Throne of Gustav
Large Construct
Hit dice: 10d10+120 (170)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 40 ft (eight squares)
Armor Class: 29 (-1 size, +20 natural) Touch 9, flat-footed 29
Base attack/Grapple: +7/+21
Attack: Gustav’s blade +17 (3d6+4d6+15)
Full attack: Gustav’s blade +17/+12 (3d6+4d6+15)
Space/reach: 10 ft./10 ft.
Special attacks: Trample
Special qualities: Construct traits, Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, Hardness 20
Saves: Fort+3, Ref +3, Will +7
Abilities: Str 30, Dex 10, Con Ø, Int Ø, Wis 1, Cha 1
Skills: -
Feats: -
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge rating: 10
Treasure: None

The throne of Gustav is a massive, opulent throne made of adamantium, sitting upon four turtle-like legs. It’s cushioned with red velvet and silk. A compartment in the arm contains a portable hole and a pair of huge arms crossed above the seat are capable of drawing the +5 keen shock flaming frost caustic great sword on the back and using it to great effect at the master’s behest. The seat comes with straps the rider can use to fasten himself into the throne, which is extremely comfortable and suitable to be slept in, even in motion. When it is found, the arms are holding a golden circlet, which they place upon the head of whoever sits in the throne first. The circlet grants the wearer control of the throne as it‘s master.

The Throne of Gustav was the creation of Gustav, a mad conqueror-mage, who rode the thing up to the gates of the capitol city and went on a rampage, slaughtering his way to the castle with his magic and the throne’s sword, intent on claiming the palace for himself, when his protection from arrows ran out. Fearing a second attempt, the throne was locked away by the king’s finest dungeon-makers posthaste, never to be used again. When the throne is found, there is a skeleton strapped into the ostentatious seat, and the throne is covered in cobwebs.

But the king added a safety feature should it ever be found. He imbued the entire throne with a powerful aversion to evil. If the throne’s master commits an evil act, there is a 30% chance of the throne turning on him, and attempting to kill him to the best of it’s abilities. But if he doesn’t commit this act, the throne can travel without tire, while it’s master sleeps. It can be stored in the portable hole indefinitely for travel through small spaces or stealth, or you can just store your things in the portable hole.

---------------
Love it? Hate it? Tell me! I know it's not ridiculously powerful, but it certainly has some advantages.

DracoDei
2007-12-24, 03:01 AM
Off the top of my head:
Last I checked a portable hole isn't a big enough diameter for this to fit into...
Also, cold and crushing pressure are factors for ocean travel, not just air.
Can anyone wield the sword?

Admiral Squish
2007-12-24, 01:04 PM
Hmm... By RAW, it wouldn't fit in the hole, but it's more large-size tall than large size wide, so it probably could kinda fit.
...Well, crap. I don't have any ocean books, so I didn't know that.
It's a large sword, but yeah.

Balkash
2007-12-24, 01:40 PM
Yay, thank you! I've found a christmas present for my power-hungry mage.

Anyways, i love the build. Maybe it could come equiped with like a permanent resiliant sphere to deal with the pressure at the ocean floor. Otherwise, seems like a wonderful item.

DracoDei
2007-12-24, 03:31 PM
Just realized... this should probably have a LOT more hitdice... Epic level weapon and 4 HD? Probably not... OTOH the creator WAS nuts....

Admiral Squish
2007-12-24, 03:42 PM
I used the stats for a standard animated object of that size to get it's HD. Besides, it's got twenty hardness, that should make up for most of it.
But then, since it's adamantium with four times the normal hit points/inch...