PDA

View Full Version : Torn: Interest?

hyperfreak497
2007-12-26, 02:00 PM
Hi, it's me, hyperfreak497. You see my current avatar and the ones in my signature? They're based on Jeffrey Adams, the main character of a book I'm trying to write (probably going to be entitled "Torn"). However, I can't seem to get the motivation to write it lately. After looking over the vast number of webcomics now, I think you guys might be able to use a serialized web story. If there's any interest, I think I'll do it.

Updates will probably be once a week; not sure how big they'll be yet.

Also, does anyone know what the character limit for a post is? Thanks, CG.

The_Chilli_God
2007-12-26, 02:12 PM
I can answer that last question for you. All you have to do is exceed that limit and they're kind enough to tell you what the limit is.
50000 characters.

As to making regularly-updated web stories, they're only the next natural step to a host of webcomics.
Step after that are the comedy stagescripts.

Sneak
2007-12-26, 02:59 PM
Well, sounds like an interesting/cool idea, but I can't really say I'm interested in the story yet, seeing as I have no idea as to what it's about.

So. Some info would be necessary before I can color myself interested (it's kind of a reddish green color).

Ichneumon
2007-12-26, 03:06 PM
Personally, I think this is a good idea. There are already to much webcomics. We need more writers.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-26, 04:22 PM
Well, sounds like an interesting/cool idea, but I can't really say I'm interested in the story yet, seeing as I have no idea as to what it's about.

So. Some info would be necessary before I can color myself interested (it's kind of a reddish green color).

*Sigh* Someone (*koff koff* Randomizer) said that this was cliche, but I don't care. It's a modern fantasy novel about a teenager that's possessed by a demon (none of this demon/devil D&D nonsense; the terms will be interchangable in the book) and an angel at the same time. They both kind of influence his actions, making decisions difficult for him, blah blah angst. Part of his soul ends up splitting off to create a seperate entity that can communicate directly with the two possessing spirits, and Jeff (main character) slowly begins to gain supernatural powers from his relationship to the angel and the demon. It ends with the apocolypse. 'Nuff said.

Ichneumon
2007-12-26, 04:29 PM
Alright that sounds awesome. I am sure goint to read it. Be careful though, I do not know if you would be able to publish it (and make money:smallbiggrin: ) after you've already published it online here for free.

hyperfreak497
2007-12-26, 04:40 PM
Alright that sounds awesome. I am sure goint to read it. Be careful though, I do not know if you would be able to publish it (and make money:smallbiggrin: ) after you've already published it online here for free.

I don't really expect to make money off my writing; I'm not ludicrously good. I just want to make my story known. It has a lot of personal significance to me.

If it does get published, I would love to give all the playgrounders a free copy anyway. :smallbiggrin: