PDA

View Full Version : YATA Bleach d20

draxredd
2007-12-23, 11:37 AM
Yet Another Take At Bleach d20

As requested by Into the Void who created a remarquable adaptation of Tite Kubo's work, i'll be maintaining a new thread for my own version of Bleach d20.

What i'm trying to do with this fork (apart from keeping Into the void's one clean) is to bring a less canon ruleset, but also a simplier way to have fun in Soul Society.

I'll be updating this thread if comments and propositions come in. So read on, let the dices roll, and have fun.

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Skydrive) (http://cid-28e95dde7ca2cec8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Bleach/Bleach.zip)

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Megaupload) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5W8EIY3D)

If some of you find this interesting, i'd like you to try to recreate some figurehead characters and post your results here, along with any rules update or addition you may have needed. Please remember that i'm not going for the perfect bleach simulation, but for the simpliest ruleset possible.

The classless system is designed to stay mostly compatible with other d20 material, and is now the default system i'm using.

Deathreaper2425
2007-12-24, 12:22 PM
It ain't broke man don't fix it! my younger gaming group loves it leave it be. Great product.

Deathreaper2425
2007-12-24, 01:14 PM
Would you do me a favor when you update the file would you send me the update seperatly? I am printing the file now and want to just add the new stuff as updates, not print the file over and over. That would be ultra cool of you if you could.

draxredd
2007-12-24, 05:42 PM
i'll try to maintain a version.inf indicating which pages were updated.
which by the way recalls me of the lack of index and page numbers in the present document.

Deathreaper2425
2007-12-24, 06:02 PM
No problem man, I apprecate it I am working on converting your stuff into Beholds system, to make a unique book of my own. And My Rpg group is got sanction to offically playtest your system if you want us to. I am not going to sell the book or anything, I just want to make it more my style.

draxredd
2007-12-24, 07:06 PM
change is welcome, as long as you share the good stuff :smallsmile:

draxredd
2007-12-26, 04:44 AM
update 20071226, see first post.

Deathreaper2425
2007-12-26, 09:29 AM
It looks great man Just keep it up on the prestige classes, cause we need them to be finished asap, I officially ran the system last night, and it works, but my crew needs a finished product you know. Plus a character sheet sounds nice I have been using the d20 character sheet.

draxredd
2007-12-26, 12:21 PM
so, how was it ? any particular problems ? remarks ? suggestions ?
next prestige classes should be Kido corps and 12th division analyst and should be the las ones for now.
I'll try to wrap my head around chad, inoue and ishida to find an easy way to integrate them without creating too much new rules.

btw, added character sheet link in first post.

draxredd
2007-12-27, 09:46 AM
- Vastly expanded Kido information (full manga material referenced)
- IMPORTANT : modfied shikai and bankai prerequisites, now based on zanpakuto damage (works better with PrC)
- Added Reiatsu healing feat
- Updated zanpakuto feats for new shikai and bankai prerequisites.
- Kido Corps and 12th division scientist PrC
- updated most PrC class skills from the placeholder ones
- added Adjucha Hollow swarm ability
- gran rey Cero is an espada special ability
- kisuke and yoruchi NPC entries (first take)
- Chad, Ishida and Inoue NPC entrie (quick an dirty, but fully functionnal)
- Art update

updated download link in first post

Dante & Vergil
2007-12-27, 05:37 PM
I love your stuff, man!! You filled up so many cracks that Void hadn't started yet, not to say that Void hasn't done anything good, far from it in fact. I just feel you added stuff that puts the finishing touch on Bleach flavor.

draxredd
2007-12-27, 07:52 PM
well,we can all thank Void. his work has been crucial.

- edited for spelling and leftover cleaning
- added spell-like ability as Hollow growth entry
- completely reworked arrancar's resurreccion and bala ability
- added bonus feats to arrancar prc
- corrected bonus feat entry on espada
- modified Espada prc with placeholder (waiting for the storyline to unfold)
- renamed zanpakuto feats to Release feats
- completed some NPC entries
- drastically reduced file size (at the expense of a little art quality)

i'll afk for a few days. you may rest as well:smallamused:
as always, link updated in FP.

Demons_eye
2007-12-27, 09:38 PM
I cant down load it send a difrent link?

I have been having trubble with all those site Is there a way to down load it speical?

every time i try to open it a internet explorer pops up and then loading then it goes away and then it says

open save as cancle

draxredd
2007-12-28, 04:41 AM
click "save"
also, you must have Adobe Acrobat reader to view this file.

draxredd
2007-12-29, 06:41 PM
- still more all over editing and cleaning
- added precisions on stacking release powers
- added Cero to the hollow growth ability list, suppressed Hollow king ability (useless since spell-like power was added)
- closed loophole by forbidding some feats to be used in a release
- added incantation bypass as a special spellcraft skill check
- modified prerequisites for some Flash step feats
- added Powerful flash step feat
- tweaked damage reduction feat, again
- reworked Reiatsu surge and Reiatsu Focus
- updated prerequisites to adjucha and Arrancar PrC
- tweaked Masked Warrior and Resurreccion to make them closer
- Updated Kenpachi and tweaked Ichigo
- changed Ishida’s class to “Quincy” and added class info to his entry.
- art updates (hollow collection)

DL link updated in first post

Dante & Vergil
2007-12-30, 11:51 PM
The new download place seems to be a french web-sight and I keep having problems with it. Could you put it some where else or something? If you can, thanks in advance.
Edit: Never mind. I just saw the instructions above.
Edit: Well never mind. It still wont work for me.

draxredd
2007-12-31, 03:52 AM
added megaupload mirror in first post :smallwink:

Deathreaper2425
2007-12-31, 10:12 PM
The game ran smoothly and it work great, my house partly caught fire and I have been displaced because of it. I am slowly testing it for you and i will update you as time goes on. It works so far, thanks man. Keep it up.

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-01, 12:59 AM
Turns out it was just the computer, the internet service, or a combination of both that was screwing up the file. It seems to on the comp I'm using now.
I really liked your take on the Zanpakuto. It simplistic, but it alows players to basically make the Zanpakuto that they want with almost no restrictions. (The super specific abilities are for your DM to decide. Word of advice in this case, don't make it overtly complicated/broken.)

draxredd
2008-01-01, 11:41 AM
I really liked your take on the Zanpakuto. It simplistic, but it alows players to basically make the Zanpakuto that they want with almost no restrictions. (The super specific abilities are for your DM to decide. Word of advice in this case, don't make it overtly complicated/broken.)

from my own playtesting, it even frustrate mathematical genius type powergamer.

I'm currently looking into streamlining Reiatsu focus/surge and a new one called "reiatsu shield" (blocking attacks with one's zanpakuto)

i think i'll go for these 2 feats instead:
Reiatsu Burst (Soul)
Prerequisites: Concentration 10 ranks
1+WIS bonus times per day, you may concentrate your Reiatsu as a full round action. Roll a concentration check for one of the following effects:
- Summon your inner strength: you immediately regain a number of hit points or spell points equal to total score you rolled.
- Focus your spiritual pressure in your Zanpakutō: on your next attack (not release special ability), you bypass your total score’s worth of the opponent’s Damage reduction.
- Compress your Reiatsu in your Zanpakutō as a shield: your total score adds to your DR and MR for the rest of the round.

Extra Reiatsu Burst (Soul)
Prerequisites: Reiatsu burst
You gain 3 more Reiatsu burst uses per day. You can take this feat multiple times.

i'll may also add a new power to scientists and reshuffle other unique abilities around:

Forbidden Experiments (lv ?)
You have used your knowledge of shinigami metabolism to step beyond the boundaries of traditionnal science. You may pick one hollow growth ability per level of scientist.
(this idea came while re-reading the autopsy scene of rukia's gigai... these are freaks)

any thoughts ?

draxredd
2008-01-02, 09:04 AM
- added basic d20 reference mechanics and charts
- edition for spelling, clarification of terms
- completed Kido entry with Wikipedia and unearthed arcana text
- reaffected kido efficiency to intelligence (see below)
- compressed Reiatsu focus, surge and shield to Reiatsu burst feat.
- added Extra Reiatsu burst feat
- added Forbidden experiments scientist special ability
- added bonus metamagic feats to kido corps

Balancing attributes’ usefulness:
STR: hit, damage, encumbrance
DEX: AC, range hit, ref save
CON: hit points, fort save
INT: skill points, kido
WIS: AC, will save
CHA: release powers

download link updated in FP

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-02, 04:10 PM
Keep it up man, Great stuff, my players are getting kinda Irked thought, they want a final copy, I told them to have patience, this a a solid project that needs time to get finished, but otherwise good work. Keep it coming, I'll go over the copy tonight and post comments as I can.

draxredd
2008-01-02, 04:50 PM
well... it all depends what you call a final version. i think the overall system is well in place and nothing i'll may add or tweak will break anything down the line. i'm integrating many suggestions as quick as i can work them in and playtest a bit, but the basic game is fully playable already.

as a rule of thumb, always go for the main DL link as it's my own ftp, so it's updated fairly often compared to the megaupload link.

geez3r
2008-01-03, 09:32 AM
Woah. I stumbled upon this on complete accident, and I must say that I'm really impressed. I've been keeping tab's on Behold_the_Void's version for a while, and I honestly might like your version better. Sure it's not quite as detailed as Void's system, but it really works and leaves so much room for creativity it's staggering. I especially like the feat trees, you've done a bang up job. I'm going to try to introduce this system to a few of my friends and see if we can get a game off the ground. I'm going to try to stat out a few monsters and a few enemies and run a few playtests.

Oh, and in Ishida's stat block, in the Shikai section, you refer to it as longsword instead of a longbow.

And one more thing: in this system, is 1 sq. yard equivalent to the standard 5ft. square in standard d20 systems?

Great work so far.

draxredd
2008-01-03, 02:05 PM
for ishida, it's not a bug, it's ep.257-258 quincy technique
it may indeed be more of an alternate shikai, but i didn't add an idea for basic shikai

I'm using yard-based system because it's almost compatible with the metric system us restoftheworlders use. so 1m = 1yd = 3' (roughly)

thanks for the support, i'm awaiting more of your input.

btw:

- hollow spell-like ability now accounts for high INT
- added Variable release and Renewed release feats
- reshuffled feat in categories for more coherency
- modified Outcast for factions compatibility
- completed neltu entry
- added menos grande entry
- art upgrade

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-03, 10:04 PM
No offense ment my friend, they just wanted the tweaking and updating to be done, but I told them that it takes time to do. The testing is going great, we just logged a 36 hour session. It went great, and we have ironed out a few kinks. I'll post them tommrow, when I have access to a dedicated line. Keep up the great work.

draxredd
2008-01-04, 09:53 AM
none taken ^^

while i'm waiting for your post, i'll just let you know i'm currently working on a little additional leaflet for a beginner setting and story taking place in Hiroshima.

here's an excerpt of the background information:
Egg of the Dragon
In an extremely rare display of subtlety, an unknown force emanating from Hueco Mundo used the Manhattan project and its creation, the atomic bomb called Little Boy, as a Trojan horse and focus for a massive ritual that would give Hollows across the world the ability to become completely corporeal, escaping Shinigami power and gaining new hunting grounds.

Gathered intelligence allowed the Shinigami to mount a counter attack, and a full division, commanded by Sōtaichō Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai was waiting the coming of what was later to be called the Dragon’s Egg.
When the shining metal sphere dropped from an immense Garganta in the sky, it was accompanied by a screaming swarm of hollows of all shapes and size, basking in its malevolent aura.

The Shinigami Division fought bravely until, back in the human world, Little Boy exploded in the morning sky. An instant later, the spirit world was set ablaze with the surge of tens of thousands souls ripped of their lives. The Dragon’s Egg feasted upon this abundant spiritual power and started to swell and grow.

Sensing the danger, Sōtaichō Shigekuni Yamamoto-Genryūsai commanded the immediate release of the Sōkyoku, striking it directly at the Egg of the Dragon. What was left of the Division and the Hollow horde from the nuclear blast was destroyed by the terrifying spiritual explosion.
The Egg was broken in innumerable pieces and the surviving Shinigami departed the battlefield.

draxredd
2008-01-05, 09:52 AM
- tweaked Reiatsu burst focus and shield abilities for better scaling
- added Reiatsu Inspiration feat
- added swim checks for spirit flight
- renamed Final release as Sacrifice Release
- updated NPC for variable and sacrifice releases
- corrected double entry in Vizard Prc

links updated in first post

NightmareToilet
2008-01-06, 06:37 PM
Hi, came over to look at your system, though I don't have folks to playtest it with right now. I had posted some ideas in Void's thread, and maybe those will give you some ideas, too, or not. :smallsmile:

draxredd
2008-01-07, 05:33 AM
I've read most of your entries.
my feeling is that most of your contributions, while quite inspiring, are for the most part based on unique happenstances. Most of these doesn't mandate a specific treatment under the ruleset i propose but, for example, a 12th division scientist can create kidou guns or cannons (magic wands), modsoul mech (golems), and a kido corps as all necessary abilities to Gate througth pocket dimensions.

Nevertheless, one thing i'd may try to integrate is the "Baishin syndrom", probably as a Prestige class with specific madness rules. This as quite strong storytelling potential.

I may have missed a few other proposition but you really should try to formalize a bit more :)

draxredd
2008-01-07, 10:29 AM
first shot on the "baishin" prestige class:

Ketsugo
Since the tragedy that led Baishin and its lieutenants to their untimely death, some Shinigami took over the notes he left behind and somewhat perfected its teachings and method of training.

prq: 3d6 zanpakuto damage

lv bab F D W special Zan
1 +1 +1 +1 +0 sword frenzy +1d6
2 +2 +2 +2 +1 bonus feat +1d6
3 +3 +3 +3 +1 Reiatsu drain +2d6
4 +4 +4 +4 +2 bonus feat +2d6
5 +5 +5 +5 +2 Sword fusion +3d6

Sword Frenzy
for/con bonus, confusion

Reiatsu Drain
drain hp/sp from target to resist confusion

Perfect Sword Fusion
Constant release at full base points

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-07, 12:14 PM
The Bashnin class looks solid so far. Also I noted one thing about your base classes, My opinion only, I think they should either be the same in progression, or the shinigami should have the heroic progression and the hollows should be the lower progression, also I think that the AC bonus for both should be 1/per level, (20 max). This is just design stuff I tossed around with my group and they loved it. So I make this offering to you. Tell me what you think.

NightmareToilet
2008-01-07, 01:11 PM
ok, thanks.

Baishin's drain ability is like the peacock guy (sorry name escapes me) with the multi-sickle. I'm not sure it is anything more than an ability of his personal zanpakuto, although making it like you did adds something interesting to that prograssion. But even Zangestu himself when fighting Ichigo did not use a drain power, so likely it was just Baishin's sword's ability, but either way, no harm in having it be a special for that progression, I suppose?

One thing I thought you may want to see is the alternate character + zanpakuto progression I put, I think it is at the bottom of page 17 and what that would allow.

There is also a type of draining anyone could do if one shinigami gave their power to another. Also, there are a couple places where characters synchronize/stack their reiatsu for an attack.

I was thinking that Ichigo could double dip Rukia, get her powers again to make himself more powerful. Since he already has a zanpakuto now, maybe it would enable him to get the ice ability, just thinking, if you want to make a rule to cover a double dip like that.

draxredd
2008-01-07, 03:36 PM
@deathreaper:
What i'm trying to do with the hollow/shinigami class is establish a clear difference between the learned, reasoned, "yin" approach the shinigami embody, versus a instinctual, organic, "yang" represented by hollows.
so shinigami must learn (skillpoints, feats, kido) while hollows rely on growing, eating and bleeding a lot.
then comes in the prc, where i'm trying to mark two paths : either increasing natural tendency (captain, adjucha, or balancing influences: vizard, Arrancar...)
I think it's one of the underlying theme of Bleach and i'm trying to illustrate this.

from a gameplay perspective, i'm not sure an increased armor class is a good thing. characters tends to bleed a lot in bleach, even at high levels. Increased armor class can perfectly fit in a Release, either through the Defending weapon ability, or through flat armor bonus. More armor class = longer and more boring combats.

i'm not sure i understand your thing about "having same progression" shinigami is a cut and paste from the monk class and hollow from the barbarian class, so both are "heroic" if that's what you ment.

@nightmaretoilet:
yeah i've toyed with this too. i feel that a generous feat allotment and a lot of feats and prc allows for many more combinations and customization than a single table (see hollow within, hollow rage feats, vizard prc, for exemples). As for the double dip i thin i've got it covered with the Reiatsu inspiration feat.

ps: i'm looking for illustration suggestion for the new prc.

Colt
2008-01-08, 08:16 AM
I watch the anime version of bleach on my computer, so I can take Screenshots of particular sections if you let me know what you want.

Here is an example of what it would look like. (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v513/afterburner767/vlcsnap-1800348.png)

draxredd
2008-01-08, 08:38 AM
urgh please no more ichigo! :smallbiggrin:

he's a great character but i've tried so hard not to have him on every page of the manual, i've probably overdosed.
the particular difficulty is that adding non-canon material will certainly ask for external illustrations but with similar style (tenjho tenge looks quite close)

i do like this one:
http://diablo2003.deviantart.com/art/Ultimate-Silver-Samurai-9405058
but the style is too far off.

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-08, 07:46 PM
Once again I ment no disrespect, I was simply trying to keep it simple by suggesting both types use the same warrior chart for progression, but I think I might have simpled it down a bit too much. By heroic i ment the higher of the base attack progression charts. Also the armor thing was suggested simply because the shinigami are not allowed armor, so I suggested it because of this fact. hollows also have a strong natural armor, as described in there wiki entry.
But your best bet is to google Biashin and try to find a pic that way. I hope that help clear up any thing you might have been confused on about what i said.

NightmareToilet
2008-01-08, 09:11 PM
Yeah, armor and blade sharpness both come down to killer intent, the power of the reiatsu refined for and by battle, strong willpower combined and force of personality. That is their armor and that is their blade's edge, since they are made of spirit particles. Of course there is the stone that nullifies that but even it can be damaged a little by a very strong reiatsu.

I have to read your system more, but yeah, I thought what I came up with would allow a lot of options and customization while also including what the show seemed to be conveying. One thing is that the shinigami, imagine if they did not have a sentient sword and did the same basic training, and then add a sentient sword that developes its own powers, and they surely go over 100% due to this addition, and some focus more one place or another, some sacrifice spells for more blade power, some sacrifice for more spell power or whatever. And then there is Aizen who has been at it long enough to have mastered all 4 paths further than any regular shinigami can.

Actually, I do like the idea of stripping classes out a lot and just have a framework of choices in which a person makes their path by deciding and not being limited (and gets more than 100%, gets plenty of feats; the 20th lev fighter that does not have dodge or weapon focus, for example, just is not right). I certainly don't like coming up with a cool character concept and then some rules say no that can't be done just because.

++
Edit:
I see a charcter can get stats of 2 16s and 4 14s to start. I have always thought that if a stat is 16 or higher then maybe a bonus feat or talent related to that stat is called for because it would be naturally easier to develope. Should the character with a 16 or 18 progress at the same rate as one with an 8 or 10 as far as feats and talents related to a score? It seems to need a fix!

draxredd
2008-01-09, 03:20 AM
if you were rolling stats, i could agree with you nightmare toilet, but i'd be giving unlucky players a feat or to to make up for it, but in a point buy system, it's only begging for munchkining.

deathreaper, your feedback on AC balance made me develop the new prc in a more tank-like approach, note sure it will really fit your demand, but i hope it will somewhat feel a gap.

also:

- added Ketsugo prc (optionnal, tear up the page if it harms your eyes)
- tweaked some prc skills
- some editing and art update

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-09, 12:05 PM
Looks pretty sharp there. Not sure how it's going to play test, but i will try it out tonight and give feed back to you accordingly. Keep up the good stuff.

NightmareToilet
2008-01-09, 12:43 PM
Hm I supose that could happen, though you are limited to how many you can buy.

Something else though is, remember how in D&D when a character learned a spell they had to roll to see if they learned it and how they had to train in a training hall after getting enough xp. I kind of like something like that, its not automatic, was thinking feats could have the same thing, a roll to see if you develope it, and harder ones could have harder rolls. And if you don't you have to get x amount of xp before trying again, but also, a training that taught a certain feat could let you roll to try to get it even if you don't have a slot open at the moment. It seems a little more realistic and adds something? You might not always get the feat right away that you want but you might be able to pick up things from training, too, which is actually how characters usually get stuff. Of course training for Ichigo often means brink of death! What about fitting that requirement in while not making it too damgerous (the character should go below 0 to attempt certain things, but they need x amount of xp and a high will to ensure they will survive).

draxredd
2008-01-11, 04:18 AM
I somehow feel going classless is the only way to have the rules as versatile as needed.... i've spent a night on it.

so here it is amongst coffee stains : first draft of a "classless" Bleach d20
be kind :p

http://pagesperso-orange.fr/faury/bleach_classless.pdf

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-11, 11:33 AM
Wow way too much stuff, stay with the old version, too much filler info, one spell list, maybe two, not all of them. Classless is a horrible way to go. I hope what I said didn't cause this, because if it did I take it all back. I like the old system best. The prestige class baised on Biashin works great by the way.

draxredd
2008-01-11, 12:04 PM
it's all about experimenting. this his really more fluid and accomodates a wide variety of characters. It does upset some old usages, i agree.
i'll let you know how tonight chargen and playtesting went.

btw in the classless version take a look at revised PrC, particularly the scientist, I think the Familiar/imporved familiar is quite right on spot (miatsuchi and uruhara both have weird helpers around them, that was the idea).

the filler info (skills, feats and spelllist) are fitting my particular needs for running a game session. Just don't print them if you don't need them.

deathreaper, if you want to, i'll pm you a link to the last .doc version of the class-ful (izataword ?) system.

(updated the classless pdf with much more art (almost all album covers))

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-11, 05:50 PM
Sounds good to me. I like to keep it simple like you said.

geez3r
2008-01-11, 08:24 PM
I haven't done nearly as much as I wanted to do, but I did manage a little play testing before real life ruined my fun.

It’s rare in Bleach that a team is actually fighting someone or something. It follows the guidelines, of “This is my opponent.” and has everyone engage just a single opponent at a time. These playtests shall therefore be 1 on 1 encounters. These battle will be Hollow vs. Shinigami, and I am only testing their combat effectiveness at this point. The Shinigami has the Dedicated Warrior feat, simply because most of the time, we only an exchange of sword strikes, with little Kido use (there are of course many notable exceptions) and I have a biased towards that feat and I'm running the play test, so nyeh. Furthermore, the level 5 versions are effectively leveled up versions of their level 1 counter parts, so no complete overhaul has been done. You'll also notice that neither party is overly min-maxed, I mean the lvl 1 Hollow has CHA of 14 for crying out loud.

The rolls are recorded as X (Y), X is the number rolled, Y is the result after all modifiers

Battle 1:

Level 1 Hollow (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=6739) Vs. Level 1 Shinigami (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=6738)

Both parties are on an open field, 50ft away from one another, neither is flat footed.

Initiative: Hollow rolls 17 (17), Shinigami rolls an 11 (13)

Round 1:

Hollow charges Shinimagi and attacks 16 (25) hits, damage 3 (8).

Shinigami attacks back, but provokes AoO: 11 (20) hits, damage 5 (10) Shinigami is at –6.

Resolution: Hollow eats Shinigami’s soul, get’s 330 XP, go Hollow.

Comments: Shinigami really didn’t stand a chance. Hollow hits for a minimum of 6 and Shinigami has 12HP. If either side had more people, it would have gone heavily in the favor of that side. So if this was run like standard D&D (at least at early levels) and the Shinigami outnumbered Hollows, it would be a fair and balanced fight. But Shinigami just dies 1 on 1. The Hollow’s higher Bab and Str just make it a melee masher at low levels.

Battle 2:

Alright, both parties are now veteran fighters, not great fighters mind you, but they’ve been around the block once or twice.

Level 5 Hollow (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=6742) Vs. Level 5 Shinigami (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=6741)
Both parties are on an open field, 50ft away from one another, neither is flat footed.

Initiative: Hollow 17 (17) Shinigami 10 (12)

Round 1:

Hollow charges Shinigami: attack 6 (19) hits, damage 3,3 (13)
Shinigami tumbles back 5 (15) avoids the AoO, and not taking chances, releases his Shikai

Round 2

Hollow lumbers up to the Shinigami and attacks, this time, not attacking using his extended reach. Attack 1 (13) misses

Shinigami uses his shiny new Shikai to attack 2 (12) and misses

Round 3

Hollow attack again 17 (28) hits, damage 9 (16)

Shinigami attacks again 9 (19) hits, uses action dice on damage 5,2,1,3,3 (20)

Round 4

Hollow attacks 15 (26) hits, damage: 1,8 (16); Hollow’s Regeneration heals 1HP

Shinigami attacks 13(23) hits, another action die on damage 1,3,6,6,4 (26)

Round 5

Hollow attacks 1 (13) misses; Regenerates 1

Shinigami weilds zanpakuto 2handed and power attacks for -5/+10 17 (23) hits, damage 1,3,4,3 (28)

Round 6

Hollow attacks 11 (22) hits, 6,6 (19); Regenerates 1

Shinigami attacks with –5/+10 tradeoff again 13 (18) hits, damage 3,2,6,2 (30)

Round 7

Hollows misses

Shinigami finishes Hollow off

Resolution: Shinigami wins, with 11HP remaining, not including the 10 from Shikai and gets 1500XP. This fight was actually really close, had the Hollow not missed so often, it could have easily won. What saved the Shinigami is his Shikai combined with his power attacking, if he hadn’t done those, the Hollow would could have wiped the floor with him. Though this may be partially do to the fact that I maxed HP for both parties. As with the first fight, if additional participants were added, that side is almost guaranteed to win.

Not the prettiest fights ever, but it stands to reason that the classes are fairly balanced, at least early on.

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-12, 12:36 AM
deathreaper, if you want to, i'll pm you a link to the last .doc version of the class-ful (izataword ?) system.

Can you do that for me to? If you can, thanks.
Your classless system is interesting, and so I'll keep tabs on it.

draxredd
2008-01-12, 03:06 AM
deathreaper, dante&vergil, you got pm ;)

playtest went well. the classless creation system reaaally does open up things (chad, inoue or even shiba family)
Only tweaked up things is that i overdone charisma as a must-have attribute, so i've removed it from the release base point calculations, and boosted "expanded release" feat a bit.

i'll add 2 base skills to initial selection of main skills as all players spends a feat on them. the free feat might come in handy for HP that do seem to be on bit on the low side in the new definition...

One idea that was proposed is expanding on the "buxom" feat to create a "fan service" line of pseudo-useless feats representing some of the goofy archetypes seens through most mangas (naive simpleton, lady's man, 10ton hammer, huge appetite...). each character could have one of those zero-sums feat for free.

i'll update stuff asap.

NightmareToilet
2008-01-12, 04:16 PM
I wonder with the playtest, if you had a character from your system and one from Void's how they would compare in an actual playtest. I suppose you would know this much better than someone coming here and trying to figure it all out about how they would differ. For example, compare the same character at level 12 on both systems or compare Byakuya on both systems so people have an idea of what is different.

draxredd
2008-01-13, 02:38 PM
i'm not even sure the systems are on a similar power scale, so comparing these would be quite difficult. As i stated in FP i'm not planning on a perfect bleach emulation, but something allowing storytelling in this setting and flavour.

btw, updated classless version:

- balanced character creation and base feats
- added a new feat category "Fan Service" (well, yes, it is what you think it is)
- balanced many feats mechanics for attributes usefulness.
- polished the prestige feats tree
-completely reworked npcs art and templates. now needs to fill them.
- new cover art !

geez3r
2008-01-13, 11:25 PM
I'm doing another playtest (level 10 this time), and I need a ruling. A little known rule about the Intimidate skill is that you get a +4 bonus on your check per size category you are larger tha your target. Does this bonus apply when trying to overwhelm your oppenent with reiatsu or not?

I've also started on creating characters based on the classless system, and I'll do a few playtests with that variation as well. I'm also making the play tests a bit more cinematic, because the last one was just boring.

draxredd
2008-01-14, 03:51 AM
i'm not sure the size bonus on intimidation rolls should apply to reiatsu influence. It's more of a mind vs mind stuff.

i'm very interested in your classless builds and test. be sure to use latest rule version as it has major balance tweaks, but is still very experimental.

next version will include all new npc builds, when i find some time to work on this.

cheers:smallsmile:

Colt
2008-01-14, 09:26 AM
One thing that bugs me about the fan service feats is the Simpleton feat, it would seem like max wisdom might be more appropriate. You might be smart, but the things you do often don't make much sense. Kinda like Cap. Carrot from Discworld. He does things without thinking about what will happen. I dunno, my 2 cp.

draxredd
2008-01-14, 10:17 AM
from his innuendos with lord vetinari, i don't think carrot is naive at all.
same goes for a luffy mugiwara or a young songoku... it's just the way they are.

anyway i don't feel comfortable with a max value as a feat prerequisite, so i might reconsider having a prerequisite at all for this feat.

new classless version

- reworked reiatsu feats
- added Reiatsukaï prestige path
- edited and clarified stuff here and there

Colt
2008-01-14, 09:12 PM
More like Carrot at the beginning, in Guards Guards, when he arrested the head of the Thieves Guild. he's really smart, but he's carrying out the law without regard to the actual way of the world.

geez3r
2008-01-14, 10:53 PM
A few questions regarding for the classless system:

1) Do the natural attacks of the Hollows use "Unarmed Strike" or "Weapon Attack" to calculate attack bonus?

2) How many natural attacks does a Hollow start off with, and which type of attack is it (ie: bite, claw, etc.)?

2b) If a Hollow were to gain a second (or third, fourth, etc) natural attack, which one would be considered the primary natural attack?

3) Do Hollows gain additional attacks with a natural weapon for a high Base Attack bonus (or Combat Skill ranks, which ever you preferr to call it by)?

4) If a Hollow were to posess 2 claw attacks, would they use the Two-Weapon Fighting feats, or the Multi-Weapon Fighting Feats?

4b) Would a Hollow be able to gain the Multi-Weapon Feats through the feats gained at each level, or would that have to use the Hollow Growth Ability: Monsterous Feat to gain access to that feat tree?

5) Do you still gain a +1 bonus to an ability score every 4 levels?

6) I'm assuming the standard feat progression is gone.

7) Why does Reiatsu Burst have the prerequist of Skill Focus: Bluff instead of Intimidate or something? You normally use Bluff to Hide your Reiatsu, not show it off.

8) Is the Alive feat selectable only by Shinigami?

9) For the Baishin prestigue class, what sort of action is required to activate the Reiatsu Drain ability? And can you make multiple touch attacks if your Skill (which begs the question which skill does it use?) is high enough?

10) The Masked Warrior feat (Vizard) doesn't grant a bonus to Con, is this intentional?

Run out of questions, making statements now:

1) You can't actually meet the prerequisits for the Dark Hero Fan Service feat at first level, which is where you get a freebie one, and is quite honestly the only time I would consider taking it.

2) Everyone is going to have a decent Int and take the Seasoned feat at least once at first level because it regulates how high your BAB is AND high good your saves are AND how much Kido you can do AND you're over all skills, which are necessary for many of the feats you are getting AND it's not retroactive, so every level you don't take it is a level where you could have gotten more skill points to kick around.

3) It's my initial opinion that you should have 3 Base Skills instead of 2, but I want to playtest this one through first.

4) The bit for the Rage feat that says that you gain an extra rage per day per time you take the feat is missing.

5) The Classic Feats are just too weak compared to the new feats to be worth taking, unless they are a prerequist for the feat. They somehow need to be made stronger to keep up with the other feats, especially when the feats effectively create your class; every feat you take is crucial.

6) The text for Shikai reads:

"You have a base point allotment for choosing equal to your Character"

I assume the last part of that sentence should be: "... level + CHA."

6a) The Bankai feat doesn't mention adding your CHA modifier, I'm not sure if this is intentional or not.

7) The Reiatsu Healing Feat should have the Prereq. of Skill Focus: Heal instead of Skill Focus: First Aid. I also suggest beefing up the feat a little, it seems a little weak, especially when it costs 2 feats.

Ummm, that's it. Don't feel bad that there are so many questions, because that is literally everyone I could think of.

Playtesting this is going to be tricky because the leveling system is... erratic is a good way to describe it (before playtesting, I usually level up a dummy character X levels until I get a feel for the system). If you gain like 3 levels you are an entirely different person than you were before, but then again, that's not exactly unheard of in the Bleach universe.

draxredd
2008-01-15, 03:22 AM
1) Unarmed Strike.

2) one, your choice

2b) Hollows are base characters so Hollow attacks are based on Unarmed Strike skill ranks. additionnal natural attacks (from extra limbs hollow growth power) are at full score -5.

3) yep. see above.

4) neither, see above.

4b) it's a monstrous feat, so it's hollow growth

5) nope, you got the Heroic Attribute feat for this.

6) it is. RIP.

7) because i was editing the file way past 2am :).

8) no. look at chad for exemple : his powers are hueco mundo aligned, yet he is alive.

9) reiatsu drain is a touch attack. see the vampiric touch for exemple.

10) yep. fast and furious.

statements:

1) right, see 7/ above.

2) yep, i'm still not sure about seasoned. it's very hard to balance properly. but 6 skill points per level ain't that low, and more than 8 would be too much i feel. and maybe make seasoned unstackable (Heroic attribute FTW)... but then it'll be a hard day for skillmonkeys. gotta recreate more npc and do some playtest for that. the point is that no attribute or feat must be musthave or on the contrary a dump, yet all must be useful.

3) i'm also hesitant between the two version. 3 might be too much for student to be useful...

4) intentional. Heroic attribute FTW.

5) there's always been must haves amongst classic feats. I was toying with the idea of forcing a classic feat every even level.

6) The matter is i rolled a 1 on my edit check when i suppressed Cha bonus.I modified Expanded release feat and forgot to update the other release feats. Cha has the same problem as intelligence, too useful in the system.

6a) also intentionnal.

7) thanks for the typo (i'm building this from a french PHB and DMG :p). I'll take a look on this. maybe make it work more like a regenerate spell. it's more of a makeshift for characters who don't want to bother with Kido, so it must be somewhat underpowered.

i'm trying to make the leveling and character progression way more open handed, and avoiding cookie-cutters is the whole point of trying to go classless.

Last idea for today, what about making reiatsu overwhelming work more like a undead turning check ? (with applicable feats, etc)

thanks for your interest in all this !

(updated file with typo fixes you pointed)

2008-01-15, 03:41 PM
One quick thought, I know it won't come up often and no sane dm would allow it but just for completeness' sake... Shinigami11/Vizard5 combos can qualify for both adjuchas and arrancar. I assume this is unintentional, so perhaps hollow level 12 as a prerequisite rather than BAB +12?

draxredd
2008-01-16, 05:19 AM
mmm... a shinigami/vizard cannot have neither consumption nor spirit claws hollow growth abilities i think.
Anyway this could prove ... interesting :mitd:

Any idea about more Hollow prc by the way? Reiatsukai is a crossover prc which expands the choice a bit, but maybe some suggestions on Espada (currently on standby for source material), Vasto Lorde (or is the term just a catchall category for "prestige hollows"), hueco mundo survivors , reformed hollows ?

Also

added a Reiatsu bullrush feat, for knocking down people with an angry stare :smallfurious:

geez3r
2008-01-16, 05:20 PM
I got a little bad news. New semester started, so I'm now using a different computer, but now this computer has problems loading the pdf's, so until that gets resolved, I won't be able to do anymore playtesting. Every time I try to load the pdf's it says "Adobe Reader has encountered a problem and needs to close." This computer only has version 7, do you think that is the problem?

Nevermind. Apparently, talking about the problem will apparently immediately make it fix itself. :smallannoyed:

draxredd
2008-01-17, 03:04 AM
[s]Nevermind. Apparently, talking about the problem will apparently immediately make it fix itself. :smallannoyed:

it's one of the known rules of computer science, along with "it works better if you plug it in" :smalltongue:

draxredd
2008-01-18, 07:59 AM
small update.

settled on base system for now (skills, feats, etc)
modified some feats for less feats and more skills prerequisites.
started working on npc.
ichigo is up : if this one fits, all should follow ^^
edited for typo, too

i'll update stuff as more npc are up.

geez3r
2008-01-19, 01:08 AM
Got another play test:

Battle 3:

Now things are getting interesting. Our Shinigami is a Lt. of the Gotei 13 now, and our Hollow is nearly a Menos. The Shinigami has started undergoing Bankai training, but hasn’t achieved it yet (as everybody except for the main character must actually put forth effort to achieve this level of power) and our Hollow is approaching the level of the much feared Cero. This will be the last battle without muliclassing, next time these two meet, the Shinigami will be a Captain and the Hollow will be a Menos, specifically an Adjucha.

Now some may think that the Hollow Bane Shikai is a little cheap, but seeing as how Shinigami are supposed to combat Hollows, it stands to reason that there’s a few Zanpakutos out there that are good at killing Hollows.

And a final note, I’ll run this fight a little more cinematically, because the last one got boring, so if you want to hear my try to be a little cinematic, read the text; if you don’t care about the story and just want the crunch, check the spoilers.

Predictions: I can’t call this one. The Hollow has a lot more hitpoints, and a much longer reach, and it’s swallow whole ability is going to be a pain, but the Shinigami has flash step, reiatsu burst, shikai, power attack and a higher DR. If anything it’s going to be messy.

Level 10 Hollow (Baaru) (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7194) Vs. Level 10 Shinigami (Hiroshi) (http://www.thetangledweb.net/addon.php?addon=Profiler&page=view_char&cid=7193)

It was rare that a Lieutenant was called out of Soul Society to deal with a Hollow, but it was even rarer that 7 Shinigami would be taken down in just as many minutes by a single Hollow. This was no ordinary Hollow, and as such, they broke tradition and did not seal Hiroshi’s reiatsu as he entered the Human World. He was a simple seek and destroy mission, his first priority was to terminate the Hollow with extreme prejudice. If any of the other Shinigami survived, he would call for medical assistance only after the Hollow was confirmed to be down.

Hiroshi really enjoyed being in the Human World, it was such a change to Soul Society that he found himself being distracted by the simplest of things as his jumped from roof top to roof top in search of this Hollow. But being distracted was the last thing he wanted to be at this time; after one over zealous flash step he found himself not 50ft from the target Hollow, who had cornered a Pulse in an alley.

The Hollow had noticed him, and turned to face him “Oooh ho ho. Soul Society is putting on a feast for me tonight. I so look forward to thanking them, personally.” The Hollow nonchalantly slammed the Pulse and sent them flying into a wall in the alleyway.

Initiative: Shinigami 16 (18), Hollow 1 (0) Finally the Shinigami goes first.

Round 1

While mentally berating himself for being so careless, Hiroshi said into his communicator “This is Hiroshi, target acquired, I shall engage it immediately.” “Good luck Lieutenant.” Came a voice from the other end.

I’ve got to lure it away from the Pulse thought Hiroshi as he Flash Stepped back roughly 30ft, drawing his Zanpakuto. I can’t mess around now. This Hollow has already caused far too much trouble, and if it gets away it’ll only get stronger and cause more problems

“If you want another meal Hollow, you’ll have to work for it. Unlease! - Shuurajou!”

The Hollow lumbers forward, it’s tongue lolling outside of it’s maw as it approached his prey. “My stomach will be your grave Shinigami.” The Hollow’s Reiatsu batters Hiroshi like a tidal wave, but Hiroshi has weathered worse and pushes right back, with equal if not slightly greater force. The Hollow takes a hesitant step backwards, This guy, he’s on a whole nother level…

Hiroshi will attempt to Flash Step directly back 6 squares (DC 6?) 14 (39) and does it as a free action, he uses up a move action to gain some distance. He then releases his Shikai. They are now 80ft apart.

NOTE: The Flash step DC’s are weird for my brain to comprehend. I understand what a yard is, and the DC’s given work out to 5ft. increments. So if you could just to me a favor and like point out like how many squares that would be in game terms that would be great. I don’t know, maybe I’m just confusing the heck out of myself for no good reason.

Baaru move forward 30ft (the distance between them is now 50ft). Baaru then attempts to overwhelm Hiroshi with his reiatsu: 2 (17). Shinigami don’t have Intimidate as a class skill, so Hiroshi will oppose with a level check 8 (18). Hiroshi beats the Hollow by 1, so the Hollow becomes dazed.

Round 2

The years or training and dedication Hiroshi has undergone at Soul Society have paid off greatly; he’s sees the flaw in the Hollow’s defenses and takes advantage of it imediately. In an instant, Hiroshi has closed the gap between himself and the Hollow, slashing at it with an upward crescent slash, putting both hands on the blade to drive is deeper into the flesh.

The Hollow could do nothing but recoil at Hiroshi’s speed and power, and his willingness to suddenly go into full offense. He hadn’t even noticed the huge gash in his arm yet.

Hiroshi charges the Hollow (who doesn’t get the AoO’s because of dazed condition) and attacks (weilding Zanpakuto 2-handed): 9 (26) Hits. Damage: 1,5,3,6,4,5 (35). Hollow takes 33.

Hollow is dazed and can take no actions, but heals 3HP.

Round 3

Here’s a little known fact about Hiroshi: excluding captains, Hiroshi is ranked 322nd for the most number of Hollows defeated in single handedly by a Shinigami in the history of Soul Society. Might not sound like much until you realize that Sould Society has been around for a really fricken long time, like since the dawn of it. This is because once Hiroshi starts fighting a Hollow, he flat out turns demonic. Poor Baaru had to find that out the hard way as Shuurajou lived up to its namesake (a scene of carnage (bloodshed)) becoming nothing more than a flash of steel practically singing in Hiroshi’s hands as it cleaved flesh from bone.

For a brief moment, everything on the battle field was still and silent, but then the numerous wounds the Hollow had just received all burst out a torrent of blood simultaneously.

Not thinking clearly, the Hollow reverted to its primal instincts as it lashed out at the Shinigami, while its body slowly began to put itself back together again. That however, wasn’t necessarily as bad thing as Baaru’s jaws clamp forcefully down on Hiroshi who wasn’t expecting that kind of speed. Baaru lifts Hiroshi off the ground, while his jaws start chewing up his new prey.

I would say what goes through Hiroshi’s mind at this point, but none of those words I can say in front of children.

Hiroshi will full attack and execute all attacks as -3/+6 Power Attacks.
Attack 1: 18 (33). Hit and Threat. 14 (28) Confirmed. Ow.
Damage: 1,5,5,4,4,4,3,5,1,4,3,3 (76) !!!!!!

Attack 2: 5 (19) Hits exactly. Damage: 3,3,2,3,5,4 (37)

Attack 3: 13 (22) hits. Damge: 1,5,4,4,2,6 (39)

That ladies and gentlemen is what 152 fricken damage looks like. The hollow only takes 146 of that though because of DR. Normally when seeing numbers like that you would roll for massive damage, but this is Bleach, massive damage occurs in every panel.

Baaru will also full attack, and use Power Attack for -3/+3.

Attack 1: 20 (35). Hit and threat. 15 (30) Confirmed. Apparently the dice want the Hollow to win, or at least get a few good licks in.
Damage: 5,8,5,5,3,2 (54) Owwie. Hiroshi takes 49 after DR.

Because the bite attack hit, Hollow gets a Grapple attempt:
Baaru: 3 (29)
Hiroshi: 7 (18) heh, no chance. Hiroshi’s grappled.

Baaru attacks again: 12 (18) Hit. Damage: 7,3,8 (31). Hiroshi takes 26 after DR.

Baaru heals 3 again. Wow, this round had some heavy hits, guess my predictions were spot on.

Round 4

Hiroshi struggles in vain against the Hollow’s jaws; he can’t get out.

“I told you Shinigami, my stomach would be your grave.” Says Baaru as he chews on the Shinigami before tilting back his head and swallowing Hiroshi whole.

Hiroshi fails to get out of the grapple, the Hollow’s modifier is 15 higher, it might be a different story if Hiroshi has ranks in Escape Artist, but he does not.

The Hollow is going to try to chew the Shinigami a bit more before swallowing him.

Attack: 19 (37) yeesh, be glad he only crits on a 20. Damage: 3,6,5 (24) 19 after DR.

Swallow Whole:
Hiroshi: 12 (23)
Baaru: 8 (29) Beat again

1,5 (14) Blugeoning Damage, reduced to 9, and then 8 Acid damage.

Baaru heals 3.

Huh, I just realized that Hiroshi only has his Zanpakuto, which isn’t a light weapon, so he can’t cut himself out…

For sake of not having an insta-win combo (as it shown that Shingami usually only use their Zanpakuto as a weapon (or fists, which doesn’t help in this situation either), I’ll say that Hiroshi can still attack with his Zanpakuto, but at a -6 penalty to hit and only deals ½ damage.

Round 5

Between muttered curses, Hiroshi cuts furiously against the gizzard of the Hollow. He does seem to make much progress, but he gives it his all anyways. Just when it seems there is no hope left, Hiroshi finally cuts through. As soon as his feet touch ground, Flash Steps with everything he has, and puts great distance between himself and the Hollow who had nearly just killed him.

Gasping for breath and covered in his own blood Hiroshi trys to formulate a plan of attack, while the Hollow lumbers forward, Hiroshi’s blood staining its ghostly white teeth.

Hiroshi attack’s Baaru’s gizzard (I won’t count the bonuses for Bane in this instance):
6 (15) hits, exactly. Damage: 2,1,6,2 (18/2 = 9) Fails to cut all the way through

Attacks again 12 (21) hits. Damage: 6,2,2,6 (23/2 = 11) Again fails to cut through all the way.

Last chance: 11 (15) hits exactly Damage: 6,4,2,5 (24/2 = 12) and he’s finally out.

Hiroshi will now attempt to run like hell. He’s aiming for 30 yards {150ft} (DC 30) 19 (44) and completes it as a free action, which was all he had left.

The Hollow takes a full move to close the gap to 90ft. and heals 3

Round 6

On the rooftop, Hiroshi slows his breathing and begins concentrating his reiatsu, and the pain of his wounds starts to dull.

“Hollow, what is your name?” says Hiroshi.

“Baaru; and why do you care Shinigami?”

“I will remember that name.”

“You cannot remember once you are dead, Shinigami.”

Hiroshi is going to use Reiatsu Burst to summon his inner strength and spend an action dice on the attempt. 12 (28) +1 = 29.

The Hollow does another full move and closes the gap to just 30ft, and heals another 3.

Round 7

“Your right.” Says Hiroshi who is now mere inches from the Hollow’s face as Shuurajou comes slicing through the air. In an instant, Hiroshi has passed by Baaru and lands gracefully on the ground as Baaru’s body crumbles behind him.

Hiroshi flash steps the distance and tumbles to avoid the AoO, making both DC’s automatically and the flash step is a free action. He then full attacks, all with -3/+6 Power Attacks

Attack 1: 9 (23) Hit. Action die on damage: 3,6,3,6,4,5,4 (48) Baaru takes 46

Attack 2: 7 (21) Hit. Damage: 3,5,5,3,6,1 (40) Baaru takes 38

Attack 3, action dice to hit: 8 (17)+3=20 Hit. Damage: 4,5,3,5,5,3 (42) Baaru takes 40.

Baaru is at -51 HP, so can’t move because he’s unconscience, but is still alive because of regeneration, which heals him to -48HP. 16 more rounds and he’s right back in this thing.

Round 8

Hiroshi walks calmly up to the Hollow’s mask. “It’s time to rest. Goodbye, Baaru.” And Hiroshi plunges Shuurajou into the mask, and Baaru’s body disintegrates.

Into his communicator Hiroshi says “The Hollow is down, repeat Hollow is down.”

“Goodwork, do you know of any survivors?”

“I don’t know. If the squad encountered something like this…”

“A medical team is on their way, stay put.”

Sigh “Alright.”

“Thank you, Shuurajou.”

Resolution: Shinigami wins, gets 3000XP

Comments: Surprise, Surprise the damage output for Bleach is staggering. I am now honestly a little afraid of what the heck Bankai is going to look like. Honestly, I don’t think the Shinigami would have stood a chance is he didn’t take the Dedicated Warrior feat. Having all those feats and options really saved him. Now, I bent the rules a bit for the Shinigami to get out of the Swallow Whole, but I think I did it justice. I mean it took the Shinigami 3 attacks to deal 25 damage to get out, when 2 rounds before it did 6 times that with 3 attacks, granted one was a crit, but what’ll you do. If the Hollow had Cero, the Shinigami would have probably been toast. And as we can see from this battle, Flash Step is really fricken powerful, granted the Shinigami here is pretty damn good at Flash Steps. It’s a good thing Hollows have so much HP or this fight would have been over real quick.

If anyone has recommendations and or suggestions for additional fights, I will gladly accept them.

draxredd
2008-01-19, 04:14 PM
I love that stuff ^^

anyway, just a quick update for the weekend:

tweaked some base stuff :
- 3 base skills allotment at first level
- Talented now grants 3 more main skills
- added Bizarre and Telpathy hollow growth ability
- added spell resistance feat
- Added hollow growth feat
- unified the burst weapon abilities into one power
- expanded Wounding power to Poisoning (any one attribute affected)
- modified blooded, seasoned and enlightened stacking rules.
- improved Kentate wording and system
- Improved senkaimon wording and system
- changed some kido corps path progression
- completed chad, inoue and ishida
- drafted kenpachi, rukia and menos grande

Colt
2008-01-19, 09:18 PM
Would anyone be interested in running an actual game here on the forums using this? My friend and I would love to play if someone would GM. Do some full testing, complete with leveling and party balance.

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-25, 05:45 PM
I really liked your recent hollow vs. shinigami demo, geez3r.
Is anything going on, anybody? Updates maybe?

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-25, 05:49 PM
I really hate it when the comp I'm using is crapping out.

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-29, 12:13 PM
I was brainstorming last night and I thought to myself, Lieutenant prestige class, anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I want to do a 5 level version and a 10 level version. Apprecate any help.

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-30, 07:00 PM
I was brainstorming last night and I thought to myself, Lieutenant prestige class, anyone have any ideas or suggestions, I want to do a 5 level version and a 10 level version. Apprecate any help.

The Lieutenant PrC should be a 5 levels because the Captain PrC is 10. Since I'm not good at making classes myself but I'll help a little. There should be a way to replace levels of Lieutenant with levels of Captain so no levels go to waste.

Primal Fury
2008-01-30, 09:23 PM
Okay this is looking very good! I like how your zanpakuto's are more customizable than BtV's (no offence to him/her of course) and that "Boxom" feat thats availible to the female characters? well... good for you :smallwink:
I do have one question though... in your game, Hollow's are represented as a class... but what happens to those class levels once the hollow's are (for lack of a better word) cleansed by a shinigami? do they simply disapear? or is there some way to reawaken them? OH! If a... wait, i think i should wait till the other question is answered first, it might make this next one a moot point.
thank you!:smallbiggrin:

Deathreaper2425
2008-01-31, 11:23 AM
Well the 5 level version is for the simple game and the 10 level is for my complex game. Sorry i should have made that a little more clear, my fault. Any help is greatly needed. Also I was thinking of Ikkaku, because he could be a LT, and if he ever became one,he wouldn't want to become a captain, like in the real military, some people don't want to be promoted past a certain point, thats what I was thinking. Apprecate the input Dante&Virgil. Can't wait to play DMC4

Dante & Vergil
2008-01-31, 07:17 PM
Well the 5 level version is for the simple game and the 10 level is for my complex game. Sorry i should have made that a little more clear, my fault. Any help is greatly needed. Also I was thinking of Ikkaku, because he could be a LT, and if he ever became one,he wouldn't want to become a captain, like in the real military, some people don't want to be promoted past a certain point, thats what I was thinking. Apprecate the input Dante&Virgil. Can't wait to play DMC4

No problem. I also can't wait to play DMC4 as well. 8 more days!!!!!

Primal Fury
2008-02-04, 03:05 PM
8) no. look at chad for exemple : his powers are hueco mundo aligned, yet he is alive.

okay, if this is true, how does that feat work differently for him? he doesnt need to leave his body to use his powers, so how can hollows still use all the special skills that come with the spirit body? could a living hollow still use abilites like shunpo, and swim on the air?

EDIT: okay there are a lot of questions i have about a living hollow.

1. are there certain restrictions on the abilities they can take? can they use consumption? or abilities that change their shape, size, and type?

2. are they in the same class as regular hollows? that is to say, are they ranked as other hollows, such as gillian, menos and so on?

3. can they take the Adjuchas prestige class?

4. does the Arrancar prestige path have different requirements for them? they dont actually have masks (do they?) so would they just have to eat the flesh of a vasto lord? or is there more to it than that?

4b. also, does that prestige path work differently for them? in the classless version, the Arrancar have the "Sealed Form" feat, how does that work for living hollows? would they still have zanpakuto?

5. and speaking of vasto lords, are you planning on making a prestige class for them?

peace!:smallbiggrin:

Deathreaper2425
2008-02-10, 06:27 PM
Is this a dead thread? I hope someone can still help me with the LT Prc Thanks

draxredd
2008-02-18, 12:40 PM
there are a lot of questions i have about a living hollow.

1-4b
I wouldn't apply any more restrictions to a living hollow beyond the dual death risk. The only living hollow example i can think of is Chad... his arm being his mask (sort of :p)

5. and speaking of vasto lords, are you planning on making a prestige class for them?
definitely, once the manga describes them a bit more. i'm already stretching things too far with the Espada.

Sir Shadow
2008-02-18, 05:04 PM
I think a Shinigami vs Shinigami fight would be interest, both with silimar builds.

Byakko
2008-04-16, 10:29 PM
Is this project dead or you moved to another system altogheter ?

draxredd
2008-04-17, 02:35 AM
not dead atall, but no major change were made in the last few weeks. in fact we're enjoying a bit of playing it without change to the game rules ;)

next move : creating a "constant great release" for accomodating kenpachi's latest displays of power and taking notes from the flashbacks and upcoming top tier espada battles.

Byakko
2008-04-17, 05:11 PM
Cool, glad to hear that.
I have 2 questions about this system tho (system I enjoy a lot btw)
I'm using the class version because I can't understand the classless heh

1) For overbearing reiatsu feats it's required to have skill focus intimidation, but I've noticed that as a skill, intimidate is only gived to prestige classes. Why doesn't shinigami has it as a class skill ?

2) why shinigami have a BAB progression of an expert class (aka monk, rogue and the like) instead of a full BAB of fighters ? My main line of thoughts is based on SWSE and how jedi and shinigami are really close in term of concept. After all, we have seen that everyone is more then capable of figthing on par with each other (since they all recieve the same training in zanjitsu), and what makes the difference is their lvl.

Dante & Vergil
2008-04-17, 05:48 PM
I know this might not work for game balance but something needs to be shown for character's with unaturally high reiatsu. (e.g. Ichigo and Kenpachi.) Characters like Ichigo needs something like "wild reiatsu" where he gets bonus's but they keep changing. And Kenpachi just needs a huge flat-out bonus.

draxredd
2008-04-18, 04:58 AM
1) any system needs some skillpoints sinks :p

2) because armor class doesn't skyrockets and so a monk bab doesn't seem too crippling. bear in mind that the damage output is also compensated by the additionnal attackes, dices and all the reiatsu powers... so the base character musn't start too high as many customizations are possible (that's the logic behind the classless stuff)

@D-V : The action dices are quite efficient for representing Ichigo's fluctuating power (he gets all the boosting feats for that : soul companion, alive... and author's favor...)
Concerning kenpachi, I think a permanent bankai feat will be my choice for representing his power.

Byakko
2008-04-18, 05:42 AM
1) any system needs some skillpoints sinks :p

2) because armor class doesn't skyrockets and so a monk bab doesn't seem too crippling. bear in mind that the damage output is also compensated by the additionnal attackes, dices and all the reiatsu powers... so the base character musn't start too high as many customizations are possible (that's the logic behind the classless stuff)

That is true but shinigami as trained to hunt down and kill Hollows, which on the other hand have full BAB. I wasn't complaining tho, you can always get a prestige class with a full BAB if you want to and the problem is almost fixed.

Beside, my main concern was more related to the lack of Intimidation as a class skill then the BAB. I noticed most PrC has it but the base class doesn't, that's why I was asking.

Byakko
2008-04-20, 06:43 AM
I've been trying to figure a way to have a visual sheet of a character to have a way to compare them with the official sheets given by KT on the Official Botleg
( here http://www.bleachanime.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18267 the sheets have been translated if anyone care) and I found a way to give characters a value that fits with the sheets given by KT. I tried a few captains and the results are about the same of the official one so, imo, now our characters too will have a way to compare to the big guns heh

Values have to be runded up or down depending on the resoult of the math

Offence (attack bonus (BAB+feats+str or dex+zampakto bonuses+ blah blah blach, you know the deal=P)*5)
Defense (AC*5)
Mobility (max shumpo (if you have shumpo feat then tumble skill, not just ranks+20* 2)
Kido (spellcraft (again full skill not just ranks*2.5)
Intellect (int+wis*2.5)
Stamina (CON*5)

I hhave chose to use this value granting a max value of 100 on the 6 official statistic. I also figured 20 to a fair up limit for both skills and stats so except people like Kenpachi that has a freaking ammount of strenght and reiatsu, the end results are close to the original sheets. Enjoy =)

draxredd
2008-04-21, 04:50 AM
interesting informations.
To close on with intimidation, feel free to add it to the skill list if you feel like it, i promise you won't be sued ^.^

That's the very example of class limitations that finally draw me to dump the class system altogether.

btw, i'll be updating the files before the end of the week with a greatly improved charcter sheet, and a few tweaks and updates to core rulebook.

gokol
2008-04-21, 07:33 AM
I have just one word for this, sugoi!

Byakko
2008-04-21, 09:25 PM
Out of need for a generic PrC that fulfilled my need for a better BAB and other features for members of other squads that didn't belong to one of those already in teh manual I made this starting from the captain class. I'd like to know what you think, if it's too powerful or what:

Class Weapon Master

Prerequisite :
BAB +4, Weapon Focus: Zampakuto, Weapon Specialization: Zampakuto

Hit Die
d8.

Class Skills
The Weapon Master's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (CHA), Climb (Str), Concentration (Con), Jump (Str), Intimidation (Cha), Listen (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis), Swim (Str), and Tumble (Dex).

Skill Points at Each Additional Level
6 + Int modifier.

http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/8720/61219938qf6.jpg

draxredd
2008-08-18, 02:19 PM
Hi everybody !

It's been a long time, and i've been eaten alive by real life... so if anyone feels like picking things up and moving on with this, here are all the files:

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Skydrive) (http://cid-28e95dde7ca2cec8.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Bleach/Bleach.zip)

Full YATA Bleach archive 22/08/08 (Megaupload) (http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5W8EIY3D)

included : first draft of the Hiroshima Arc.

Enjoy, and Bankai !

Faithdreamer
2008-09-28, 09:05 PM
I found it, Zam! :smallredface:

Buxom? Big breasted girls don't have everything! Good luck breathing! How do you even swing that Zanpakuto?

EDIT: Megaupload won't let me download it. :smallfrown:

It said the connection to the server was reset, I will try again, I hope that I'm successful later.

EDIT AGAIN: Gotcha, zam! This document is mine for reading.

Bobboky
2008-10-26, 11:32 PM
would it be possible to get a pdf version of this?

LukeZ
2009-10-29, 09:54 AM
Uhm... how many Spell Points do you get at every level?

Dante & Vergil
2009-11-02, 10:58 PM
Hey, Draxx, what's going on right now? Well, since this thread is up again, I going to say that I've have finalized the Reiatsu rules I've been working on. Check out my signature to see them.
Also, I was thinking on implementing something similar to your Zanpakuto system (modified a little bit) for 'Void's Bleach d20 thread as a varient with my Reiatsu rules. Would that be fine with you?

Dionon
2009-11-18, 03:01 PM
A series of questions.

1. Does the Feat Progression of this game supersede or coincide with the normal D20 feat progression?

2. Do players in this game gain 1 Ability Point per 4 Levels like normal D20, or is that superseded by the feats.

3. The Spellcaster feat says that you gain access to 1 Spell list. Are there restrictions on that? What Lists are allowed? Are you restricted to the two spell lists in the back of the book?

4. Both Shikai and Bankai both go back and forth between referring to Rieatsu Score, Spellscore and Character Level. Which one applies, and please define each of these.

5. Kido mentions a skill that doesn't exist.... Please define the Spellscience Skill.

6. Is there a redundancy in the Hollow Within and Hollow Rage feat, since Hollow Within states you can use Hollow Frenzy and Rage at the same time as does Hollow Rage. Does this mean Hollow Rage only fatigues where Hollow Within will Exhaust if used together?

7. Spellcaster mentions that you only recieve 1 Spellpoint per level. Do you recieve bonus spellpoints from having a high spellscore?

8. Greater Constant Release states that it's exclusive from Bankai... Does that mean you can never achieve Bankai if you have a Greater Constant Release.

9. Feats that claim "Exclusive From" does this wording mean that you can NEVER take the "exclusive from" feat, or that you can't have the "exclusive from" feat before you take the feat it's tied to. (IE: If you take the Constant Release Feat, can you take Shikai next level?)

10. How is Wealth Measured in this game, or does it not matter?

11. Are you going to create a Soul Society Noble prestige path? A Bounto Prestige Path? A furthering of the Espada Path? A Bakutou User path? Free Willed Zanpakutou Spirit Path?

12. Will you create classless systems for any other Anime in the future?

Dionon
2009-11-19, 02:38 AM
More questions. This time about the Hiroshima Campaign Setting

1. What does the Dedicated Warrior feat do in your system? I cannot find it anywhere?

2. One of the NPCs has a class marked Outcast. I haven't seen that, what is it? How does it work? Also, she's got 2 levels of Special Ops... does that mean she's got two of the Prestige Path feats from 2nd Division?

Gensh
2009-11-19, 11:52 PM
A series of questions.

1. Does the Feat Progression of this game supersede or coincide with the normal D20 feat progression?

2. Do players in this game gain 1 Ability Point per 4 Levels like normal D20, or is that superseded by the feats.

3. The Spellcaster feat says that you gain access to 1 Spell list. Are there restrictions on that? What Lists are allowed? Are you restricted to the two spell lists in the back of the book?

4. Both Shikai and Bankai both go back and forth between referring to Rieatsu Score, Spellscore and Character Level. Which one applies, and please define each of these.

5. Kido mentions a skill that doesn't exist.... Please define the Spellscience Skill.

6. Is there a redundancy in the Hollow Within and Hollow Rage feat, since Hollow Within states you can use Hollow Frenzy and Rage at the same time as does Hollow Rage. Does this mean Hollow Rage only fatigues where Hollow Within will Exhaust if used together?

7. Spellcaster mentions that you only recieve 1 Spellpoint per level. Do you recieve bonus spellpoints from having a high spellscore?

8. Greater Constant Release states that it's exclusive from Bankai... Does that mean you can never achieve Bankai if you have a Greater Constant Release.

9. Feats that claim "Exclusive From" does this wording mean that you can NEVER take the "exclusive from" feat, or that you can't have the "exclusive from" feat before you take the feat it's tied to. (IE: If you take the Constant Release Feat, can you take Shikai next level?)

10. How is Wealth Measured in this game, or does it not matter?

11. Are you going to create a Soul Society Noble prestige path? A Bounto Prestige Path? A furthering of the Espada Path? A Bakutou User path? Free Willed Zanpakutou Spirit Path?

12. Will you create classless systems for any other Anime in the future?

This thread looks dead-ish, but I've been lurking long enough that I can probably answer these.

1. Supersedes
2. Superseded by Heroic Attribute feat
3. You pick one spell list. The kido list was given in the back as an example, but I don't believe that it was ever finished, maybe because only so many kido spells have been seen so far. Practically, you'd need to pick a standard spell list like cleric or wizard.
4. I've only found a few references to spellmight, spellscience, and reiatsu, and it looks like they are actually defunct skills. In my revision, I replaced the first two with spellcraft and knowledge(whatever is appropriate to your spell list). For spellsource, I used level + Charisma bonus. The reiatsu mechanics were either removed or never existed, but the current feats seem to indicate that it was basically the same thing.
5. See above
6. Saying that the bonuses stack is probably an oversight referring to fatigue. That line should be deleted.
7. Magic is never really the focus in Bleach, so other than the Enlightened feat, there aren't any ways to increase spellpoints. If shinigami could cast like wizards, they'd be too powerful in comparison to hollows.
8. Greater Constant Release is a permanent bankai like Ichigo has a permanent shikai. The wording means that you can't take the Bankai feat too.
9. Exclusive is exclusive. Ichigo can't release shikai because it's perma-released.
10. The only shinigami to ever have to worry about money are Renji and Hanataro. Free development systems like this typically assume that anything you might use money for is no where near as good as your class abilities, so player can do whatever they want as long as they don't get control the world market or anything.
11. Nobles do nothing. Bount is viable, but I have no idea if draxredd is still working on this. I don't think that the Espada path needs furthering because arrancar can take shinigami paths, including Captain, I believe. Bakutos were tools that artificially generated level-ups in the Shinigami path. Zanpakutos' materialized forms could probably be replicated by Hollow feats, but for the most part, they basically fight like shinigami. On this note, however, I tinkered around a bit and halfway developed a 4th Division Medic path.
12. I actually joined this so that I could ask draxredd if I could, but sadly, it seems he's no longer active. I've been working on a Persona system for a while now, but it'll be a while before it's anywhere near playable.

More questions. This time about the Hiroshima Campaign Setting

1. What does the Dedicated Warrior feat do in your system? I cannot find it anywhere?

2. One of the NPCs has a class marked Outcast. I haven't seen that, what is it? How does it work? Also, she's got 2 levels of Special Ops... does that mean she's got two of the Prestige Path feats from 2nd Division?

1. It may be a feat from elsewhere in d20 or else might have been removed.
2. Outcast is probably a path that was experimented with but never finished or removed. Yeah, it's probably talking about the first two 2 spec ops feats. I seem to remember the setting guide being way outdated, from before YATA became classless.

Anyway, hope I helped.

Dionon
2009-11-20, 01:25 AM
This thread looks dead-ish, but I've been lurking long enough that I can probably answer these.

1. Supersedes
2. Superseded by Heroic Attribute feat
3. You pick one spell list. The kido list was given in the back as an example, but I don't believe that it was ever finished, maybe because only so many kido spells have been seen so far. Practically, you'd need to pick a standard spell list like cleric or wizard.
4. I've only found a few references to spellmight, spellscience, and reiatsu, and it looks like they are actually defunct skills. In my revision, I replaced the first two with spellcraft and knowledge(whatever is appropriate to your spell list). For spellsource, I used level + Charisma bonus. The reiatsu mechanics were either removed or never existed, but the current feats seem to indicate that it was basically the same thing.
5. See above
6. Saying that the bonuses stack is probably an oversight referring to fatigue. That line should be deleted.
7. Magic is never really the focus in Bleach, so other than the Enlightened feat, there aren't any ways to increase spellpoints. If shinigami could cast like wizards, they'd be too powerful in comparison to hollows.
8. Greater Constant Release is a permanent bankai like Ichigo has a permanent shikai. The wording means that you can't take the Bankai feat too.
9. Exclusive is exclusive. Ichigo can't release shikai because it's perma-released.
10. The only shinigami to ever have to worry about money are Renji and Hanataro. Free development systems like this typically assume that anything you might use money for is no where near as good as your class abilities, so player can do whatever they want as long as they don't get control the world market or anything.
11. Nobles do nothing. Bount is viable, but I have no idea if draxredd is still working on this. I don't think that the Espada path needs furthering because arrancar can take shinigami paths, including Captain, I believe. Bakutos were tools that artificially generated level-ups in the Shinigami path. Zanpakutos' materialized forms could probably be replicated by Hollow feats, but for the most part, they basically fight like shinigami. On this note, however, I tinkered around a bit and halfway developed a 4th Division Medic path.
12. I actually joined this so that I could ask draxredd if I could, but sadly, it seems he's no longer active. I've been working on a Persona system for a while now, but it'll be a while before it's anywhere near playable.

1. It may be a feat from elsewhere in d20 or else might have been removed.
2. Outcast is probably a path that was experimented with but never finished or removed. Yeah, it's probably talking about the first two 2 spec ops feats. I seem to remember the setting guide being way outdated, from before YATA became classless.

Anyway, hope I helped.

Good answers, and I honestly hope to get a definitive answer on some of them... Because in regards to the feats, nowhere does it say that the feat progression of YATA supersedes the current one. I wish the wording on most of it were more clear because honestly I'm a very generous GM and interpreted it as something akin to the Fighter Feat List because there are no classes...

I guess in the end I'm going to have to revamp the system myself to make it viable as a separate system from the other Bleach D20.... Oh,and speaking of Persona... It's ironic that you mention that... Myself and a friend are working on a system for that as well based on Persona 3 itself... using the system embedded within the game and adding some dice for random factor.

As for a path for Nobles... I can think of some things that really would make them viable... I mean the ability to get instant reinforcements, favors, and such... but your right.... Other than Rukia and Byakuya.. they really do nothing.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-20, 01:38 AM
On the concern of other anime systems, void is doing a generic anime tabletop anime system called Valor. It's pretty good and its completely classless and uses a unique mechanic of "Valor Points" which encourage shounen style roleplaying during combat. You should ask him about it I think, because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to redistribute it or anything.

Tobi_goodboy
2009-11-20, 02:22 PM
where can i find this valor topic?

Gensh
2009-11-20, 07:49 PM
Because in regards to the feats, nowhere does it say that the feat progression of YATA supersedes the current one. I wish the wording on most of it were more clear because honestly I'm a very generous GM and interpreted it as something akin to the Fighter Feat List because there are no classes...

I can't find where I got it from, but I keep thinking that drax did specify at some point. If he didn't, I'd just assume that it supersedes the regular one because the attribute gains are removed.

Oh,and speaking of Persona... It's ironic that you mention that... Myself and a friend are working on a system for that as well based on Persona 3 itself... using the system embedded within the game and adding some dice for random factor.

The problem there lies in how awful the Persona games system is when used out of context. While it's fine for an RPG, with the machine doing all calculations, there are too many numbers for players to keep up with. Then again, my system involves entirely experimental mechanics. I ought to be playtesting soon, though, so I'll get back to you on how it works out.

On the concern of other anime systems, void is doing a generic anime tabletop anime system called Valor.

Was this system previously titled Shounen d10?

Dionon
2009-11-21, 01:43 AM
On the concern of other anime systems, void is doing a generic anime tabletop anime system called Valor. It's pretty good and its completely classless and uses a unique mechanic of "Valor Points" which encourage shounen style roleplaying during combat. You should ask him about it I think, because I'm not sure if I'm supposed to redistribute it or anything.

Holy crap.... This is the Valor dude?! Hahaha, my friend sent me to the Valor site to see if I wanted to play test it. I never did get around to reading everything.

Krazddndfreek
2009-11-21, 03:27 AM
Was this system previously titled Shounen d10?

Yes, yes it was. At least I think so.

Dionon
2009-12-25, 02:17 PM
Ok... I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in a suppliment to this system. I went out and created a good number of things for this game, most of which are things in Bleach that needed to be covered. I also created some things that aren't directly in the series, but might be good fun to use...

Here's a Preview.
The Quicigami: Quincy that have lost their powers shortly before death and begin regaining their powers while acting as Shinigami (Yes I know that Quincy are supposed to be outside the Reincarnation Cycle, but that's while they have their powers, at least that's how I see it.)

Bounto: New soul feat to deal with the creation at first level of a Bounto character. Which includes feats for all sorts of nifty stuff.

Two Epic Level Prestige Paths, 1 for Squad Zero, and the other for Vasto Lorde. The Squad Zero member begins channelling divine energy while the Vasto Lorde begins a cycle of hyperevolution.

A Prestige Path for the Bakkutou.

A Fourth Division Medical Specialist Prestige Path that uses Divine Energy in interesting ways.

A Hakuda Expert prestige path that offers Unarmed Combatants that really kinda get **** on in this game more combat options for their character such as the Hakuda Double Tap and Hakuda Flash Kick.

Lastly, I've created new feats for several sections, and have included a section that details out changes to the core game I made to make it actually playable without massive powergaming.

Also... I have a second suppliment that I created that details out four additional races that are completely new to the Bleach universe, and don't deal with the Soul Society on a regular basis as they are dealing with threats to the real world that stem from Lord Nobunaga and his Undying Chamber.

Let me know what you think, and if enough people want this I'll put them up for download...

horngeek
2009-12-25, 04:50 PM
Just read through this system, and it is AWESOME.

Really, it is.

And yes, I would want the supplement up.

Gensh
2009-12-25, 05:11 PM
Yeah, you should probably post it. The best way to work the bugs out of new content is always to have lots of other people try to break it. At the very least, I can help you work on it, and that'll help me fix my Persona adaptation too (and boy does it need fixing).

Dionon
2009-12-27, 11:54 AM
Well that's good so far... The only thing I have to do now is detail out the bad guys for the races I created that deal with living phenomena. So, when it's all said and done, they'll be three suppliments coming out.

- My D20 Bleach Suppliment
- My Original Created Races
- My Original Enemy Group

It should be out as soon as I'm finished detailing out the third one. I'm about halfway done now.

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-29, 01:21 PM
I would also like to see this supplement when it's done. I have been thinking that there needs to be a homebrewed Bleach d20 thread for anything unique.

Niro
2009-12-29, 01:21 PM
I know this may sound weird but could you maybe work out some sort of Quincy prestige class? Since shinigamis have captain, vizard, scientist etc. Hollows have adjunchas, espada and arrancar.
The quincy have nothing like that

Dante & Vergil
2009-12-29, 07:34 PM
I know this may sound weird but could you maybe work out some sort of Quincy prestige class? Since shinigamis have captain, vizard, scientist etc. Hollows have adjunchas, espada and arrancar.
The quincy have nothing like that

That's because Kubo favors Soul Reapers over Quincies. (I don't know, actually.)
The only problem with that is of course is that we haven't seen anything new for Quincies, other than the items they use.
...Wait a minute, Quincies are the Fighters of the Bleach universe, having to depend on items and all that to stay competitive.

Dionon
2009-12-29, 08:15 PM
Heh... Quincy prestige paths....

Ok... I have a few ideas.....

Some may be a bit wonky though.

Dionon
2009-12-31, 02:51 PM
Ok Folks... everything I've done with the Classless system is

Here (http://dionon.tripod.com/bleach.html)

Please enjoy, and feel free to yell at me and call me names for things you don't like (lol, what I mean by this is feel free to critique my work.)

Niro
2010-01-01, 07:57 PM
My gawd those new classes are awesome /drool

but I have a little question: I have created a shinigami but the shikai rules confuse me (Since English isn't my main language)
For the class less shikai I need to take my Spell Score (The shinigami is going to be 11th division so I didn't take any spell casting feats, therefore I use my con) But My question is it the value or the modifier that I use when forging my shikai?

Also feel free to come with ideas for an awesome weapon based shikai (and bankai)

Also I have a question about the Bakkotou. In the anime we only saw the assassins with one bakkotou but.. couldn't a shinigami give a bakkotou to another shinigami, wait until hat person died and then take the weapon?
That way the shinigami should possess both a zanpakutou, which could be used for both shikai, bankai and murikai, and a bakkotou with its final release?
Or could our GM use a bakkotou as a legendary weapon in a lost tempel?

Again: LOVE the new released pdf files though the stats on some of the characters are a bit off

Dionon
2010-01-02, 12:49 AM
My gawd those new classes are awesome /drool

but I have a little question: I have created a shinigami but the shikai rules confuse me (Since English isn't my main language)
For the class less shikai I need to take my Spell Score (The shinigami is going to be 11th division so I didn't take any spell casting feats, therefore I use my con) But My question is it the value or the modifier that I use when forging my shikai?

You use your score not the Modifier.

Also feel free to come with ideas for an awesome weapon based shikai (and bankai)

Hmm... You could always do a pair of brass knuckles.... I was thinking about doing that for a character... Thought it'd be interesting.

Also I have a question about the Bakkotou. In the anime we only saw the assassins with one bakkotou but.. couldn't a shinigami give a bakkotou to another shinigami, wait until hat person died and then take the weapon?
That way the shinigami should possess both a zanpakutou, which could be used for both shikai, bankai and murikai, and a bakkotou with its final release?
Or could our GM use a bakkotou as a legendary weapon in a lost tempel?

Technically, the only way someone could give someone else a Bakkutou, is if they found one in a horde of some sort. If you go through the class itself, it's your Zanpakutou that gets corrupted. I wouldn't recommend giving a Bakkutou to someone as a treasure though, unless it's a plot device that's going to leave their service quite quickly due to the fact that it will become a power balance issue later.

Again: LOVE the new released pdf files though the stats on some of the characters are a bit off

Thank you for the compliments, and the stats are off for the characters because I never touched them... I am currently working on a character compendium for the Bleach characters, and then a compendium for important figures in my own universe. Stay Tuned kiddies, I'm not done yet.

Gensh
2010-01-02, 01:08 PM
I haven't given it a serious readthrough for balance and such, but I noticed 2 things:
- The Vasto Lorde's Water Mastery ability isn't labeled
- You forgot to credit draxredd

Other than that, it looks good. It'll probably be a while before I can test anything because half my current group hates Bleach, but I'll see what I can do.

Dionon
2010-01-03, 01:49 PM
I haven't given it a serious readthrough for balance and such, but I noticed 2 things:
- The Vasto Lorde's Water Mastery ability isn't labeled
- You forgot to credit draxredd

Other than that, it looks good. It'll probably be a while before I can test anything because half my current group hates Bleach, but I'll see what I can do.

I didn't... Oh geez.... All I did was copy his credits to the other books... I figured he put his own name in there... hahaha! Man do I feel silly... At least I thanked him on the website... I'll make an updated version thanking him... don't worry. I'm not the kind of person that steals stuff like that.

Niro
2010-01-03, 04:22 PM
I have played this game for a couple of levels and.. oh wow...
As a lvl 3 I gained shikai. Fine I thought maybe I will be able to do some awesome 4-5d6 damage or something else.. Instead I got 18 points to use as I saw fit.

Now I might have made some mistakes, and if I did please correct me, but my shikai became a keen, speed, +8 scythe with critical burst and an extra 3d6.
I might have made a mistake but when I add it together it becomes a 2d4+3d6+8+str(str*1,5 if my shinigami uses both hands) and if I should crit... that is a x4 multiplier +3d10 extra damage

Am I wrong? Or did I do it right?
All that and combined with the fact that I plan on making him a captain and a member of the zero squad.. How are hollows even supposed to be a problem? With this shikai I can easily do 70 points of damage per round.. easily

Dionon
2010-01-07, 02:28 PM
I have played this game for a couple of levels and.. oh wow...
As a lvl 3 I gained shikai. Fine I thought maybe I will be able to do some awesome 4-5d6 damage or something else.. Instead I got 18 points to use as I saw fit.

Now I might have made some mistakes, and if I did please correct me, but my shikai became a keen, speed, +8 scythe with critical burst and an extra 3d6.
I might have made a mistake but when I add it together it becomes a 2d4+3d6+8+str(str*1,5 if my shinigami uses both hands) and if I should crit... that is a x4 multiplier +3d10 extra damage

Am I wrong? Or did I do it right?
All that and combined with the fact that I plan on making him a captain and a member of the zero squad.. How are hollows even supposed to be a problem? With this shikai I can easily do 70 points of damage per round.. easily

If that's how you bought yours, that's fine....

If you look in the book, Ikkaku's weapon is a +9 Keen Speed weapon with a few other bonuses. Kenpachi's is 31 points for crying out loud. So 18 points isn't a bad thing.

Niro
2010-01-11, 09:39 AM
okay... New questions.
Shikai and bankai only require 2d6 and 3d6 zanpakutou damage and since an arrancar changes his or her natural attack into zanpakutou damage.. Would this mean that they can get those two feats?

Bakkotou. I know they are zanpakutous that have become corrupted by hollow powers or something like that... But what about base damage? Can I use reiatsu score to make something similar to a constant release shikai? Or how do you use them?

(I am terribly sorry if these are stupid questions)

Dante & Vergil
2010-01-27, 02:32 PM
Bakkotou I think are actually seperate from Zanpakutou. The only thing that ties them together is the fact that they can have unique special abilities.
And while I'm here, any updates from Dionon or Draxx?

Dionon
2010-02-02, 03:04 PM
Bakkotou I think are actually seperate from Zanpakutou. The only thing that ties them together is the fact that they can have unique special abilities.
And while I'm here, any updates from Dionon or Draxx?

In the series, yes Bakkotou are separate from Zanpakutou, but for the sake of game balance, I decided to tie them in more with the constant battle of good vs evil inherent within the series. Thus, instead of just being a "sword with strange biological zanpakutoulike powers" they are "corrupted zanpakutou" that have Hollow powers.

okay... New questions.
Shikai and bankai only require 2d6 and 3d6 zanpakutou damage and since an arrancar changes his or her natural attack into zanpakutou damage.. Would this mean that they can get those two feats?

I would say yes. As long as your Zanpakutou BASE damage is 2d6 or 3d6, I don't see why not. Though I will say, I don't think any of the Espada in the series had them. I could be wrong however.

Bakkotou. I know they are zanpakutous that have become corrupted by hollow powers or something like that... But what about base damage? Can I use reiatsu score to make something similar to a constant release shikai? Or how do you use them?

In all reality, if you have a GM that is willing to create some sort of Constant Release for the one Bakkutou transformation, I don't see why not. D20 is, if nothing else, ultimately the GM's game, and can be houseruled accordingly. In reality, everything I've created is merely houserules played upon a system of houserules for a system of houserules for the established d20 system. As for any other Constant Release feats, the class itself prohibits their use in the prerequisites.

(I am terribly sorry if these are stupid questions)

There is NO such thing as stupid questions.

As for all the other stuff I have to fix, I am working on it slowly but surely, and will get the new releases up soon :D

sir_kamal
2010-06-10, 05:05 PM
Thank you for the compliments, and the stats are off for the characters because I never touched them... I am currently working on a character compendium for the Bleach characters, and then a compendium for important figures in my own universe. Stay Tuned kiddies, I'm not done yet.

Hey guys, I just stumbled onto this thread and love what you have done. I am wanting to run a Bleach game for my group, but I have little time on my hands to make NPC's for encounter. So I was wondering if any one has done a book of NPCs or if you could post some NPC bad guys here I can compile them into a pdf.

Thanks for puting together a great system.

Kamal

Dionon
2010-10-08, 09:25 PM
Just to let everyone know, I went completely back to the drawing board redesigning the entire system from the ground up including character creation and feats. I haven't finished the character compendium, but I will finish it in the near future hopefully.

Alot of it is the same, but there is a massive influx of feats that make it nearly impossible to need to look outside the system now, and there are alot more prestige paths (which in essence are just more feats, but yeah), hollow growth powers and I've revamped how alot of the races work.

Also I threw out the old Shikai system in favor of another system's shikai system that is more intuitive, but less detailed to avoid broken Zanpakutou that were cropping up in my games. The basic premise is that when you get Shikai, your Zanpakutou has 2 types and you choose powers within those types like the other Bleach system on these boards, but I've expanded the powers and the types to make other Zanpakutous that couldn't be made before, like Kiraku's or the one I originally built with the other system.

I've also plundered every SRD I could find to add rules that seemed bleach-esque, like hitting multiple targets with one hit, parry rules, expanded base skills, combined attacks, etc.

Also, I've worked on an Expanded Shinkoukenjin book that's almost finished that has more information on the races I've created and more prestige paths for the evil races, answers to asked questions, a guide to create your own Shinkoukenjin races and a detailed account of their reincarnation cycle.

Dante & Vergil
2010-10-09, 02:11 AM
Great to hear.

Marvel-dude
2010-11-11, 09:55 AM
is there any update on this?

sir_kamal
2011-01-19, 06:48 PM
I have been working on an updates to the original system and this is what I have come up with, Bleach d20 (http://www.mediafire.com/?jgtmzgwn32y). I also took alot of the srd monsters and put them into one book to be used as hollows (http://www.mediafire.com/?j4tmi1wbfnm). Lastly I redesigned the chracter sheet (http://www.mediafire.com/?qnjoijyjyni).

Please take a look at it and tell me what you think.
Kamal

Dionon
2011-01-19, 07:53 PM
It's not bad, I have a few questions for you.

1. Why the level restrictions for the prestige paths?

2. Why the lowering of the Shikai and Bankai timers (You halved it.)

3. Why did you choose the subschools of magic that you chose? Like Enchantment for Divine casters instead of Enhancement.

4. Did you change anything with the SRD monsters for the Hollow suppliment? I didn't notice anything besides your Hollow template.

All in all not a bad effort, and it looks pretty good if you're going to use that system. Personally I don't like the point system for Shikai and Bankai, but that's why I'm writing another version of this lol. It's taking forEVER but hey.

Dante & Vergil
2011-01-20, 04:53 AM
All in all not a bad effort, and it looks pretty good if you're going to use that system. Personally I don't like the point system for Shikai and Bankai, but that's why I'm writing another version of this lol. It's taking forEVER but hey.

What are you replacing the point system with, if you don't mind?

Dionon
2011-01-20, 10:42 PM
What are you replacing the point system with, if you don't mind?

There is another Bleach system on this website somewhere that is Class based. They have an awesome system for zanpakutou building that revolves around gaining new abilities and having subsets of abilities.

I enjoy using that system as does my group, as it makes less broken Zanpakutous than the point system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, on the subject of my rewrite, I'm going to just fold in all my suppliments into one book, including the stuff from my personal universe just so I have them all in one place.

Opinions on that? I've been wrestling with taking the original content that is not Bleach related out, but so far haven't found a good enough reason. I know people liked my original work, so I figure that having it all in one book would be a good thing.

Dante & Vergil
2011-01-23, 01:20 AM
There is another Bleach system on this website somewhere that is Class based. They have an awesome system for zanpakutou building that revolves around gaining new abilities and having subsets of abilities.

I enjoy using that system as does my group, as it makes less broken Zanpakutous than the point system.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Also, on the subject of my rewrite, I'm going to just fold in all my suppliments into one book, including the stuff from my personal universe just so I have them all in one place.

Opinions on that? I've been wrestling with taking the original content that is not Bleach related out, but so far haven't found a good enough reason. I know people liked my original work, so I figure that having it all in one book would be a good thing.

Would you be refering to Behold the Void's system? Because that would be ok.
On your original content, I don't think it will be a problem, as long as it is mentioned that it is your own creation.

Dionon
2011-01-23, 11:57 PM
Would you be refering to Behold the Void's system? Because that would be ok.
On your original content, I don't think it will be a problem, as long as it is mentioned that it is your own creation.

Behold the Void's system, yes, I believe that's the creator of the other system we smooshed into this. And yeah, I'll be marking the new stuff as my own, don't worry.

Dionon
2011-04-06, 09:47 PM
If anyone's still interested in this system, I've posted the system on a message board dedicated to said system

http://bleachd20.proboards.com

Take a look, playtest, and let me know what needs fixing or if you even like it.