PDA

View Full Version : Loot Flaunting Thread

Exeson
2007-12-24, 01:41 PM
So, I know it is only Christmas Eve but some places, Like South Africa, open their presents on Xmas Eve so, this is the place to flaunt your loot and make the rest of us jealous.

Hope you all have a good haul this year!

I'm da Rogue!
2007-12-24, 01:46 PM
*hides in thread*

Exeson
2007-12-24, 01:51 PM
Oh dear, *takes out megaphone*

People Keep Hold of Your Valuables At All Times, Thieves Now Operate In the Area

Nightwing
2007-12-24, 01:52 PM
I know some of the things I'm getting: A john Lennon Acton figure (I collect Beatles stuff). Maybe guitar hero, I'm not sure, but i told my dad I really wanted it. The 007 encyclopedia, and I'm not sure what else. If I find out I will tell you. and i might get IM.

faerwain
2007-12-24, 01:55 PM
Score so far:
Tolkiens "The Children of Hurin" (that's really a point where my parents earn credit: They are always surprisingly up-to-date concerning my interests),

"The Lost World" (not the Spielberg one, the Conan Doyle one - black and white Monster Movies from the '30s rock!:smallbiggrin:)

and a Deluxe Poker Set from my sister.

I'm content :smallsmile:

Good successs to everyone!

Rogue: I see you

Danzaver
2007-12-24, 01:58 PM
I'm having christmas in January this year, because it is cheaper, but my birthday is the day before christmas eve. I got:

- 'Beside you in time' NIN DVD
- The 300 DVD
- The new Terry Jones book 'Who killed Chaucer?'
- About 10 days solid of Frank Zappa music (understatement! - a burnt copy of my Dad's entire collection, who has been collecting since the 60s. Zomg so much Zappa!)
- Book of medieval poetry

Not a bad haul at all :D

ForzaFiori
2007-12-24, 02:09 PM
Had christmas with my mom's family yesterday, got an ok haul. nothing big though.

-guitar strap
-fuzzy dice and air freshener for my car
-cool t-shirt
-beef jerky
-$50

still got my immediate family and my dad and stepmom's family, plus my b-day is the 30th. i'll be getting LOTS of loot :biggrin:

Semidi
2007-12-24, 02:22 PM
I did Giftmas with my girlfriend early since I wouldn't see her until after new years. I got an Edgar Allan Poe plush doll (I collect Poe stuff), and an audio collection of a few of his stories and poems read by Vincent Price and Basil Rathbone. I know I'm getting Crysis because I was asked what game I wanted (I can play it on high settings. Oh yeah.) (it was purchased right in front of me.).

Hopefully someone pays attention to my Amazon Wish List and I get other awesome gifts.

Castaras
2007-12-24, 02:52 PM
So far, loot record:

CD: Snakes and Arrows - Rush
CD: Night at the Opera - Blind Guardian
CD: Nightfall in Middle-earth - Blind Guardian

Yay for family coming round! :smallbiggrin:

Timberwolf
2007-12-24, 02:55 PM
Loot so far.

Lots a chocolate, 2 mugs and a model trebuchet.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-24, 03:24 PM

Eh? Is Blind Guardian covering Queen now or are both bands just Marks Brothers fans?

Exeson
2007-12-24, 03:27 PM
a model trebuchet.

That. is. So. Awesome. Me want, Me want now!

Brickwall
2007-12-24, 03:28 PM
Some highlights:
A fedora a la Indiana Jones (pics when I can get them in the You thread)
Some nice new inking pens (smallest one is a .25)
Two new shirts, including a t-shirt that has the D&D logo emblazoned on the front

Those are probably going to be my best presents, though my more distant relatives may end up surprising me.

I'm da Rogue!
2007-12-24, 03:36 PM
My work here is done.:smallbiggrin:
*walks out holding an E.A. Poe doll, Rush CD, that Vincent Price audio collection and John Lennon's figure*

edit: \/Hey! I did that first!:smallannoyed:

Raistlin1040
2007-12-24, 03:36 PM
I know some of the things I'm getting: A john Lennon Acton figure (I collect Beatles stuff). Maybe guitar hero, I'm not sure, but i told my dad I really wanted it. The 007 encyclopedia, and I'm not sure what else. If I find out I will tell you. and i might get IM.
*Mauls* *Steal Lennon action figure* *Hides*

Ceska
2007-12-24, 03:43 PM
So far I got a pair of nice looking cuff links. That's it.
I will definitely get (because I could choose myself):
-a lot of books on the history of Africa
-Fiction by Dark Tranquillity
-Heartwork by Carcass
-Crest of a knave by Jethro Tull
tomorrow.

Woo, good album. I quite liked it, ran in our car for months straight. Probably longest rate ever.

- About 10 days solid of Frank Zappa music (understatement! - a burnt copy of my Dad's entire collection, who has been collecting since the 60s. Zomg so much Zappa!)
- Book of medieval poetry
Very cool, both.

Castaras
2007-12-24, 03:54 PM
Eh? Is Blind Guardian covering Queen now or are both bands just Marks Brothers fans?

*shrugs* No idea. Definitely not Queen's Night at the Opera though. :smalltongue:

Narmoth
2007-12-24, 04:58 PM
Amon Amarth - With Oden On Our Side
Gamma Ray - Land Of The Free II
Porcupine Tree - Fear Of A Blank Planet

Warhammer wood elves miniatures for my Mordheim warband
Clothes: leather gloves, gray sweater
Dilbert commic

Ugly white t-shirt with the text "Kappa" on the front

Lady Tialait
2007-12-24, 05:08 PM
*hugs her Soulforged and Brothers in Arms* I lost thease a few months ago...just got them back for X-Mas....Be nice Rogue

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-24, 05:23 PM
Loot:
I'm a sailor and a bachelor - I live a pretty Spartan lifestyle. I don't even own a TV, thats the Navy's sitting in my room. I'm deployed overseas, away from my family. Understand this when you read the list.

An Electric Griddle.
A Book on Druidisim (not the D&D kind - no, I'm not a druid)
A (Rather Large) Basket fuilled with chocoltey goodness
Guns 'n' Roses CD.
Johnny Cash CDs.
Couple of T-shirts.
A Ski-mask
Throw blanket
Green Tea (I hate green tea, I think my ma got me this just to spite me)
Movies: "The Core" and "MI:III"
Penguin-ey Tree Ornaments
Disc one of s-CRY-ed [Episdoes 1-5] (From a Secret Santa at a X-mas Party)

And I think thats it.

I'm happy with the loot, and am employ my Rogueish powers to anti-rogue them.

Exeson
2007-12-24, 05:54 PM
-Crest of a knave by Jethro Tull

Not that it wasn't already high but your awesomeness scale just went up in my eyes.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-24, 05:56 PM
Hey Thanatos, which Guns N' Roses CD?

Ceska
2007-12-24, 06:02 PM
Not that it wasn't already high but your awesomeness scale just went up in my eyes.
I'm currently into looking for Heavy Horses, Stormwatch and another album of theirs, at Amazon, for my mother. Yeah, it's late, but she said we wouldn't get anything for each other for Christmas.
Well, I'll still make a present, but one where I know I'll love everything of it. Damn, I love making musical presents to my mother, because we have almost the same taste.
So, any recommendations?

Edit: We do have Aqualung, Songs from the Wood, Living in the Past, Stand Up and Thick as a Brick, but the last only as LP and we do not have a turntable anymore, mum killed the last in 1992 while dancing to Sympathy for the Devil with me on her arms.

Thanatos 51-50
2007-12-24, 06:03 PM
Hey Thanatos, which Guns N' Roses CD?

Appetite For Destruction.

Raistlin1040
2007-12-24, 06:17 PM
Lucky. I had to buy that one for myself. That's a fantastic album.

Exeson
2007-12-24, 06:21 PM
I'm currently into looking for Heavy Horses, Stormwatch and another album of theirs, at Amazon, for my mother. Yeah, it's late, but she said we wouldn't get anything for each other for Christmas.
Well, I'll still make a present, but one where I know I'll love everything of it. Damn, I love making musical presents to my mother, because we have almost the same taste.
So, any recommendations?

Edit: We do have Aqualung, Songs from the Wood, Living in the Past, Stand Up and Thick as a Brick, but the last only as LP and we do not have a turntable anymore, mum killed the last in 1992 while dancing to Sympathy for the Devil with me on her arms.

I only have Very best of loaded onto my pc, all my dad's albums are at his house so I wouldn't be able to recommend a specific album off the top of my head.

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-24, 06:53 PM
I recieved Fable: The Lost Chapters from my friend and found out I needed a hard drive for my 360 to play it. Naturally I was pissed so I went to the gas station to get a drink. When I came home, there was a box on top of my 360 from my parents and inside it :O A 120GB Hard Drive!. Now I just have to wait to open the guitar-shaped gift under the tree. My uncle always did suck at wrapping presents.

Em Blackleaf
2007-12-24, 06:58 PM
Now I just have to wait to open the guitar-shaped gift under the tree. My uncle always did suck at wrapping presents.
It would be really funny if it was a book.

Dragonrider
2007-12-24, 07:04 PM
We opened two things today:

-$16 (my grandma always gives us our age in money)
-scarf from Peru

I know I'm getting a CD tomorrow, and my aunt was SUPPOSED TO ship a DVD, but it never came. I just don't know exactly what the contents are. :smallamused:

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-24, 07:25 PM
It would be really funny if it was a book.

If it were a book then my uncle would be getting a special boot-shaped gift up his chimney. There is only one book in existence that I would accept any time of the year.The only book worth reading. (http://alphabetofmanliness.com/images/aom_cover_800x600_main.jpg)[SIZE="1"] However a poster of Chuck Norris slaughtering ninjas would be good too.

Grim Greyscale
2007-12-24, 07:29 PM
As usual, I got all those random little crazy trinket sort of things I love so much. Really, though, items of note are Metroid Prime 3, and the Monty Python's Flying Circus box set (NOBODY EXPECTS IT!)

Jack Squat
2007-12-24, 08:51 PM

Welcome to the club, they're great hats. What brand is yours? I got a Tiger Pride fedora, and love it. I've got to get it over to the cleaners sometime though...

*makes note to call the dry cleaner's after the holidays*

So far I'm getting $220 for a 7mm Akona wetsuit I bought in November. I'll post the rest tomorrow

Brickwall
2007-12-24, 09:54 PM
Welcome to the club, they're great hats. What brand is yours? I got a Tiger Pride fedora, and love it. I've got to get it over to the cleaners sometime though...

It's the official Indiana Jones hat. It was a pain in the ass to remove the Indiana Jones pin from the outside. Worth, it, though.

Jack Squat
2007-12-24, 10:07 PM
It's the official Indiana Jones hat. It was a pain in the ass to remove the Indiana Jones pin from the outside. Worth, it, though.

ah yes, those hats. Nothing wrong with them, I just got mine before I saw one in a catalog

I always wondered how hard it was to remove the pin. It may not be the best advice to give, but if yours ever gets smashed (mine says packable, so I toss it in my luggage all the time), just turn your iron on low (I assume yours is also felt, so a wool setting would be perfect if your iron has that), and just fix the brim and the rest should pop back into shape...if not, that's what the thin end of the ironing board is for.

Like I said, probably not the best advice, but nothing bad has happened to mine.

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-12-24, 10:13 PM
I got a small Grim Reaper statue from a sibling.

When they unveiled it was a monumental occasion for me.

Bookman
2007-12-24, 10:16 PM
I got a small Grim Reaper statue from a sibling.

When they unveiled it was a monumental occasion for me.

Was it the sibling who used to be on here? Or does your family know you aspire to greatness?

Death, your friend the Reaper
2007-12-24, 10:19 PM
Was it the sibling who used to be on here? Or does your family know you aspire to greatness?

Just common knowledge in my family that with my hearing disability I'm half-death.:smallwink:
Merry Christmas Booky, been to long since I've seen you around!

Bookman
2007-12-24, 10:25 PM
Well I was just deathly afraid of bringing up your disability. Though such talk about your present is just a figure of speech :wink:

Merry Christmas to you too Deathy!

DarkLightDragon
2007-12-24, 10:26 PM
Already Christmas in my timezone. Stuff I have got from family and relatives:

A really expensive necklace that is very pretty. One side is a nice blue shell while the other side is mother-of-pearl, so I can wear it either way. :smallredface:

A bucket of M&Ms. :smallbiggrin:

A really nice hand-made card. :smallsmile:

With the card was one of those things you can scratch and have a go at winning money. On EVERY! SINGLE! GAME! I was one symbol away from winning a very large amount. One of those was even the jackpot prize! Also, a couple of other people got scratchies and won small amounts of money. :smallfurious:

An awesome T-shirt with a wolf and an Indian on it. :smallcool:

One of those things where you whack it against something and a ball inside it will start flashing. :smallamused:

In a box was something to do with fragrance. It looked like incense. :smallconfused:

More chocolate and candy. :smallbiggrin:

A towel. It looks cool. :smallsmile:

A lava lamp. :smallcool:

Yugioh cards. :smalltongue:

$100 :smalltongue:

I'm very happy with this!

Grim Greyscale
2007-12-24, 10:36 PM
With the card was one of those things you can scratch and have a go at winning money. On EVERY! SINGLE! GAME! I was one symbol away from winning a very large amount. One of those was even the jackpot prize! Also, a couple of other people got scratchies and won small amounts of money. :smallfurious: !

Yeah, that's nothing special. They're designed that way. If you DIDN'T get at least one set one off winning every time I'd be surprised.

thubby
2007-12-25, 12:17 AM
due to a rather large extended family, i get gifts on christmas eve, the big day, and the day after.
so far I have 165$ in gift cards and assorted cash, a new sweater, and enough music to kill a horse.
*makes spot check* HA, you rogues won't be getting my loot today!
xP

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-25, 12:49 AM
Bioshock for PC, Mythbusters Episode 10 (My parents thought it was the entirety of season 2 as opposed to one episode... but still), Supreme Commander: Forged Alliances, ~75$, Tome of Battle, two t-shirts (one says "Dude! Windows Vista ate my game." :smallcool:), two Munchkin expansion sets, and Pokethulhu or something along those lines (some kind of roleplaying adventure... it was actually bought because they liked the art)... pretty good haul this year.

Also, an art book by a guy who did a lot of LotR artwork whose name escapes me at the moment.

EDIT: And a golden retriever '08 calender... *melt* :smallbiggrin:

Brickwall
2007-12-25, 12:55 AM
ah yes, those hats. Nothing wrong with them, I just got mine before I saw one in a catalog

I always wondered how hard it was to remove the pin. It may not be the best advice to give, but if yours ever gets smashed (mine says packable, so I toss it in my luggage all the time), just turn your iron on low (I assume yours is also felt, so a wool setting would be perfect if your iron has that), and just fix the brim and the rest should pop back into shape...if not, that's what the thin end of the ironing board is for.

Like I said, probably not the best advice, but nothing bad has happened to mine.

The pin is not so hard to remove, but you need to work at it for a bit.

Thanks for the care advice, though.

Extra_Crispy
2007-12-25, 02:35 AM
Well it is finally Christmas where I am, and I am at work. So what is the first thing I am getting for Christmas. Probably a hug from co-workers and patients. (I work in a hospital) This is also my last night in the same department I have been in for the past 3 years. Going from a tech in Rehabilitation to a nurse in ICU (yes im a little scared)

Other then hugs, dinner, and good conversation with family. I MIGHT get something small from my 11 year old nephew. My family and I are VERY close and have come to an agreement in that Christmas is for the kids (my sister has 3) so spend the money on them. We usually dont get each other anything or only something small (<$20) and that is just the way I like it. I just love being around my family and watching the kids play with thier new toys.

This year my sister's family is spending Christmas with her parents-in-law, and then having the Christmas here on the 29th. Problem is since I am now a nurse in ICU I have to work that weekend so I will not be able to play with my niece and nephews and their new toys. :smallfrown:

Exachix
2007-12-25, 03:27 AM
SOCKS
Warm, cosy Hiking socks... mm...

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-25, 05:22 AM
So, any recommendations?

My parents have Heavy Horses, Songs from the Wood, Too Old to Rock and Roll; To Young to Die and Aqualung on vinyl and were luckily able to transfer them onto CD before the drive belt broke. They also have a compilation CD called Original Masters which has Skating Away on it.

Ceska
2007-12-25, 05:29 AM
My parents have Heavy Horses, Songs from the Wood, Too Old to Rock and Roll; To Young to Die and Aqualung on vinyl and were luckily able to transfer them onto CD before the drive belt broke. They also have a compilation CD called Original Masters which has Skating Away on it.
Then tell your parents they have good taste. :smallsmile: Someday I will buy a turntable for mum again. Someday.

And I decided for Minstrel in the Gallery, but I figured I'd get all in the end anyway. :smallamused: Happens automatically when you collect albums.

Exeson
2007-12-25, 05:33 AM
I got an awesome haul this year!

I got:
- A wind up torch/phone charger/personal alarm :smallsmile:
- An Awesome hoody :smallsmile:
- A shower set :smallsmile:
- £90 :smallbiggrin:
- A digital camera :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

it was also fun to see my mother go through her stocking, its her first stocking in about 40 years, the glee on her face was so nice to see.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-25, 05:55 AM
So far I have;

Some pop-history book full of nonsense and some computer games

The Witcher
Prey
Two sold out games stratergy games (Age of Mythology and Praetorians)

I guess I don't mind getting games from the 3 for £10 bin as long as I got the one I wanted anyway.

CurlyKitGirl
2007-12-25, 07:49 AM
I love my family so much right now...

Mini hifi system.:smallbiggrin: Parents.
A calligraphy set, a proper one. Uncle no.1
One Rainbows mug. From the leader there.
A French manicure set :smallconfused: Don't know how to use one.
An enormous book of Ghots & Hauntings. :smallbiggrin: I love my parents.
The Reaping DVD. Luvverly horror film from parents.
Nightmare Before Christmas DVD. Siblings.
About £30
2 lots of shower stuff. One from the Body SHop. :smalleek: Expensive stuff from another aunt and uncle.
Lots of makeup. :smallconfused: Again, how to use?
MAKING MONEY!!! :biggrin:
ONe hairdryer.

ocato
2007-12-25, 09:17 AM
I got a masterwork guitar. Apparently, it not only grants +2 to perform checks, but grants me the ability to Fascinate an additional target, given that I was able to preoccupy my mom, dad, and sister with it. Pictures later.

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-25, 09:33 AM
An electric guitar (Sunburst Samick SG), ~$180
Amp, ~$40
Mass Effect, $59.99 +tax
Chord Chart, ~$1
Guitar lesson DVD, ~$10
$37 won in lottery tickets, $10
XBOX 360 120GB Hard Drive, ~$180
Fable: The Lost Chapters, ~$10
1000 Microsoft Points, ~$12

A pretty nice haul considering im poor.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-25, 10:00 AM
I got as follows, this fine Christmas morning:

A copy of 'Wicked'
A copy of the 'His Dark Materials' series
A copy of 'Races of Eberron'
A laser pointer/flashlight
A box of Christmas peeps
Two transformers figures
A vegetarian cookbook
A motorazr cellular phone
A certificate good for driver's ed lessons
A package of warm socks

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-25, 10:07 AM
Some pop-history book full of nonsense and some computer games

The Witcher
Prey
Two sold out games stratergy games (Age of Mythology and Praetorians)

I now have in addition a big jar of gelatine snakes (I don't eat sweets very often) and a book of haiku.

So it looks like my Christmas presents were pretty lame compared to the 18th Birthday Presents I got almost a weeks ago, which was a Pocket Watch and some cash.

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-12-25, 10:22 AM
I mostly got (much needed) stuff for my dorm
-Microwave oven
-broom and dustpan
-printer
-mini-fridge
-pajamas
-crazy socks (I collect! =P)
-Season 1 and 2 of House, MD (so I can oogle Hugh Laurie any time of day!)

And..that's all that comes to mind..

Archangel Yuki
2007-12-25, 10:23 AM
the Monty Python's Flying Circus box set (NOBODY EXPECTS IT!)

Awesome, I just got this too. Along with an Ipod, a bunches of monies, and some gift cards to my local Warhammer 40kshop that shall soon give rise to a Necron army like the multiverse has never seen....

Buhahahahahahaha!
Rise my metal minions, rise!

See, all the C'tan want for christmas is a multiverse free of psychic abominations like you.

Mauve Shirt
2007-12-25, 10:36 AM
Merry Christmas! :smallbiggrin:
Yamaha NP 30 digital keyboard, w/ stand, sustain pedal and case. Hooray!
For the playing on the piano, a fakebook and Linus & Lucy. Huzzah music!
Socks, a new bathrobe, slippers, gloves, scarf and a fleece jacket thing. Yay warmth!
A deck of cards with presidents on them. Hooray!
A $100 check
And more presents this evening!

The Bushranger
2007-12-25, 10:41 AM
Merry Christmas, Everyone!!

* a pair of 8x52 binoculars, with a tripod adaptor, a monopod, and a tripod
* a "photographer's backpack"
* a Birds of Florida guide
* a National Geographic Birder's Journal
* a severe-weather calendar
* three storm-chasing books, including one on Hurricane Katrina
* a travel set of cologne
* and a Petra Farewell DVD

:smallbiggrin:

Bookman
2007-12-25, 11:06 AM
Phat lootz? I has those! (sort of >.>)

So here's my list

One CD Player with a tape attachment so I can play CD's in my car
An Electric tire gauge
A Car emergency kit (I recently got a car.........can you tell? :wink:)
The Princess Bride on DVD
Three books from the "Dragon Weather" series. (Haven't read em yet)
2 Polo shirts for work
a shirt that says "I can't, I have Rehearsal"
A shirt that says "Techies do it in the Dark"
A pirate colouring book
A stress ball
A multicoloured ball thingie with eyes and legs that looks remarkably similar to the FSM.
A weird pen
A mini stapler
Mini tape dispensers
A gift card for Gas
and of course

CHOCOLATE! :biggrin:

ShadowyFigure
2007-12-25, 11:08 AM
Here iz me loot!

£100
Monster Manual 3.5
Couple Of Books
£40 Pound Clothes Vouchers

Yah I got very little but I did get quit e a bit of money.

blackout
2007-12-25, 11:14 AM
A copy of Command and Conquer 3: Tiberium Wars

And Supreme Commander.

Yes, I had a short list.

If anyone needs me, I'll be sealing myself away in my Fortress of Leetness(aka the computer room in my household) for a few days, pwning some noobs online.

Deleran
2007-12-25, 11:46 AM
I must have slain a great wyrm red dragon, because I need several hirelings to carry the haul.

-The Yale Complete Works of William Shakespeare (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Shakespeare).
-Band of Brothers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Band_of_Brothers)
-The War (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_%28documentary%29)
-Super Mario Galaxy (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/supermariogalaxy)
-Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nausica%C3%A4_of_the_Valley_of_the_Wind)
-When We Were Orphans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_We_Were_Orphans)
-Pan's Labyrinth (http://www.metacritic.com/film/titles/panslabyrinth?q=Pan's%20Labyrinth)
-Princess Mononoke (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Princess_Mononoke)
-Metroid Prime: Corruption (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/metroidprime3corruption?q=Metroid%20Prime)
-The Venture Brothers: Season 2 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venture_Brothers)
-Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/callofduty4modernwarfare?q=Call%20of%20Duty%204)
-The Orange Box (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/halflife2theorangebox?q=The%20Orange%20Box)
-Assassin's Creed (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbox360/assassinscreed?q=Assassin's%20Creed)
-A Nintendo DS Lite (Black and Red) (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nintendo_DS_Lite)
-The Legend of Zelda and The Phantom Hourglass (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ds/legendofzeldaphantomhourglass?q=The%20Phantom%20Ho urglass)
-Super Paper Mario (http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/wii/superpapermario?q=Super%20Paper%20Mario)
-3 Shirts
-3 Sweaters
-1 Sweatshirt
-1 Pair of Pyjamas
-50 dollar gift certificate to Best Buy (http://www.bestbuy.com/)
-350 USD (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/US_Dollar)

:biggrin:

PS: Rodrigo Y Gabriella (http://www.amazon.com/Rodrigo-y-Gabriela-Bonus-DVD/dp/B000HKDEE2) fell under a couch or something near the Christmas tree and I didn't get it until a few days later.

Dihan
2007-12-25, 11:46 AM
Among other things I got:

Heroes series 1 DVD box set
Doctor Who series 3 DVD box set
A few Wii games
Speakers for my computer
A collectors edition Discworld calender
And a load of vouchers and cash.

Dustyme
2007-12-25, 12:05 PM
I got a bobble head Buba Fett from my wife :smallbiggrin: .

I have it on my desk a work:smallwink:

zeratul
2007-12-25, 12:09 PM
I got

A bowie knife
An MP3 player
Skin and bones ~ Foo Fighters
Siamese Dream ~ Smashing Pumpkins
Captain America Shirt
An awesome comic book that I forget the name of
20 bucks, and a $50 borders gift card.

A nice haul I think :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin: :smallbiggrin:

The Bushranger
2007-12-25, 12:45 PM
*points behind Zeratul*

Is that Da Rogue?!

*swipes the Bowie knife and runs away while he's distracted*

wxdruid
2007-12-25, 01:08 PM
Catlover is the one who gets all the loot around here.

de-trick
2007-12-25, 01:09 PM
$140
2 pairs of boxers'
13 pairs of socks
a shirt
body wash
Adidas body care set
and a ton of chocolates

I still have to go to my grannys

Volug
2007-12-25, 01:12 PM
Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn (HARD!)
Guild Wars: Eye of the North
New Electric guitar
and the best T-Shirt EVER!

Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-25, 01:20 PM
I just finished with my stockings, and I have:

Endless Candy/Chocolate
HALO 3 for XBOX 360
Quake Wars for PC
An awesome T-shirt (it has a ticked off squirrel with a stick standing in front of a giant pile of nuts, above that it says "PROTECT YOUR NUTS". :smallbiggrin:
The comfiest socks ever (yes, I'm happy about socks)
A really cool silver-and-black football
Two light-up frisbees (red and blue) that match my green one (all of which are awesome)
A wallet (WOO!)
Illuminated LED Base (for displaying rocks and such)
A slinkie (too bad I don't have any stairs to knock it down)
An INTELLIGENT GUITAR TUNER! (woohoo!!)

Th-th-that's all for now, folks, I'll come back with tree gifts in a bit.

Vaynor
2007-12-25, 01:21 PM
OK, so, my parent's are divorced, which makes Christmas the best thing that came out of that. Double the loot!

I'm at my mom's this morning, so so far I have gotten: Itunes gift cards, a new set of headphones, a shelf for next to my bed, and a computer table for the bed (where I use my computer, cause I'm just that cool).

Haruki-kun
2007-12-25, 01:21 PM
Roses are #FF0000
Violets are #0000FF
All my base
Are belong to you

That's IS the best ever. :smallbiggrin:

I got money.... so I'll just buy my own presents..........:smallconfused:

RTGoodman
2007-12-25, 01:34 PM

Me, too! Of course, it doesn't really go well with the chainmail coif that I also got!

Besides that, I also got several D&D books (hooray for finally having ToB and Dungeonscape, among others!), a few other books, a couple of games, and what is probably the greatest Christmas present ever - a CB radio for my Jeep!

ForzaFiori
2007-12-25, 01:36 PM
an X-Box 360
Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires for 360
a new MP3 Player.

still got my dads immediate family and my dads extended family to go.

Brickwall
2007-12-25, 01:37 PM
Why did so many people get an electric guitar and not me?!?! TT_TT

*rampage*

Trog
2007-12-25, 01:58 PM
The kids got all the loots around here. Though I did manage to score a gift certificate to the local gaming store from my sweetie. :smallsmile: <3 Not to mention...

SNUGGLY PANTS!!! *is snuggly* :smallbiggrin:

Volug
2007-12-25, 02:01 PM

*rampage*

It's okay, maybe next year.:smallsmile:

*Plays Iron Man*

QueenOfMemnoch
2007-12-25, 02:04 PM
And Terumitsu just showed up and gave me the most snuggly microfiber blanket ever. :smallbiggrin:

Evil_Pacifist
2007-12-25, 02:20 PM
I got The Princess Bride, Monty Python's Holy Grail, and The Adventures of Baron Munchausen on DvD; The City of Dreaming Books, a Starbucks gift card, whackloads of chocolate, and this incredibly nifty pocket screwdriver thing.

*Is eating his chocolate*

ArlEammon
2007-12-25, 02:20 PM
I got a Wii for Christmas.

Mr_Saturn
2007-12-25, 02:25 PM
Pfft, i got a Wii this summer.

Have fun! Tell me when you get a perfect game on wii-bowling. (I did :smalltongue: )

skreweded
2007-12-25, 02:27 PM
New computer.
Quad core 2.4 Gh proc
8800 gts 640Mb
2Gb ram
500GB HDD

Sup com will be looking fine soon.

adanedhel9
2007-12-25, 02:31 PM
Strange Days and Batman Begins DVDs.
Ringworld Throne, Ringworld Engineers, and a cookbook.
A new laptop cooling pad (my old one only worked sporadically).
A wristwatch.
A hand-crafted end table to match my coffee table.
Some dressy clothes.

I still have one more loot-gathering event to attend; I'm expecting a little bit of clothes and a little bit of cash.

Semidi
2007-12-25, 02:37 PM
More loot:
100$ to Walmart (I need furniture)
100$ to Chiles (???? Why so much?!)
100$ to Barnes and Noble (Someone knows me)
Ipod thing for in the shower
A Salvador Dali calander (I like surrealism)
The new Post-Secret book
A butterdish

SDF
2007-12-25, 02:44 PM
I got a synth... the fools, they have no idea what they've unleashed!

prongs43
2007-12-25, 03:09 PM
Rubix Cube Revolution (which does nothing a normal Rubix cube would do)
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games
Timeline
Harry Potter 5
Pirates 3
RENT
My Cousin Vinny
Free movie passes and a movie theatre gift card
Once Upon a Mattress soundtrack
Encyclopedia Guide to Immaturity (which was written for 6th graders :[ )
A Sweeny Todd hoodie
Transformers
Scene It?
A 2008 calander counting down the days to Bush's Inauguration
And lots of money.

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-25, 03:11 PM
I just finished with my stocking, and I have:

Endless Candy/Chocolate
HALO 3 for XBOX 360
Quake Wars for PC
An awesome T-shirt (it has a ticked off squirrel with a stick standing in front of a giant pile of nuts, above that it says "PROTECT YOUR NUTS". :smallbiggrin:
The comfiest socks ever (yes, I'm happy about socks)
A really cool silver-and-black football
Two light-up frisbees (red and blue) that match my green one (all of which are awesome)
A wallet (WOO!)
Illuminated LED Base (for displaying rocks and such)
A slinkie (too bad I don't have any stairs to knock it down)
An INTELLIGENT GUITAR TUNER! (woohoo!!)

Th-th-that's all for now, folks, I'll come back with tree gifts in a bit.

All right, here come the big gifts:

Lucky Brand jeans (really good ones)
A bunch of really stylish shirts (also mostly Lucky Brand)
A terrific olive-green "13" hoodie (you guessed it, Lucky Brand)
A collie calendar (I have a collie, love her to death)
MASS EFFECT FOR XBOX 360! WOOOOOOOOOT! IT WAS DELAYED A YEAR AND IT'S FINALLY HERE! (Hey, that rhymes, and look at the time! I'm a poet, didya know it? Just look at my feet... they're longfellows!
Transformers on DVD!
A total of about 9 comedies that I haven't seen
Start of Darkness (to be read ASAP)
A super-funny clock; it has a bunch of scattered numbers in the lower-left corner and at the top it boldly states, "Whatever."
High-quality drawing pads
A really cool "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die." shirt
About a million flannel and waffleweave shirts for Winter
Here's the big one... *drumroll* A SYNTHESIZER! Along with synthesizer seat, synthesizer... put-down-on-thingie, WOO! HAHA!

Merry Christmas to one and all!

Oh, and, BEAT THAT! WOOT!

SDF
2007-12-25, 03:18 PM

Wait, its a contest? Well, I got a synth too :P What kind did you get?

potatocubed
2007-12-25, 03:37 PM
My own bodyweight in festive food. I love Christmas food. :smallbiggrin:

Also, a handful of little things for me to play around with - a starter calligraphy set, a gyroscope shaped like a UFO, that sort of thing - some trade paperbacks, and some money which is going towards my Gencon trip.

But the food... oh man. I'm going to go eat marzipan-based confectionary right now.

ZombieRockStar
2007-12-25, 03:42 PM

My sister made me one of these:

http://www.clunybrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/themessage210-crop.jpg

You people with your Wiis and stuff...I win. :smallamused:

Also included: one vegetarian cookbook (which is very appreciated).
DVDs include Pinky and the Brain (yay!), the Cowboy Bebop movie (yay!), and The Simpsons Movie (sorta yay...but whatever). Plus, $180 CAN (Worth ~$182 USD :smallamused:).

Sneak
2007-12-25, 03:44 PM
My sister made me one of these:

http://www.clunybrown.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/08/themessage210-crop.jpg

You people with your Wiis and stuff...I win. :smallamused:

I envy you.

So. Very. Much.

A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-25, 03:45 PM
I got as follows, this fine Christmas morning:

A copy of 'Wicked'
A copy of the 'His Dark Materials' series
A copy of 'Races of Eberron'
A laser pointer/flashlight
A box of Christmas peeps
Two transformers figures
A vegetarian cookbook
A motorazr cellular phone
A certificate good for driver's ed lessons
A package of warm socks

Add to that:
Fifty dollars hard cash
Twenty dollars borders gift-money
Ten hours of behind-the wheel time with my uncle

bluish_wolf
2007-12-25, 03:49 PM
I got Imperishable Night (http://www.pooshlmer.com/touhouwiki/index.php/Imperishable_Night) for the PC! Joy! I can't wait for it to arrive in the mail.

Oh, and a PS3. I guess I won't have to use that PS2 I was borrowing anymore.

The Orange Zergling
2007-12-25, 04:32 PM
So, seeing some of my extended family I have accumulated another ~60$.

ZombieRockStar
2007-12-25, 04:36 PM
I envy you.

So. Very. Much.

A man walks down the street in that hat, people know he's not afraid of anything.

Damn straight. :smallamused:

Saithis Bladewing
2007-12-25, 04:37 PM
You people with all your monies...poor kid Saithis gets nothing.

Mad Scientist
2007-12-25, 04:38 PM
This year I got lots of nice sweaters which is great because my old ones are getting worn. My mom has the special power of finding the cute yet warm sweaters in the mounds of trendy/cutesy/blah stuff at the mall.
I also got The Start of Darkness -hurray for oots! I was hoping to also get Paladin Blues, but there's always birthday.
Let's see, and lots and lots of lotion and body butter. I get such dry skin in the winter and I must have complained about it a lot because I now have tubs and tubs of it. Take that evil dry winter air!
Merry Christmas to all!

bluish_wolf
2007-12-25, 04:44 PM

If it makes you feel better, my relatives have significantly more money then me.

Pwenet
2007-12-25, 05:18 PM
My loot that I got:
Gift Cards for Barnes and Noble
Money!
Gift Cards for other places
The "Whoops" Gift - The complete Stargate SG-1 SERIES box set...... and I already own Seasons 1-9. The folks misread my E-mail with what I wanted and the guy at Best Buy really wanted a good commission. Thankfully I have the receipt now so I get to get other things, including Season 10.
Various clothing and nice gloves.
And best of all - New Bedsheets :smallbiggrin:

Bookman
2007-12-25, 05:21 PM
The "Whoops" Gift - The complete Stargate SG-1 SERIES box set...... and I already own Seasons 1-9. The folks misread my E-mail with what I wanted and the guy at Best Buy really wanted a good commission. Thankfully I have the receipt now so I get to get other things, including Season 10.

I wish I got accidental gifts that good :tongue:

Lorn
2007-12-25, 05:30 PM
+3 longsword

Or, more accurately, Windows Vista, one of these (http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/product/seo/119552) babies, chocolateness, model trebuchet, David Gemmel book (Legend), Motorhead tshirt, for some reason a thing of screwdrivers, Bourne Ultimatum on DVD, another tshirt, aaand socks.

Oh, and a hairdryer. Joke present from my dad...

eidreff
2007-12-25, 06:25 PM
My loot shows that I am becoming old.

I got socks. Many socks. Oh and a pair of gloves, a bit of alcohol (because no one knows what to get me) and a contribution to the new laptop that I want.

A nett gain on the day.

rubakhin
2007-12-25, 07:01 PM
*muse* Okay, how to say this without discussing religion too much. Er, some of my friends sent me ikons from Russia! Which are very hard to get in America. I had been using prayer cards, but, well, a room isn't a room without ikons. They're extremely beautiful - and also, there was an ikon I had been coveting in particular, of the Romanov martyrs, and my friend sent me that one without my even mentioning it once! I was shocked. I knelt and kissed it a thousand times.

That made me about the happiest person ever on its own, but on top of that! I had been wanting a piano for forever and a day. Since moving one is so expensive, there are usually ones for free or for cheap in the papers as long as you can move them yourself. One of my friends paid to get a piano moved! I was so moved I nearly wept. I wasn't even expecting anything this year ... Although I don't have much here, I now have a piano in my home, and ikons. I really don't know what a person could need beyond that.

Closet_Skeleton
2007-12-25, 07:23 PM
Plus, $180 CAN (Worth ~$182 USD :smallamused:).

Wow.

How the mighty have fallen.

That made me about the happiest person ever on its own

That's good to hear.

The Bushranger
2007-12-25, 07:41 PM
I forgot to mention earlier one thing I got: the egg-cooking toaster I've been coveting for over a year. :smallbiggrin:

Hyozo
2007-12-25, 07:53 PM
Plenty of candy (nothing notable)
Plenty of socks and underwear (nothing notable)
Plenty of shirts. notables include:
-"Obey gravity. It's the law."
-"The dice are trying to kill me!" (and they were, see next)
a set of 7 dice, my first two rolls on the d20 were 1s
a (much needed) digital alarm clock.
knit sweater/gloves/hat/scarf set
Races and Classes 4e preview book
D&D Elder Evils
$100
Super Mario Galaxy

Not bad. Elder Evils wasn't on my mental list of which D&D books I wanted, but I can't really complain, seeing that it is a mental list.

The Bushranger
2007-12-25, 08:05 PM
-"Obey gravity. It's the law."

That reminds me of a couple of introductory skits from Beakman's World. :smallbiggrin:

In one of the very first episodes, Beakman crashes through the ceiling, and gets up declaring: "Gravity. It's the law."

Much later in the series, his lab assistant, Josie, comes crashing through the ceiling, and declares: "Gravity. It's still the law!"

That was one great show. :smallbiggrin:

zeratul
2007-12-25, 08:59 PM
Oh and in case anyone was wondering, the knife I got is basically this.

http://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t203/zeratul_2007/ka_1250.jpg

Glawackus
2007-12-25, 09:16 PM
Grado SR60 headphones (still in the mail)

Shadow and Claw: Books One and Two of the New Sun Tetralogy, Gene Wolfe
Sword and Citadel: Books Three and Four of the New Sun Tetralogy, Gene Wolfe
A Game of Thrones, George R. R. Martin
The Peshawar Lancers, S.M. Stirling
The Yiddish Policemen's Union, Michael Chabon

The Dark Side of the Moon, Pink Floyd
Wish You Were Here, Pink Floyd

Bathrobe
Scarf
Gourmet tortilla chips and raspberry salsa (Stonewall Kitchens)

$125, cash (which is probably going towards D&D books and maybe computer stuff)

PhallicWarrior
2007-12-25, 09:19 PM
I got:

$20 in my stocking :smallsmile:
A nifty Mythbusters T-shirt :smallcool:
An Axe hygiene kit :smallconfused:
A set of razors and shaving gel :smallannoyed:
A jumbo pack of Sourpatch kids (delectible ultrasour gummy candies, for those who don't know.) :smalltongue:
An Xbox 360 HALO3 edition :cool:
Mass Effect :biggrin:

Oh, and I got a bunch of stuff from one of my cousins, just for being me, apparently. I got a tape-measure, pens, a DOG WHISTLE, and a couple of kids books.

Best./Weirdest.
Christmas.
Ever.

Edit: ZombieRockstar, that is indeed the most cunnin' hat I've ever seen.

Sleet
2007-12-25, 09:36 PM
I got into watching HBO's Rome on DVD this past year. So my kids and my wife got me, in my late 30s, a bunch of Roman Playmobil Legionaries, a chariot, and a Caesar.

This is why I love my family. :smallbiggrin:

Raistlin1040
2007-12-25, 10:11 PM
I've been a fan of the Beatles all my life. However, it was only recently that my Beatlemania came to epic proportions. I bought 1 and Revolver earlier this year, as well as a biography on John Lennon written by his sister, and my dad gave me Shout! (A book on the Beatles) It only stands to reason that I would get Beatles stuff for Xmas. I got some other stuff, but this stuff was the best.

-Help on DVD (Deluxe edition with a book and hours of special features)
-A Hard Day's Night on DVD (Deluxe Edition)
-Love (Remixed Beatles songs for the Cirque De Solai production)
-Magical Myster Tour (CD)
-Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band (CD)
-The Beatles (White Albume) (CD)
-The Unseen Beatles (DVD)
-2-3 books on the Beatles.
-And a huge painting of them to put in my room.

I'm in Beatle freaking heaven! Awesome! Plus, I got a CD I already own, so I'm going to exchange it for Abbey Road.

And I got Rock Band!

GryffonDurime
2007-12-25, 10:57 PM
Highlights included:

12 Cell Laptop Battery - my old battery had degenrated to such a state that even when fully charged, it would only maintain power for about four and a half minutes.
Clothes, clothes, clothes.
The Simpson's Movie, Delux Edition
19" LCD HD Flatscreen TV. That's way more acronyms than anything should have.

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-25, 10:59 PM

*rampage*

Problem is it kinda sucks if you cant play it. Closest thing i got to lessons is a [non-helpful] DVD with a guy that looks like Richard Simmons.

Edit: The guy's name is Bert Casey. I'd prefer an instructional DVD made by Slash:smallamused:

TigerHunter
2007-12-25, 11:12 PM
You get a hug. *gives hug*

OK, so, my parent's are divorced, which makes Christmas the best thing that came out of that. Double the loot!
Quite so :smallbiggrin:

SOCKS
Warm, cosy Hiking socks... mm...
Me too. Nice wool socks and boots to put them in for my trip to Olympic Park in February.

And best of all: the laptop I'm posting this on! *is giddy as a schoolgirl* :smallbiggrin:

Meynolds
2007-12-25, 11:21 PM
I'm happy:

15" Macbook Pro :smallbiggrin:
Saturday Night Live (Second Season) DVD :smallsmile:
Weird Al TV Show DVD Set :smallconfused:
Monty Python Personal Best DVD :smallbiggrin:
Deserts of Desolation D&D minis Case :smallbiggrin:

Em Blackleaf
2007-12-26, 02:13 AM
I got...
An electric keyboard piano-thingy
A curling iron and an unholy amount of brushes
An assortment of pens, stamps, and highlighters, all in a mesh pencil bag
Several pairs of earrings
A pair of really nice around-the-ear headphones
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
A really warm coat that's one size too small (I'll just return it for store credit to get it a size bigger. Who knew I'm not an extra-small :smalltongue:).
A pretty gold-colored wallet
The Simpson's Movie
Batteries. Lots of batteries.

And in my stocking, I found...

A bunch of candies that I already ate! :smallbiggrin:
A small stuffed animal that appears to be an albino reindeer with a hat and scarf. I really don't know what it's supposed to be, but it's soft and stuff!
A Spiderman yo-yo
A freshly-baked cookie, made by my grandma
Some really strong body-spray :smallyuk:
A Hot Wheels race car! :smallbiggrin:

And then I got $110.

This was a load of presents. :smallsmile:

reorith
2007-12-26, 02:33 AM
i received stationary, three flashlights(i'm not sure why) a book on demonology and a book of obscene origami(from my mother of all people!) 8dayuntilmybirthday!

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-26, 03:20 AM
i received stationary, three flashlights(i'm not sure why) a book on demonology and a book of obscene origami(from my mother of all people!) 8dayuntilmybirthday!

hmm, i never would have thought of expressing the dirty sanchez through folded paper.

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-26, 03:40 AM
The Monty Python and the Holy Grail DVD, from my sister.
Yeah, I know, I didn't have it before yesterday. Now I do have it, so you can't kill me, now!
A new shirt (striped black/grey/faded red) and trousers (black), chosen by my sister but bought by my parents.
A new set of headphones from parents. Really good present, since the old ones look like I made them myself.
30$ of vouchers from aunt. Included in that figure is 10$ that she forgot to give me on my birthday.
Parker brand pen, cute teddy bear, and $20 Borders vouchers from school. You heard me, I got presents from [i]school.

Cash is so last-year, gift voucher cards are the new cash. :smallamused:

Destro_Yersul
2007-12-26, 04:28 AM
I got*

Sweatshirt
Pants
2 disk set of Robin Hood: Men in Tights and Spaceballs
Seasons 5 & 6 of CSI (Vegas)
$320 CAN

*Note that the following total is a list of all presents I have received for Christmas combined. It includes gifts from my parents, my brother, my sister, my grandparents and our next-door neighbor.

Hannes
2007-12-26, 04:54 AM
I got a tea set. I like it. That's all I got. I didn't want anything else.

The Bunny
2007-12-26, 05:18 AM
Pyrat rum in a really nifty box.
A 10-.22 rifle.
A bike.
A jogging suit, makeup, and some other assorted do-dads. This is prolly one of the best christmases EVAR.

Kyrian
2007-12-26, 10:36 AM
Let's see...

$370 in gift cards.
$100 gift card to BP (to fill up Kalie's car *shrugs*)
$50 in gift cards to one of four restaurants.
Transformers DVD
Live Free or Die Hard DVD
Though Shalt Laugh 2 The Deuce DVD
some candy
a wallet

one of my favorite gifts: An AMAZING drawing of Kyrian holding his wife, Lillah in his arms.

My other favorite gift: I moved in with my fiancee.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-26, 10:51 AM
http://photos-d.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v165/231/41/7710187/n7710187_35756703_8730.jpg

Santa was good to me this year.

Timberwolf
2007-12-26, 10:53 AM
At last count, I got

Said model trebuchet
A small lego model for old time's sake
Naruto season 1 which is new to me,
a jumper
some cash
a shed load os useful stuff like socks and razor blades off Santa.

Supagoof
2007-12-26, 12:07 PM
Oh, let me see....

Xbox 360 (was an early gift from my wife - since I bought Rockband before we had the 360. :smallamused: )
A couple of DS games. - Sims and Brain Age 2.
Socks!
Harry Potter and the OOTP movie, special edition.
Cordless 24v impact gun.
208 bit drill piece set.
Sweatshirt - with Goofy insignia sewn in - one of a kind. Go grandma and her "leet" sewing skills.
Goofy Speedometer for bike - that my brother had to eat 6 boxes of Kellog's cereal to get enough UPCs to get for me = way cool. Sure, he could have bought a gift, but instead he ate 6 friggin boxes of cereal!
A framed photo of Adrian L. Peterson - new all star running back for my favorite NFL team.
Aftershave. :smalltongue:
A Goofy artwork photo with pin.
A coffee mug - MN gophers.
A light pen with Goofy on top.

Yeah, I like Goofy. Go figure.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-26, 12:55 PM
Yeah, I like Goofy. Go figure.

You need to go see national Treasure: Book of Secrets.

Now.

SMEE
2007-12-26, 02:07 PM
Shower products... Masculine shower products... *sighs*

But I got to see parents, be there for dad's birthday, see grandpa & grandma and some relatives I like. :smallsmile:
And grandpa heard to my little brother precious advises on how to help grandma fight her alzheirmers.

So it was a good christmas.

Mr. Moon
2007-12-26, 05:26 PM
I got:

- DDR and a mat ^_^
- "Mostly Harmless" and "Life, the Universe and Everything" in collectors editions
- Pirates 3 on DVD
- A call from my dad and stepmom (and a check for $50)
- A gift card for my favorite mall - which has a monthley deduction fee. o.O
- Diner Dash
- An iPod shuffle. It's tiny and green.
And most importantly...

I'm not banned anymore!! ^_^

Kyroswolf
2007-12-26, 06:57 PM
Xbox 360: Had since Thanksgiving, but it's considered a Christmas present
Halo 3: The reason for the 360
Overlord: Cause it's cool to control minions
Borders Gift Card: To buy Harry Turtledove's new book
$100: Used to purchase VGA cable for 360, now wife can't complain about not being able to watch the TV

My son really raked it in. (he's 17 months old)

Power Wheels car
Bouncy Horse
"Cars" themed tent/bedsheets/sleeping bag
Toddler video game system (gotta start him early)
enough winter clothes to last him through the summer
numerous toys too small to mention

Wife got
new laptop
$100 cash
shirts
pants
watch (from me)
bag for the pool (she loves swimming)

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-26, 07:59 PM
Toddler video game system (gotta start him early)

I hope for his sake you mean a GameBoy If not, you might want to share that copy of Halo with him.

I remember getting one of those little laptops with the grey & darker grey 4" screen when i was 5. I kept trying to find the CD-ROM drive to put Nuclear Strike on it. The same x-mas I recieved a barney guitar which was smashed within an hour.

zeratul
2007-12-26, 08:01 PM
I remember getting one of those little laptops with the grey & darker grey 4" screen when i was 5. I kept trying to find the CD-ROM drive to put Nuclear Strike on it. The same x-mas I recieved a barney guitar which was smashed within an hour.

Hehe, awesome. Sounds like you were one of the cooler five year olds.

The Bushranger
2007-12-26, 08:03 PM
And most importantly...

I'm not banned anymore!! ^_^
The best gift of them all. :smallsmile: :smallbiggrin:

Jagg
2007-12-26, 08:31 PM
Merry Christmas to one and all!

Mockingbyrd are you mocking us?

I wasn't going to post until I read this, I do believe I can beat that, however didn't want to make everyone jealous. Warning if the green eyed monster affects you don't find the hidey text. Oh and Da Rouge...don't even think about it.

my wife bought me a car. Mmmm new car smell

BizzaroStormy
2007-12-26, 08:37 PM
Hehe, awesome. Sounds like you were one of the cooler five year olds.

Well, the only computers I had seen up until that point were real ones, and since I had never seen the crappy toy version, i just assumed it was real. As for the guitar, most of my childhood was spent watchng cartoons (which were actually decent back then) and music videos from the 80's (90% of which were metal)

Don Julio Anejo
2007-12-27, 01:54 AM
Woo!! I got a second flash for my camera...

I am :smile:

Dumbledore lives
2007-12-27, 03:14 AM
I got a shiny Laser mouse, an expansion for Medieval II: Total War, and a lavalamp. Basically all of note. For Now.

Castaras
2007-12-27, 05:14 AM
So far, loot record:

CD: Nightfall in Middle-earth - Blind Guardian

CD: 2112 - Rush
CD: Imaginations From the Other Side - Blind Guardian
CD: The Piper at the Gates of Dawn - Pink Floyd
Game: Worms 2 + Worms Armageddon
Game: Empire Earth
Game: Lemmings Revolution
Game: Spellforce II - Shadow Wars
Game: Rome: Total War
Midi Cable for my synthesizer and laptop, and music program
And dad's laptop was given to me, because he got mum's laptop, who got a new laptop. Musical Computers! :smallbiggrin:

Exachix
2007-12-27, 05:26 AM
I got...
a 120gig Hard Drive (External)
CD: Animals - Pink Floyd
Chocolate =D.
Monies!

The Bushranger
2007-12-27, 08:28 AM
There was one additional thing I got later I forgot to mention: a BirdWatcher's Digest "Show me your Life List!" bumper sticker. :smallbiggrin:

Lolzords
2007-12-29, 09:02 AM
Lets see..

-Bioshock for Xbox 360.
-Assassin's Creed for Xbox 360.
-Avenged Sevenfold Waking the Fallen CD
-This is England DVD
-Simpsons Movie DVD
-Complete Champion
-Complete Scoundrel
-The Orc King by R.A Salvatore
-Skulduggery Pleasant by Derek Landy
-H.I.V.E. by Mark Walden
-Snakehead by Anthony Horowitz
-A bottle of Black XS
-and, sweeties!

Pretty good haul :smallbiggrin:

Robberbaron
2007-12-29, 11:37 AM
Since I finally noticed this thread.

The Chase by Clive Cussler
3 box sets of Poirot DVDs
Big O volume 2
Dungeon Crawlin' Fools
No Cure for the Paladin Blues, which means I've got all 4 books now :-)
$50 cash
Eureka Season 1 DVD set, actually gift to whole family, but close enough
Tom Swift and his Airline Express with DJ, which is pretty cool

LordVader
2007-12-29, 08:18 PM
I got:
1 Bretonnian Battleforce (8 Bretonnian Knights, 1 Pegasus Knight, 20 Men-at-Arms, 16 Peasant Bowmen)
1 Pegasus Knight
1 Bretonnian Lord
1 Bretonnian Battle Standard Bearer
My own gaming table (finally)
C&C 3
Medieval 2 Total War: Kingdoms
And an iPod docking station.

Overall, a good Christmas.

PaladinFreak
2007-12-30, 12:41 AM
Well, I only go two items.

Number 1: A Bluetooth head set for my cell phone! *cheers*
No. 2: A set of lightweight running gear. You know, the stuff that weighs practically nothing, yet is still really warm.

All in all, a good christmas.

Zakama
2007-12-30, 12:58 AM
The OotS adventure game,
Start of Darkness,
Origin of PCs,
Logitech Chillstream controller,
earbuds,
A new fencing foil,
$60, (about)

And I just had to post this shirt I got. http://www.bustedtees.com/shirt/thatshowiroll/male

Aramil Liadon
2008-01-01, 10:39 AM
I got...

A digital camera
A brightly coloured house key (joke)
The Year's Best Science Fiction
Subscription to Analog Magazine
Pirates 3

*checks secret stash*

Inn-Fighting, the card game
A reusable hand warmer (really cool)

*checks again*

A book I'm not supposed to mention, a giant, 71% pure free trade chocolate bar, and those fuzzy d20's that you hang in your car (but I use for juggling).
And 15$. :smallsigh: I don't like getting money.

Ceska
2008-01-07, 04:05 PM
I know it's late, but the last parts of my loot only came today...

I got:

- Crest of a Knave by Jethro Tull
- Heartwork by Carcass
- Fiction by Dark Tranquillity
- The Gallery by Dark Tranquillity
- The Mind's I by Dark Tranquillity
- Two t-shirts. You can see both in the You thread.
- All studio albums made by Cream and Janis Joplin.
- Woodstock (the 1970 documentation) on DVD.
- Money. Quite a bit of it.
- Melnitz by Carles Lewinski.

I gave:
- Playmobile Knights and two playmobile princesses to my little sister.
- A Ritzenhoff Beer Glass to my father.
- Minstrel in the Gallery by Jethro Tull; Heavy Horses by Jethro Tull; and Stormwatch by Jethro Tull; to my mother.

reorith
2008-01-07, 04:11 PM
i got a copy of the veganomicon and some books of poetry/short stories for my bday trumping all the stuff i got for xmas.

The Vorpal Tribble
2008-01-07, 04:13 PM
Pfftt, I've made a Christmas list every year since I was a little thing and in the last 8 years I don't know that except for a movie or two I've gotten a single thing on it.

None of my family ever seems to know what to give me, so I keep printing out the same thing and giving it to them, knowing that it doesn't matter if it's updated they never look at it :smallannoyed:

I got a DVD (Pan's Labyrinth), a CD (Trans-Siberian Orchestra) and some sheet music I wanted. The rest I'll just stuff under the bed and give away through the year as always.

(And don't think I'm not grateful or anything, but just gets annoying when you're asked what you like and are then ignored and given an ugly $40 tree ornament when you'd be much happier with a $6 book)