PDA

View Full Version : Thanh the dashing swordsman?

paladinofshojo
2007-12-23, 04:40 PM
I just realized that whenever Thanh slaughtered one of the undead, he always siad something really (not) funny like Elan.

"Consider this a partial downpayment on the full measure of the rightous vengeance that is owed you!"

"Very well dark abominations, I suppose I shall pay the balance of my debt today"

Just a thought, maybe Thanh has some levels in dashing swordsman, hey that paladin charisma bonus wouldn't hurt. It may be just some "holy vengeance" monologue but it does seem every strange.

Fozzie
2007-12-23, 04:51 PM
But there are no puns about the wights. So I doubt.

bluish_wolf
2007-12-23, 04:57 PM
Paladins are like monks, though; you can't multiclass effectively. Especially not with a prestige class. I guess you could be like Miko and get your off class first and then become a paladin, but it doesn't really work the other way.

VetMichael
2007-12-23, 05:08 PM
Unless it's a Paladin-only variant of the Dashing Swordsman; the Incensed Protector - add your Charisma bonus plus your character levels to the amount of times you can Smite Evil in a day, but in order for it to count, you have to spout clichéd stoicisms the whole time. A side benefit is being able to land those melodramatic and groan-worthy Hollywood action hero roles you've always dreamed of.

reorith
2007-12-23, 05:32 PM
paladins usually say weird stuff like that as they slaughter random stuff. i found a list of one hundred paladin phrases some where. most of it was along the lines of thanh's remarks.

edit: ▼ oh wow. that was brilliant

Holammer
2007-12-23, 07:09 PM
I like the idea of The Incensed Protector. But if this snowballs every class will have a similar charisma depending prestige class.
Except for dwarf clerics, they'll get an "Insult to injury" prestige class that depends on low charisma to deliver additional healing if a terrible insult is uttered while casting.