I made to use as a strategic battle map. It can be found here (http://crossproduct.freephpwebhosting.net/test/). Feel free to play around with it and edit the map and coordinates, but DON'T mess around with any files in the parent directory, as they are in use for a game in progress.

Things to do:

Create editor for "hp.txt"
Allow additions to the list of PCs and monsters
Make "dnd.php" read from a list of available characters
Get more images for the map editor

I'm looking for someone that knows about MySQL databases so that people can log in and edit maps for their own campaigns. Also, if anyone wants to host the program, that would be good, since I don't know how many people would want to use the program. I don't want to run out of bandwidth for my own campaign, of course!

Feel free to make any comments or suggestions.

Skjaldbakka
2007-12-22, 12:38 AM
There was a thread here too. But thats ok, I'll take a look at your stuff too.

Asmodeus
2007-12-22, 12:45 AM
For right now, I'll just give the link to the previous thread, for anyone interested. The Moderators haven't seen fit to move it yet, and reproducing it here might violate some of the forums rules against cross posting, so I'll leave it where it is.

You can find a link to it in my signature. Enjoy.