PDA

View Full Version : Translation request

Sliver
2007-12-26, 01:52 PM
Hello. I'm from the Israeli community site called 'Ancient Realms'.
After reading the articles that are shown on this site, I have a request.
I would like to translate the articles to be posted on our site, with full credits to the author and the site, so our community will be able to enjoy those great articles at ease.
Hope you consider my request. Thank you.

Ichneumon
2007-12-26, 04:58 PM
Interesting, I am not sure what this "Ancient Realms" is you are talking about. But I think you should PM the author of the articles. His account is The Giant. He'll tell you anything you need to know and if he gives you permission.

bluish_wolf
2007-12-26, 05:14 PM
The original poster stated it was a website. Also, the Giant didn't write all the articles. He just hosts some of them.

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-26, 10:14 PM
The Giant tends to be very protective of his intellectual property. I doubt he'll authorize full translations (of course, I could be wrong). However, some of the material has been released as Open Game Content (usually appearing in a brown box). You should be able to do with that pretty much as you please.

Zherog
2007-12-27, 12:02 AM
However, some of the material has been released as Open Game Content (usually appearing in a brown box). You should be able to do with that pretty much as you please.

As long as you follow the rules of the OGL, anyway. ;)

Shhalahr Windrider
2007-12-27, 10:15 AM
As long as you follow the rules of the OGL, anyway. ;)
Well, yeah. Of course.

:smalltongue: