PDA

View Full Version : Seafaring campaign character

de-trick
2007-12-22, 09:31 PM
I need a character idea for Savage Tides. I'm the one of the last people to make a character for the campaign, and need to have a build. We have already a scarlet corsair, a cleric of the sea, and another pirate type(rogue/fighter multi i think). The only thing I don't want is arcane magic or tome of battle. Pretty much any book besides tomb of battle, campaign takes place in faerun.

Idea's of mine
1) druid going into wavekeeper
2) half aquatic elf ranger
3) some kind of barbarian

Gaiwecoor
2007-12-22, 10:07 PM
I'll say go with the Darfellan druid going into wavekeeper. I'm about to start an aquatic campaign (eventually taking an extended tour beneath the waves), and I'm hoping to convince our divine caster to go this route. I can only see fun things happening with it. :smallbiggrin:

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-22, 10:31 PM
A warforged barbarian sounds fun; you don't even need to breathe!

de-trick
2007-12-23, 01:22 AM
A warforged barbarian sounds fun; you don't even need to breathe!

buy you would rust

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-23, 01:29 AM
buy you would rust

Warforged can swim as well as other races. Also, their check penalty isn't truly an 'armor check penalty' so it isn't doubled for the checks either (from FAQ).

Ganurath
2007-12-23, 01:34 AM
Ideas of mine:
-Dread Pirate, naturally.
-Elemental Savant of Water
-Sharklord Animal Lord

Raistlin1040
2007-12-23, 01:44 AM
Make a Dread Pirate. Make him dressed in all black. Name him the Dread Pirate Roberts. If you don't get the referance, I'm sorry for you.

reorith
2007-12-23, 04:44 AM
does being a half aquatic elf give you a swim speed? because if not, ranger would give you swim as a class skill + the points to justify advancing it.

Armads
2007-12-23, 05:20 AM
Dragonborn (wings) Water Orc Barbarian.

You can swim, fly, and have excellent stat bonuses.

nerulean
2007-12-23, 07:41 AM
I am waiting for someone around here to run a seafaring campaign so I can play a wavekeeper. They just look immense! Try the druid variant that gives you an elemental instead of an animal companion for extra watery goodness.

Gaiwecoor
2007-12-23, 08:04 AM
I am waiting for someone around here to run a seafaring campaign so I can play a wavekeeper. They just look immense! Try the druid variant that gives you an elemental instead of an animal companion for extra watery goodness.

Except I think you wouldn't qualify for wavekeeper if you took the elemental in place of an animal companion. I'm pretty sure one of the prerequisites for the PrC is an animal companion with the aquatic subtype. :smallmad: I hope I'm wrong on that, though.

I'll agree that the Dread Pirate would be fun. I had a concept for a Hadozee DP that would let his (human) first mate pretend to be captain when they were in port. He just couldn't be bothered with all of the stuff he'd normally have to deal with. Of course, it sounds like there are already a couple of Rogue-types in the game, so maybe that wouldn't be so good.

Maybe, rather than go with the more likely Druid-Wavekeeper combo, you could go with the Ranger-Wavekeeper. They should be able to qualify at roughly the same level. Just a thought :smallwink:

de-trick
2007-12-23, 09:32 AM
one of my firsts was dread pirate but one character already put debs of captain role. And he said that if someone claimed ownership of the ship, he would kill them and since you need to own a ship for dread pirate I could not qualify.

TRM
2007-12-23, 09:47 AM
Make a Dread Pirate. Make him dressed in all black. Name him the Dread Pirate Roberts. If you don't get the referance, I'm sorry for you.
That's from Harry Potter, right?:smalltongue:

daggaz
2007-12-23, 09:52 AM
That's from Harry Potter, right?:smalltongue:

Its the fireswamps for you, my friend.. :smallamused:

EDIT: and yeah... i know he was being sarcastic. So was I..