vivi
2007-12-22, 03:25 PM
Here's my fighter variant:
The Quickened Fighter

Alignment: Any.
Hit Dice: d8.

Class Skills:
The Quickened Fighters class skills(and the key ability for each skill) are
Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handel Animal (Cha)
Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Ride (Dex), and
Swim (Str).
Skill Points:2+Int modifier
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: a
Quickened Fighter is proficient with all simple
and martial weapons and with light and medium armor,
and all shields(except tower shields).
Level|BaB|Fort Save| Ref Save | Will Save| Special
1st|+1|+2|+0|+0|Bonus Feat
2nd|+2|+3|+0|+0|Quick Movement
3rd|+3|+3|+1|+1|Bonus Feat
4th|+4|+4|+1|+1|
5th|+5|+4|+2|+2|
6th|+6/+1|+5|+2|+2|Armor Quickness, Bonus Feat
7th|+7/+2|+5|+3|+3|
8th|+8/+3|+6|+3|+3|
9th|+9/+4|+6|+4|+4|Bonus Feat
10th|+10/+5|+7|+4|+4|
11th|+11/+6/+1|+7|+5|+5|
12th|+12/+7/+2|+8|+5|+5|Improve Armor Quickness, Bonus Feat
13th|+13/+8/+3|+8|+6|+6|
14th|+14/+9/+4|+9|+6|+6|
15th|+15/+10/+5|+9|+7|+7|Bonus Feat
16th|+16/+11/+6/+1|+10|+7|+7|
17th|+17/+12/+7/+2|+10|+8|+8|
18th|+18/+13/+8/+3|+11|+8|+8|Greater Armor Quickness, Bonus Feat
19th|+19/+14/+9/+4|+11|+9|+9|
20th|+20/+15/+10/+5|+12|+9|+9|

Bonus Feats: A Quickened Fighter may only choose feats off the fighter feat list.
Quick Movement: Quick movement increases your base land speed by 10ft.. You may only use this when using Medium, light, or no, armor.
Armor Quickness:When wearing medium armor, decrease the armor check penalty by 1, and increase the maximum dexterity bonus by 1.
Improve Armor Quickness: When wearing medium armor, decrease the armor check penalty by another 1, and increase the maximum dexterity bonus by another 1.
Greater Armor Quickness:When wearing medium armor, decrease the armor check penalty by yet another 1, and increase the maximum dexterity bonus by yet another 1.

Feed back?

ShadowyFigure
2007-12-22, 04:38 PM
No.

No, No, No , No!

You get rid of the bonus feats every other level and replace them with very little stuff leave huge gaping holes of nothingness.

Partysan
2007-12-22, 04:49 PM
sorry, but that's horribly underpowered. You effectively trade all the bonus feats, some class skills (I think?) and a higher hit die for a higher land speed, lower armor penalties and slightly higher saves. That makes you a bit more survivable but takes away all your chances to contribute in combat. You effectively become a monk without special abilities.
Heck, the fighter would be underpowered, if you gave him all good saves AND your Armor Quickness thingy and keep the bonus feats. Well, compared to full casters.
This is weaker than the normal fighter and even weaker than the monk. You wouldn't even overpower this, if you gave it back all the bonus feats of the fighter.
And - please do not take offense in this - I don't think it's very creative either. It lacks unique special abilities. All it gets is a better use of armor that the fighter should get anyway. If you want to make a speed-based fighter, then do not take away the ability to deal damage. Just trade the hit die for the speed bonus and the heavy armor profiency for the better saves, let it keep the bonus feats and give it the armor quickness anyway, or, what I'd consider the better alternative, instead of the bonus feats give it a new class ability that makes his speed actually useful in combat. And when you are done, have a look at the monk and tell, if it is more powerful than the monk, and if not, power it up until it is. (4 skill points per level and more class skills wouldn't hurt either).

Just what I thought of spontanously.

MagFlare
2007-12-22, 06:40 PM
Suggestions!

How about adding the ability to flurry with any one-handed weapon?

Or the ability to haste oneself a number of rounds per day equal to one's levels in Quickened Fighter?

And please make the Armor Quickness abilities apply to light armors as well. They've got armor check penalties and Dex caps too.

Brom
2007-12-22, 07:05 PM
Give them a skirmish tree, or something that makes moving around a lot worthwhile to them. Also, give them abilities that make it so they don't provoke attacks of opportunity through movement ((ie running past enemies)). That's a few things I can think of. Also, give them an increase in charge damage. Just overall more abilities that reflect being fighters who are skilled at damaging on the move.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-12-22, 07:16 PM
All of the above suggestions. At the same time.

GoC
2007-12-22, 07:52 PM
Give it a less powerful version of Greater Celerity, Haste and the ability to Sprint (moving (3+level/4)x normal speed) as a full round action.
In fact give it the Monk's speed bonus as well.