PDA

View Full Version : Just got CA, idea for BBEG

Zenos
2007-12-24, 07:58 PM
My group recently got Complete Arcane and Complete Adventurer, so now I want to make a Gnome BBEG of some sort. Preferably some kind of illusionist who screws with their minds. Anyone here who knows some nifty tricks for such a type?

Solo
2007-12-24, 07:59 PM
Do the words "Killer Gnome Build" mean anything to you?

Chronicled
2007-12-24, 08:01 PM
You have just described a Beguiler. Gnome beguilers are amazing.

Zenos
2007-12-24, 08:02 PM
Do the words "Killer Gnome Build" mean anything to you?

I've read some of it, but anyways...

By the way, would giving the Gnome Initiate of the Sevefold Cheese be too much against my powergaming big brother?

And sadly I've not got PHB2

Chronicled
2007-12-24, 08:03 PM
That's what Crystalkeep is for! :smalltongue:

Solo
2007-12-24, 08:04 PM
By the way, would giving the Gnome Initiate of the Sevefold Cheese be too much against my powergaming big brother?

No.:smallyuk:

Please, be sure to add some Archmage on top of IotSC while you're at it.

Zenos
2007-12-24, 08:06 PM
No.:smallyuk:

Please, be sure to add some Archmage on top of IotSC while you're at it.

Ok, what of those High Arcana stuff is worth taking? I have never realy used archmage. While I am at it, the only PrC's I've played are Assassin and Mystic Theurge.

ShneekeyTheLost
2007-12-24, 08:06 PM
WhisperGnome Beguiler. The ultimate in WTFness.

If you don't want to utterly destroy them all, however, I have an alternate (and FAR less powerful build)

Rogue/Sorc/Arcane Trickster. Specializes in all those WTF spells. Odds are he'll escape through use of illusions and invisibility, or perhaps just a huge Summon Monster spell to make three or four critters show up to give him time to vamoose. If he's high enough level, Teleport and/or DimDoor is a must.

High Arcana Cheeze 101:

Mastery of Elements. Does the party have a bunch of Resist Elements? No problem, just choose a flavor they forgot and blow them up!

Master of Shaping: I hit the party, but not the mooks they are fighting, with my AoE of obscenity (solid fog, cloudkill, stinking cloud, fireball...)

Armads
2007-12-24, 08:17 PM
Killer Gnome is the best, probably. You need races of stone to pull it off, though (and some faerun stuff to make it even better).

slexlollar89
2007-12-24, 08:25 PM
In an upoming camp. I am about to run... the first of five BBEGs is a gnome illusionist that lives in a crap shack...

The PCs first encounter him, but they "se" an Ogre barbarian/necromancer with a "massive army" that they have to face. Assuming they prevail, they must then fight through "more massive undead ogres" and get through a huge multilevel tower/dungeon. The PCs eventually kill the "barbarian necromancer" who is revealed to be a weak, old 15th level gnome illusionist, who they actually kill. In actuality the gnome has used his minor artifact to make semi-real illusions of a huge army and a giant trap ridden tower, while in reality, the PCs are passed out on the floor of the crap shack they stumbled upon when they were level one, and the entire adventure was a cunning and saddistic illusion. Upon Killing the gnome, they wake up, are level one, and remember the shack they thought they went through, and are extremely mad at the gnome who has created this whole illusion in an illusion. While the level one PCs were passed out, the evil gnome had taken control of the kingdom with his spells, and the PCs must use cunning and intelligence to outwit the LE tyrant gnome that evryone thinks is a glorious King fighting against "evil barbarians and forign insurgents (the PCs).

The gnome himself is actually really easy to kill once his minor artifact is destroyed, its the part where they are constantly under attack by townfolk and soldiers loyal to the king that is supposed to be hard.

this campaign is supposed to be kind of confusing.

Zenos
2007-12-24, 08:32 PM
In an upoming camp. I am about to run... the first of five BBEGs is a gnome illusionist that lives in a crap shack...

The PCs first encounter him, but they "se" an Ogre barbarian/necromancer with a "massive army" that they have to face. Assuming they prevail, they must then fight through "more massive undead ogres" and get through a huge multilevel tower/dungeon. The PCs eventually kill the "barbarian necromancer" who is revealed to be a weak, old 15th level gnome illusionist, who they actually kill. In actuality the gnome has used his minor artifact to make semi-real illusions of a huge army and a giant trap ridden tower, while in reality, the PCs are passed out on the floor of the crap shack they stumbled upon when they were level one, and the entire adventure was a cunning and saddistic illusion. Upon Killing the gnome, they wake up, are level one, and remember the shack they thought they went through, and are extremely mad at the gnome who has created this whole illusion in an illusion. While the level one PCs were passed out, the evil gnome had taken control of the kingdom with his spells, and the PCs must use cunning and intelligence to outwit the LE tyrant gnome that evryone thinks is a glorious King fighting against "evil barbarians and forign insurgents (the PCs).

The gnome himself is actually really easy to kill once his minor artifact is destroyed, its the part where they are constantly under attack by townfolk and soldiers loyal to the king that is supposed to be hard.

this campaign is supposed to be kind of confusing.

This reminds me that he must use some kind of Simulacrum when they first meet him. They kill Simulacrum, he laughs his butt off.