PDA

View Full Version : PrCs that go well with each other

shaka gl
2007-12-22, 07:45 PM
I was intending to create an interesting encounter with two teamworking enemies and I thought I could ask you: What two PrCs (no more of 12ve level each) do you think can make an encounter interesting by cooperating with each other?

It would also be nice if one of them was from Frostburn, but its OK if its not...

Fax Celestis
2007-12-22, 08:00 PM
Wizard/Spellthief/Daggerspell Mage (with the Master Spellthief feat) and Druid/Rogue/Daggerspell Shaper work excellently in pairs. Everything you need is either in core or CAdv (but for the feat, which is in CScn). I don't remember what the prereqs are for the classes, else I'd give you sample levels.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-22, 09:17 PM
CAd has Daggerspell Mage&Shaper, Nightsong Enforcer&Infiltrator and Shadowbane Inquisitor&Stalker as thematically... um... suitable PrCs.

Swooper
2007-12-22, 09:31 PM
Hmm, I seem to remember a barbarian PrC from Frostburn called... Frostrager? I think so. Anyway, those guys are immune to cold damage. Team him up with an Elemental Savant with cold as his chosen energy. Proceed to charge the party and then blanket them with cold-substituted fireballs and other cold damage AoE blasts. If you want to make it even harder, give the wizard the feat called... I think it was Lord of the Uttercold, it's in CArc, to make his cold spells deal half negative energy damage, half cold damage. Give his frostrager buddy Tomb Tainted Soul from Libris Mortis, and he now gets healed by half of the damage the wizard deals.

Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll
2007-12-22, 10:04 PM
That seems so awesome, i can imagine it in my head.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-12-22, 10:09 PM
There was also a PrC out there that was specifically meant for teamplaying which allowed every friend in a distance of 30' execute a full attack on a foe as a capstone, but I can't find it.

UserClone
2007-12-22, 10:11 PM
Actually, the frostrager gets healed by cold damage while in a rage, so the tomb-tainted soul is unnecessary.

Armads
2007-12-22, 10:29 PM
Warhulk and War Chanter.

Warhulk gets no BAB, but War Chanter can give a 60ft radius 'Divine Power'-like effect, as well as huge bonuses to attack and stuff.

Mr. Friendly
2007-12-22, 10:38 PM
Dread Commando (Heroes of Battle) and Primeval (Frostburn).

In the back of HoB (I think) are also all of the "teamwork" pseudo-feats.

Those pseudo-feats, if I remember require nothing but training together for them...

Roderick_BR
2007-12-22, 11:57 PM
You could use the Marshall from the Miniatures Handbook. If you have the Magic Itens Compendium, there's some itens that enhances the Marshall's powers.
You could also surprise your players by making a spellcaster that buffs a meeler, then controls the battlefield, allowing his companion clear shots against the players.