PDA

View Full Version : say helo to my little friend

lord of pixies
2007-12-26, 02:17 PM
so i am equiping my chr. today and i need help with one thing...

i want a pet.

how would this be done? (i dont want to waist a level on druid to get the animal companion)

how much would it cost to train? how much do i have control over it? and what size should it be (im thinking a spider, they have a lot of those in the area)

marjan
2007-12-26, 02:30 PM
Wild cohort (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/re/20031118a) is the answer

kamikasei
2007-12-26, 02:42 PM
Handle animal.

You won't get any bonuses and the animal won't get any extra tricks, but depending on its intelligence you may be able to teach it to follow you around. Taking it into a dungeon or any similar location will be as bad an idea as it would be with a standard domesticated pet, though.

nerulean
2007-12-26, 07:11 PM
Handle animal is the easy way if you're not after anything too fancy. My personal favourite, however, is the spell Beget bogun. Yeah, it's hopelessly inefficient and you need to find someone who can actually make the little critter for you unless you have some item creation feats to spare, but there is no better pet than a bogun.

Admiral Squish
2007-12-26, 07:46 PM
Handle animal is the easy way if you're not after anything too fancy. My personal favourite, however, is the spell Beget bogun. Yeah, it's hopelessly inefficient and you need to find someone who can actually make the little critter for you unless you have some item creation feats to spare, but there is no better pet than a bogun.

What's a bogun? Is it like a homonculus?

Leon
2007-12-26, 08:13 PM
What's a bogun? Is it like a homonculus?

Basicaly yes.

Cobbled together out of natural materials and linked to the druid who made it

Animefunkmaster
2007-12-26, 08:27 PM
Handle animal would not be useful in combat, its a move action to handle animal normally. Rangers and Druids can do it as a free action. If your a caster, I believe there is a variant that turns a familiar into an animal companion.

marjan
2007-12-27, 07:36 AM

Actualy you need Craft Wondrous Item, spell (Beget Bogun from CD), some XP and ranks in a woderful Craft(Basketweaving) skill check.
Here (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php%3Ft%3D873736)'s everything you want to know about the skill.

seedjar
2007-12-27, 12:31 PM
A bogun is a wondrous item? I don't have my books handy, but that doesn't sound right.
~Joe

marjan
2007-12-27, 12:41 PM
A bogun is a wondrous item? I don't have my books handy, but that doesn't sound right.
~Joe

It's construct I think but the construction requires CWI. Don't ask me why, the book says so.