AC: 22

Feats:
Deceitful
Mounted Archery
Exotic weapon proficiency: Repeating crossbow, great
Mounted combat

Weapons:
Repeating crossbow, great [2d8 18-20/x2 120ft. Piercing]
Rod of Lordly Might (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/rods.htm#lordlyMight)

Armor:
Chain shirt [+4 AC, Max Dex. +4, AC penalty -2]

Troglodyte:
* +4 constitution / -2 dexterity / -2 intelligence (already included)
* Monstrous humanoid type.
* +4 on hide (already included, +8 underground)
* May claw/claw 1d4+ strength bonus x2 (multiattack), plus bite at -5 to hit 1d4+half strength bonus
* Darkvision (see 90 feet in pitch-dark)
* +6 natural armor class
* Stench. Remember this affects friendly non-trogs also.
* Level adjustment +2

Rogue:
* Sneak Attack +4d6
* Trapfinding
* Improved Evasion
* Trap Sense + 3
* Uncanny Dodge
* Improved Uncanny Dodge

Max (Mount)
Deep Hound
Large Magical Beast
HP: 51
Initiative: +5
Speed: 30 ft. (In armor, six squares)
Armor Class: 24 (–1 size, +1 Dex, +6 natural +8 barding), touch 10,
flat-footed 124
Base Attack/Grapple: +6/+16
Attack: Bite +11 melee (2d6+9)
Full Attack: Bite +11 melee (2d6+9)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks:—
Special Qualities: Darkvision 120 ft., Light Sensitivity, Low-light vision, scent, trainable
Saves: Fort +8, Ref +6, Will +3
Abilities: Str 23, Dex 13, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 6
Skills: Jump +18, Listen +3, Spot +3, Survival +2
Feats: Alertness, Tunnel Fighting, Improved Initiative, Track
Tricks Known: All

-------------------

So, the idea was I'd take over as DM for my group the first meet after Christmas and run a special Christmas campaign. I came up with 'how the Grinch stole Christmas' for the theme. The idea is a troglodyte raids this gnome town (Clan's name is 'Hoo' and the town's 'Hooville') in the middle of the night with his Deep Hound mount, Max, and taking all their presents from their solstice celebration. What do you guys think of these two?

Admiral Squish
2007-12-22, 11:28 PM
Nobody's gonna comment on my work? I'm going crazy with anticipation, here!

Deathslayer7
2007-12-22, 11:30 PM
I love it. Now you need some who commoners. Like little susan i think her name was.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 12:02 AM
A troglodyte? I guess I could see why he would be a troglodyte cause he's green, but he's furry and really, I don't think there's any race in D&D that thoroughly sums up what he is, he should just be like a Grinch or something, or maybe a green bugbear :smallbiggrin:

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:06 AM
Cyndi Loo Hoo
HP: 6
Chaotic Good Female Gnome
Commoner 3
Str 8
Dex 13
Con 10
Int 14
Wis 17
Char 14

Climb: 5 (4)
Diplomacy: 0 (5)
Gather information: 3 (7)
Handle animal: 5 (7)
Listen: 4 (9)
Sense motive: 0 (4)
Spot: 4 (7)

BAB: +1/-4
AC: 13

Feats:
Inquisitor
Persuasive

Weapons:
Gnome hooked hammer [1d6/1d4, Crit. x3/x4, Two-handed, Bludgeoning and piercing]

Armor:
Padded [+1 AC, +8 Max Dex, 0 Armor Check Penalty]

Equip:
Climber's Kit
Grappling hook
Hempen rope
Signal whistle

Gnome:
* +2 constitution / -2 strength
* Small
* Low-light vision
* +2 racial bonus on saves vs. illusions
* +1 on DC of opponent's save vs. gnomish illusions
* +1 racial bonus to hit kobolds and goblinoids
* +4 dodge bonus on AC against giants
* +2 bonus on listen checks (already included)
* Speak with burrowing animals once per day
* 1/day dancing lights, ghost sound, prestidigitation

-----------------

This next part is plot, to my players, so they shouldn't read it.
The players will encounter little miss Hoo as she climbs the mountain all on her own, despite her age. She is intent on reasoning with Mister Grinch, to convince him to stop his wicked ways. She's incredibly naive, but very determined. If the players take her with them, she will try to stop Mister Grinch. If they don't, she'll just follow them up anyway, and literally throw herself in the way of Mister Grinch. The players have to protect her and somehow stop Mister Grinch from making his nightly raid.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:08 AM
A troglodyte? I guess I could see why he would be a troglodyte cause he's green, but he's furry and really, I don't think there's any race in D&D that thoroughly sums up what he is, he should just be like a Grinch or something, or maybe a green bugbear :smallbiggrin:

I was wondering when this would come up. I chose troglodyte for this reason:

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseous super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked horse.
Mr. Grinch.

Get it?

Raistlin1040
2007-12-23, 12:11 AM
Are you sure it's Suzie? Wikipedia says it's Cindy Lou Who, but it could be wrong.

Gungnir
2007-12-23, 12:13 AM
It's Cindy Loo Who, I think.

Curses.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:16 AM
But you can't spell Cindy weird-like...

Oh, all right. Cyndi Loo Hoo, it is.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 12:26 AM
I was wondering when this would come up. I chose troglodyte for this reason:

You nauseate me, Mr. Grinch.
With a nauseous super-naus.
You're a crooked jerky jockey
And you drive a crooked horse.
Mr. Grinch.

Get it?

... No, I don't really sorry, though he IS compared to a sea-sick crocodile (it is distinctly mentioned the crocodile is better company) :smalltongue:

Deathslayer7
2007-12-23, 12:27 AM
i did say i think. Haven't seen the movie in forever.

Besides susan and cyndi are pretty close.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:30 AM
... No, I don't really sorry, though he IS compared to a sea-sick crocodile (it is distinctly mentioned the crocodile is better company) :smalltongue:

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/troglodyte.htm

Trogs have a stench ability. This ability causes a sickened condition. In other words, nausea. Get it now?

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-23, 12:33 AM
Yes, yes I do, though personally I still think its not enough to justify making a furred person of a reptilian race, but I'm not the one making him so I can't complain (at least not too much) besides, bugbears smell :smalltongue:

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:42 AM
Yes, yes I do, though personally I still think its not enough to justify making a furred person of a reptilian race, but I'm not the one making him so I can't complain (at least not too much) besides, bugbears smell :smalltongue:

But they don't live in caves, so much. And they live in temperate mountains, not the nigh-arctic ones this setting is in.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2007-12-23, 12:45 AM
Everything smells if you let it sit long enough.

'Sides, maybe Bugbear-Grinch has the same condition that three-toed sloths get. Algae growin' in the uncleaned fur. Turns sloths green, apparently, 'cause they never bathe themselves.

And is a hermit and an exile.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 12:49 AM
Making him a bugbear means I have to rewrite his whole section, and I'm too lazy for that.

Yami
2007-12-23, 01:15 AM
The movie? We speak of the book!

And I think the troglydite might not work so well since they're supposed to still be working with stone age tools since no one cares enough about them to introduce iron-working, so that might not mesh well with your gear.

On the otherhand, I think the trog works really well for fluff reasons, since really, Everyone seems to hate the troglodytes and they tend to return the resentment.

DracoDei
2007-12-23, 01:18 AM
Vorpal Tribble did him up as a unique creature. Not SURE if he included a stench ability... but since Cindy Loo (sp?) didn't hold her nose we can assume it was metaphorical I guess...

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 01:33 AM
The movie? We speak of the book!

And I think the troglydite might not work so well since they're supposed to still be working with stone age tools since no one cares enough about them to introduce iron-working, so that might not mesh well with your gear.

On the otherhand, I think the trog works really well for fluff reasons, since really, Everyone seems to hate the troglodytes and they tend to return the resentment.

Ahh, but a trog with that many character levels has obviously been outside the caves for a long time, or long enough to learn the ways of the rogue trade. Definitely long enough to learn how money works and such. He could just have bout the gear especially with the wealth hes been stealing off these poor gnomes.

Does anyone know where I can find the data on the 'redeemed' template from the book of exalted deeds? I need it for his heart to grow three sizes. Who knows, this whole thing might show up again later in the campaign.

Jack Zander
2007-12-23, 02:11 AM
Just say he's a Grinch race. And it just so happens that the Grinch race has the exact same stats as trogs. Convenient.

de-trick
2007-12-23, 02:21 AM
*thumbs up* good job, good Christmas spirit

Admiral Squish
2007-12-23, 10:18 AM
Any other Hoos or things I should make? I can't think of any.

dentrag2
2007-12-23, 10:37 PM
mmmmm. k admiral. next time we meet (I wont be there on new years eve/christmas) you can DM this one.

EvilElitest
2007-12-24, 01:08 AM
Wow, i just tried that with my players, they killed Cindy Loo Hoo, blamed it on the grinch, and stole the presents. Bastards
from,
EE

Katasi
2007-12-24, 01:58 AM
*holds head in hands* WHHHHYYYYYYY??

lol, it's interesting that's for sure. I agree that it should be of the Grinch race.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-24, 01:09 PM
*holds head in hands* WHHHHYYYYYYY??

lol, it's interesting that's for sure. I agree that it should be of the Grinch race.

Maybe he's a what! Like from da movie.

Grinch sounds better, though. Grinch it is.