PDA

View Full Version : the wights seem unusually confident...

krossbow
2007-12-23, 02:22 AM
In the first encounter, the wights laughed heartily at the saphire resitance member who was slaughtering the hobgoblins. couple this with their conversation about his level, and it would appear that you have 2 enemies who seem to be fairly relaxed about he killing of somone up to level 12. Their seemingly relaxed state really makes me wonder about just how powerful these enemies are. This leads to the even more pressing question of just how powerful is Tsukiko, to be able to create and control large numbers of them.

Thoughts on this in regards to her level?

Mewtarthio
2007-12-23, 02:30 AM
Wights, being undead, are incapable of feeling fear. Additionally, assuming Tsukiko controls them, they are incapable of disobeying Tsukiko. Belkar has shown that these wights are quite killable, and may not be above average at all.

Demented
2007-12-23, 02:33 AM
It is also clear, by his ability to kill them so easily, that Belkar has +30 Daggers of Everything-Bane.

OverWilliam
2007-12-23, 08:53 AM
^ It's called 'MoJ Angst'. :smalltongue:

Doran
2007-12-23, 08:57 AM
:smalleek: For a minute there, the first sentence sounded almost like a horrible fanfic. Speaking of which, do Oots fanfics actually exist? :smallconfused:

nimby
2007-12-23, 10:55 AM
Well, there's plenty of wights. Even if the resistance member is level 12, if they all drain levels he's back to 1 in no time.

dakiwiboid
2007-12-23, 02:51 PM
:smalleek: For a minute there, the first sentence sounded almost like a horrible fanfic. Speaking of which, do Oots fanfics actually exist? :smallconfused:

Yup. The fanfic's around here and there. I found an example here (http://www.fanfiction.net/s/3738224/1/The_Order_Of_The_Stick_Teambuilding) and I know that there's more hanging around.

Free Hand
2007-12-23, 05:52 PM
Its also likely that they have protection spells cast on them.

PirateMonk
2007-12-23, 06:05 PM
Its also likely that they have protection spells cast on them.

Certainly not very good protection spells, given that they can be penetrated by a halfling's daggers and a low-level paladin's sword.