PDA

View Full Version : How do you make a sticky?

strongoak
2007-12-22, 09:26 PM
How do you create a sticky in a forum? BoneCrusher Doc is running a game with several teams & it's getting kind of complicated with all the people. He's indicated that he wouldn't mind creating a "cast of characters" sticky if someone would tell him how.

Since he's going through all the work to run the game, I thought I'd help by asking if it was possible for him to create stickies in threads that he's created.

This is the OOC thread for the campaign: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66788

Thanks!

Studoku
2007-12-22, 09:39 PM
Only mods can make threads sticky.

I recomend asking one but I don't know if they'll help.

Emperor Tippy
2007-12-22, 09:43 PM
As has been said, only mods can make stickies. And they won't make one for what you want.

StickMan
2007-12-22, 10:03 PM
I would suggest you subscribe to the tread I don't see how stickying it would help.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-22, 10:28 PM
Thread subscriptions are the only way I can keep multithreaded PbP games straight. I reccomend using them.

Icewalker
2007-12-23, 01:18 AM
Yeah. Stickies are for things like announcements, no personal or semi-small scale things. If you just subscribe to all the threads it'll be pretty easy to keep track of.

EmeraldRose
2007-12-23, 10:02 AM
I would recommend a seperate thread for your 'cast of characters', and then subscribe to that one. (If the mods allow another thread)

Or simply create an excel or word document, and link it into the first post. Most games simply have the player list in the first post.