PDA

View Full Version : Quick inkscape question

ABB
2007-12-24, 03:03 AM
I can see thru, slightly, the things I make in inkscape and overlay things on top of. Where's the transparency control? I tries using the fill and stroke style section but it didn't help.

While I'm at it, can I cut a window into an object in inkscape?

Omicroncubed
2007-12-24, 03:20 AM
Press Ctrl+Shift+F and you should see the Alpha there. Set it to 255 and it can't be looked through. Unless you can see through the whole thing, try the thing at the bottom of the same screen.

Plus I'm not sure about the cutting thing.

Dihan
2007-12-24, 05:25 AM
For the last one, create a big box and a small box. Put the small box on top. Then press ctrl and -.

jamroar
2007-12-24, 05:45 AM
I can see thru, slightly, the things I make in inkscape and overlay things on top of. Where's the transparency control? I tries using the fill and stroke style section but it didn't help.

The last slider on Fill and Stroke properties for a object should be Master Opacity%. 100% is completely opaque, 0% is completely transparent. You can also adjust opacity% on all objects on a layer at the layer window.

While I'm at it, can I cut a window into an object in inkscape?
Yes. Select the two objects, Path -> Difference (or use the ctrl - shortcut) . The two objects must not be groups for path operations to work.

ABB
2008-01-13, 03:12 AM
Thanks for the help, folks. Fixed my problems right up...