http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/tob_gallery/99678.jpg
A frenzied berzerker prepares to finish off a victim

HD: d12

Requirements
Alignment: Any nonlawful
BAB: +6
Feats: Cleave, Power Attack
Skills: Intimidate 8 ranks, Jump 8 ranks
Maneuvers: Ability to use 3rd level maneuvers of the Tiger Claw discipline.
Special: Rage class feature

Class-Skills: Climb, Intimidate, Jump, Martial Lore, Ride and Swim
Skill-points per level: 2+Int modifier

{table="head"]Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Frenzy 1/day
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Supreme cleave
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Frenzy 2/day
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|Steadfast determination
5th|+5|+4|+1|+1|Improved power attack, frenzy 3/day
6th|+6|+5|+2|+2|Deathless frenzy
7th|+7|+5|+2|+2|Frenzy 4/day
8th|+8|+6|+2|+2|Greater Frenzy
9th|+9|+6|+3|+3|Frenzy 5/day
10th|+10|+7|+3|+3|Supreme power attack, tireless frenzy
[/table]

{table="head"]Level|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances Known
1st|1|1|0
2nd|0|0|0
3rd|1|0|0
4th|0|0|0
5th|1|1|1
6th|0|0|0
7th|1|0|0
8th|0|0|0
9th|1|1|0
10th|0|0|0
[/table]

Weapon and armor proficiency: You gain no additional weapon and armor proficiencies as a frenzied berzerker.

Maneuvers: At 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th and 9th levels, a frenzied berzerker gains new maneuvers known from the Stone Dragon or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet a maneuver's prerequisite to learn it. You add your full frenzied berzerker levels to your initiator level to determine your total initiator level and your highest-level maneuvers known.
At 1st, 5th and 9th levels, you gain additional maneuvers readied per day.

Stances Known: At 5th level, you learn a new martial stance from the Stone Dragon or Tiger Claw disciplines. You must meet the stances prerequisites to learn it.

Frenzy (Ex): A frenzied berzerker can enter a frenzy during combat. While frenzied, they gain a +6 bonus to Strength and, if she makes a full attack action, gains a single extra attack each round at her highest bonus(This latter effect is not cumulative with haste or other effects that grant additional attacks). However, they also take a -4 penalty to armor class and takes 2 points of nonlethal damage per round. A frenzy lasts a number of rounds equal to 3+Con modifier. To end the frenzy before the duration expires, the character may attempt a Will save once per round as a free action. Success ends the frenzy immediately; failure means it continues. However, if the frenzied berzerker succeeds on a DC 15 Will save, they can avoid attacking their allies(see below). The effects of frenzy stack with those from any rage ability the character may have.
At 1st level, the character can enter a frenzy once per day. Thereafter, they gain one additional use per day of this ability every two frenzied berzerker levels they acquire(but cannot use this ability more than once per encounter). The character can enter a frenzy as a free action. Even though this takes no time, they can do it only during their turn, not in response to another's action. In addition, if they take damage from an attack, spell, trap or any other source, they must a Will (DC 15) to avoid entering the frenzy. If they have no remaining uses of the frenzy that day, they can ignore that.
While frenzied, the character cannot use ant Charisma-, Dexterity-, or Intelligence-based skills(with the exception of Intimidate), the Concentration skill, or any abilities that require patience or concentration, nor can they cast spells, drink potions, activate magic items or read scrolls. They can use any feats they have except Combat Expertise, item creation feats or metamagic feats
During a frenzy, the frenzied berzerker must attack those they perceive as foes to the best of their ability. Should they run out of enemies before her frenzy expires, their rampage continues. They must then attack the nearest creature(determined randomly if several potential victims equidistant) and fight that opponent without regard to friendship, innocence, or health(the targets or their own). However, with a DC 15 Will save they can gain a moment of lucidity and determine that whoever is before them should not be attacked and they simply smash wildly against the ground, a wall or simply thin air, usually screaming in rage and fury.
When a frenzy ends, the frenzied berzerker is considered fatigued for the duration of the encounter and 5 rounds afterward. If the character is still under the effects of a rage ability, the fatigued condition does not apply until the rage ends--at which point the character is exhausted, not merely fatigued.

Supreme Cleave: Just as the normal frenzied berzerker class feature(Complete Warrior, page 35).

Steadfast Determination: At 4th level, a frenzied berzerker can put body before mind. They gain the Steadfast Determination feat, whether or not they qualify for it or not.

Deathless Frenzy (Ex): Just as the normal frenzied berzerker class feature(Complete Warrior, page 35).

Improved Power Attack: Just as the normal frenzied berzerker class feature(Complete Warrior, page 35).

Greater Frenzy (Ex): Just as the normal frenzied berzerker class feature(Complete Warrior, page 36).

Supreme Power Attack: Just as the normal frenzied berzerker class feature(Complete Warrior, page 36).

Tireless Frenzy: At 10th level, frenzied berzerkers no longer become fatigued after a frenzy or take nonlethal damage from the frenzy.

--
So far this doesn't seem like much, but I didn't want to get in trouble for copyright infringement. I also have no idea if this is too powerful or not.

Nebo_
2007-12-22, 07:13 AM
The frenzied berserker was already too powerful.

You nerfed the prerequisites, added a really good feat, gave it maneuver progression and lowered the frenzy DC. This is ludicrously overpowered.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-22, 07:47 PM
The frenzied berserker was already too powerful.

You nerfed the prerequisites, added a really good feat, gave it maneuver progression and lowered the frenzy DC. This is ludicrously overpowered.

I lowered the prerequisites because it was impossible to enter the class at the normal level(unless you were human) and I just dropped the two feats that made no sense to me. The reasons I added the good feat and lowered the DC's were because I always thought the biggest problem with the FB was the fact that if it doesn't end it's frenzy the same round it defeats all the enemies, your party is absolutely screwed.
Edit: Also dropped inspire frenzy.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-22, 10:20 PM
Hmm... It is a little on the strong side, but I don't know what to do exactly to make it good.

dyslexicfaser
2007-12-23, 03:50 AM
The threat of your frenzy outlasting the battle always seemed like the most fun part of the class to me.

Krimm_Blackleaf
2007-12-23, 04:26 AM
The threat of your frenzy outlasting the battle always seemed like the most fun part of the class to me.

Well yeah, if you're the berzerker. Being on the receiving end isn't always a party.:tongue: