PDA

View Full Version : Multi-Eyed and Argos Template (PEACH)

Bluelantern
2007-12-24, 02:17 PM
Multi-Eyed Template
This Template can be added to any creature that has eyes (and is not racially blind), the creatures gain several eyes in his/her body covering it and giving her a unique look and increasing greatly the perception of his/her surroundings.

I suppose that any type could get this template, as long it has eyes. I am not sure about undead… sounds possible that you could implant new eyes in a zombie or that a ghost could develop more eyes (for some reason related to its death maybe?)

Size and type: Humanoids Become Monstrous Humanoids, Animals and Vermin become Magical beasts.
Speed: same as base creature
Armor Class: same as base creature
Attacks: same as base creature
Damage: same as base creature
Special attacks:
Special qualities: All-around vision. Low-light vision.
Abilities: Wis+2.
Climate/terrain: same as base creature
Challenge Rating: CR +0.5?
Alignment: same as base creature
Level Adjustment: LA+1

All-around vision [modified] (ex): are exceptionally alert and circumspect. Their many eyes give them a +4 racial bonus to spot and search checks, and they can't be flanked. Armor penalty affects the skill bonus and a -6 or greater penalty will negate any benefit from this quality (note: this is not valid for shields, only armors). -4 in savings tests against gaze attacks, if the base creature has a gaze attack she will not gain more uses or be able to attack a larger area but will be able to use any of her eyes to attack.
Low-Light vision: if the creature already has low-light vision she can see x4 far than normal in poor light conditions.

Argos Template
Based on a legend, where a giant with 100 eyes would guard a girl turned in to a animal (a lamb?)

Same traits as Multi-eyed creature, plus the below:
Only living creatures can have this template.
Size and type: Humanoids become Giants.
Abilities: Wis+4.
Nearly Sleepless: Each eye of the creature can (and need) sleep individually. The creature can sleep by closing half of its eyes (the skill bonus from extra eyes will be +2 instead of +4), and keeping the other half awake, however the rest is not as efficient if it was complete sleep (all eyes closed), and each needs x1.5 the sleeping the normal sleeping time of a creature. Ex.: for example if the base creature normally needs to sleep 8hours a day, the Argos version of that creature needs to keep half of its eyes sleeping for 12hours. If the base-creature needs 4hours sleep, the Argos version would need to keep each total half of its eyes sleeping for 6hours, each day he would spend 12hours with half of its eyes closed, but the other 12 hours all eyes would stay awake.
Challenge Rating: CR +1?
Level Adjustment: LA +2~3?

Xyk
2007-12-24, 02:28 PM
Personally, I'd give multi-eyed a severe penalty to disguise, a bonus to spot and intimidate because seriously, seeing a 4-eyed human is dang scary.

Bluelantern
2007-12-25, 12:39 AM
Personally, I'd give multi-eyed a severe penalty to disguise, a bonus to spot and intimidate because seriously, seeing a 4-eyed human is dang scary.

I would say that Half-dragons are more scary and easier to tell apart from humans, yet, there is no mention about specific rules for disguise and intimidate. I do get your point, but is something that goes more for each case and setting.

Thanks for your opinon, maybe I will post some examples later.