PDA

View Full Version : Help on feats

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-24, 05:22 PM
is there a sheild ally feat? something where I add my AC to an ally when he gets hit? or perhaps I take the hit instead of my ally?

leperkhaun
2007-12-24, 05:29 PM
I seem to recall a PrC thats basically what you are looking for. Its a body guard type.

I cant seem to find it. You might want to check out the knight protector in complete warrior

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-24, 05:34 PM
I seem to recall a PrC thats basically what you are looking for. Its a body guard type.

I cant seem to find it. You might want to check out the knight protector in complete warrior

i found it.

Its an ability of the Knight, which is a core class in PHBII. I dont wanna be a knight.

So i go on to ask if there is a similar effect in the form of a feat?

de-trick
2007-12-24, 05:37 PM
why waste a feat you can get a ring

Friend Shield: These curious rings always come in pairs. A friend shield ring without its mate is useless. Either wearer of one of a pair of the rings can, at any time, command his or her ring to cast a shield other spell with the wearer of the mated ring as the recipient. This effect has no range limitation.

Moderate abjuration; CL 10th; Forge Ring, shield other; Price 50,000 gp (for a pair).

marjan
2007-12-24, 05:39 PM
There is teamwork benefit in PHBII that let's you dp that. I don't recall it's name.

tyckspoon
2007-12-24, 05:51 PM
The Big Feat Index at Wizard's lists Shieldmate and Improved Shieldmate from the Miniature's Handbook, which give a +1 shield bonus to your adjacent allies (+2 if you're using a tower shield); the improved version steps up to +2/+3. There's also the Shield Block maneuver in the Devoted Spirit discipline from Tome of Battle, which is significantly better (your full shield bonus+4, but only usable once since it's a maneuver) The Shield Other spell allows you to absorb some of the damage the shielded other takes; not exactly a shield, but it's thematically appropriate.

You could try searching the homebrew section of this forum for keywords like 'Bodyguard' or 'Protector'; I recall a few decent PrC's built around the idea of guardianship.

Leon
2007-12-24, 05:54 PM
Only way i can think of atm is to Take Martial Study and the Devoted Spirit manuver that alllows for it.

However one of the other things that springs to mind is the Devoted Defender PrC from Sword & Fist (3rd Ed)

Wordmiser
2007-12-24, 06:01 PM

I cant seem to find it. You might want to check out the knight protector in complete warrior That would be the Knight Protector. It's not a particularly bad class, not a particularly great class... it might be worth looking at if you're playing with restricted sources.

Generally Crusaders or Knights will come out ahead (though it works alright with a few levels from the Knight base class).

is there a sheild ally feat?There are two feats that might be worth looking at: Martial Study (Shield Block), which requires IL 3 (so it's a sixth level minimum for non-Martial Adepts) and Allied Defense in Forgotten Realms' Shining South, which lets you add your Combat Expertise AC bonus to your allies' defenses. If you choose the latter, you'll probably want to throw Improved Combat Expertise (CW) into the mix as well.

kamikasei
2007-12-24, 06:28 PM

Are you perhaps thinking of the Thayan something-or-other, who are bodyguards for Red Wizards?

leperkhaun
2007-12-24, 07:32 PM
Are you perhaps thinking of the Thayan something-or-other, who are bodyguards for Red Wizards?

na, and its not the knight protector either.

HAHAHAHAHA Got it.

Its a 3.0 class, called the Devoted Defender from Sword and Fist. It seems exactly what you are looking for.

A quick breakdown of the class. You and the person gets a bonus to AC, you can take hits for them, you get a bonus to attack people that attack your charge, and you can parry attacks against your charge.