+1|
+1|
+4|Divine Fury II

5th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+4|Smite 3/day[/table]

Class skills: The Temple Guardian's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Smite (Su): This ability is the same as the smite you used to gain access to this class. You gain an additional use of your smite per day at the 1st, 3rd, and 5th levels of this class.

Divine Fury I (Su): When you gain this class feature, you gain one of following abilities of your choice:

Divine Rage: In a rage, a Temple Guardian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, and +8 damage on all smite attacks, but takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The extra damage is holy damage for a Good-aligned Temple Guardian and unholy damage for an Evil-aligned Temple Guardian. The increase in Constitution increases the Temple Guardian's hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A Temple Guardian may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the Temple Guardian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter. Each use of Divine Rage uses up a smite attempt.

Stalwart Blessing/Curse: You can make a smite attack as an Attack of Opportunity. This takes an immediate action, and uses up 2 smite attempts for the day instead of one. This smite does not deal damage to the smited target; instead, it imposes a penalty to their to-hit and their damage equal to the damage that would have been dealt.

Rightousness/Damnation: You can give yourself a bonus to your attack roll on a smite attempt. This bonus can be any number. However, whether the attack hits or not, you take damage equal to the number you added to your attack roll. This is untyped damage, and nothing blocks it. If the attack misses, the smite attempt is wasted. If you have the Power Attack feat, you may convert the bonus to-hit into bonus damage.

Divine Fury II: At level 4 you may choose another special ability. You may choose either one of the Divine Fury I abilities, or an ability from the following list:

Angelic/Diabolic Wrath: When you make a full attack, you may make a smite attempt for one or more of the attacks you normally get in a full attack, instead of only being able to make a smite attempt as a standard action. Furthermore, when you make more than one smite attempt as part of a full attack, each smite that hits gains +4 damage for each smite that has hit before it. For example, if you had made three smite attempts as part of a full attack and the first smite attempt hit, the second smite attempt would do +4 damage if it hit. If the first two smite attempts hit, the third would do +8 damage if it hit.

Cleansing/Inferno: You may make your smite attempts as touch attacks. Additionally, the damage done by your smites is doubled: half of the extra damage is fire damage and half of the extra damage is holy damage (for Good-aligned Temple Guardians) or unholy damage (for Evil-aligned Temple Guardians).

Greater Smite: Every smite attack you make that hits is automatically a critical hit. Additionally, your weapon's critical modifier increases by 2 when you make a smite attack. For example, a smite attack with a Medium greatsword (2d6 damage, 19-20/x2 critical) would automatically do four times its normal damage, or 8d6. A smite attack with a Medium scythe (2d4 damage, x4 critical) would automatically do six times its normal damage, or 12d4.

-----------------------------------------------------

Edit: Thankies for the help on fixing the Typos...and the wordings...*blowkiss* Now I really like how this looks

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 07:41 PM
Love hate? anything? pwease imput!

Raistlin1040
2007-12-26, 07:44 PM
Guardian is spelled with the U before the A. :smalltongue:

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 07:45 PM
wow...that's it? i'm that good at homebrewing...i rock...worship me as your sexy shoeless goddess of homebrew!

Raistlin1040
2007-12-26, 07:51 PM
Destruction, not Distruction.
Knowledge, not Knowlage
Cleansing, not Cleanseing
And a few more I'm too lazy to list.

Also, what about Neutral characters? And what's with the weird saves/BAB? This class seems like a PrC for a paladin (Including UA varients), but it doesn't have good Fort or full BAB? What's up with that?

Also, I don't like the alignment part of it. If you want to make a class with an alignment flavor (Or is a PrC for a paladin), then do it. If you don't then just make a regular class. But the dual alignments thing just seems weird.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 07:57 PM
*sniffle* sure...rain on my parade....*giggles* Spelling errors arn't gunna be corrected...never have fixed my speeling..so i'll be leaving that alone..

as for the Low BAB and the saves not with the Pally. I wanted this to feel like you are simply increaseing your will power, your mind is more in control. As for the Duel alignment...I am having a problem wording that those are named differntly because the Disturction Domain is most likly an Evil thing...Blackgaurds, Palidans...Half-Feind/Celestials could take this...that is what I wanted.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-26, 08:05 PM
*mildly ranting request to correct spelling of Destruction, Knowledge, Guardian, access, an (you put "and" instead of "an"), Immediate, Stalwart, Damnation, ability, Cleansing, attempts, criticaled, addition, and critical*

Now that that's out of the way, let's see...

I'm not clear about how Rightousness/Damnation works. If I understand correctly, you get a bonus to-hit and take damage equal to the bonus you added. Is that right? A few more questions about that bonus to-hit: is it untyped damage? Does it go through damage resistance? Can you use it in conjunction with Power Attack (that is, adding it to your damage roll instead of to your to-hit roll)? If the attack misses, do you still take the damage?

I'm also not clear about Angelic/Diabolic Wrath. Do you mean that for each smite attempt that hits in a full attack, the next smite does +4 damage if it hits? By "you may make Smite attacks as each of your B.A.B," do you mean that every attack you make in a full attack can be a smite attempt? Or do you mean that you make a number of attacks equal to your B.A.B. (which would be extremely overpowered)?

If I understand correctly, Greater Smite means that on all your smite attempts, your weapon always does five times its normal damage. That's much more powerful than all the other Holy/Unholy Fury abilities. I'd tone it down to automatically getting a critical hit and increasing your weapon's critical modifier by one (so a weapon with an x2 critical would do x3 damage, a weapon with an x3 critical would do x4 damage, etc.)

Raistlin1040
2007-12-26, 08:09 PM
That's all fine and dandy, but you aren't really increasing what is most important for your character.

Say I'm playing a paladin. Level doesn't matter. Assume powerful enough that casters are at least as strong as martial characters.

As the party's primary melee combatant I need to fulfill two rolls. I need to tank, save my allies from taking hits and I need to hurt my enemies. Against enemies with High AC, it'll be harder to hurt them due to not having full BAB. Against a squishy wizard, I'll be able to hit him, but I'll be less able to save against his Stinking Cloud.

A straight Paladin wouldn't have these issues. The Will bonus is nice, but Paladins have crappy Will, so even a jump to Good still wouldn't help a bunch with a 5-level PrC. If it was 10 levels, it would be more useful.

As for the special abilites, extra Smites are just more of the same. They're useful, but most paladins don't use up all their smites in a day anyway. The other abilites are kind of cool, but don't make sense. Rage just doesn't fit, and the other abilities are either too specific to be useful (Stalwart Blessing), worded badly (Rightousness), or not powered right.

And if the theme is increasing your mind power, then how come no levels with spell levels increasing?

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 08:13 PM
Alright, the speeling corrections give me a headache, you'll excuse them..

As for your questions...time to answer them..

I'm not clear about how Rightousness/Damnation works. If I understand correctly, you get a bonus to-hit and take damage equal to the bonus you added. Is that right? A few more questions about that bonus to-hit: is it untyped damage? Does it go through damage resistance? Can you use it in conjunction with Power Attack (that is, adding it to your damage roll instead of to your to-hit roll)? If the attack misses, do you still take the damage?

My wordings arnt very good. i'm sorry...No DR is applied, The bonus is untyped, and Yes, you can power attack with it. If you miss you not only use the smite attempt but you also take the damage you payed for the bonus.

I'm also not clear about Angelic/Diabolic Wrath. Do you mean that for each smite attempt that hits in a full attack, the next smite does +4 damage if it hits? By "you may make Smite attacks as each of your B.A.B," do you mean that every attack you make in a full attack can be a smite attempt? Or do you mean that you make a number of attacks equal to your B.A.B. (which would be extremely overpowered)?

I did mean each Smite attempt that hits. So if you have 4 attacks for your full round attack, and you hit the first one you get +4 damage for the second one, if you hit the second one you get +8 on the next attack. But each one MUST be a smite attack. As for if it gives you extra attack, no.. but normally you can only smite as a standard action this makes it where you can smite as much as you can usally attack when in a full round action of attacks.

If I understand correctly, Greater Smite means that on all your smite attempts, your weapon always does five times its normal damage. That's much more powerful than all the other Holy/Unholy Fury abilities. I'd tone it down to automatically getting a critical hit and increasing your weapon's critical modifier by one (so a weapon with an x2 critical would do x3 damage, a weapon with an x3 critical would do x4 damage, etc.)

I think it would have to change the Modifier by two if anything, but Ik agree it's alot more powerful...If someone wants to correct all my speeling and post it...I'll C&p that as the OP...but that is the only way i can fix it...it really does hurt my head to edit.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-26, 08:44 PM
Fixed typos, did some grammar clarification, and changed "Holy/Unholy" to "Divine" to make things clearer. I also changed Greater Smite to be in line with your response to my suggestion, and adding wording to make everything you explained clearer. I hope you don't mind.
------------------------------------------------------------
Prerequisites: Smite ability or Destruction Domain
Feats: Iron Will, Weapon Focus (Any)
Skills: Knowledge (Religion) 8

Temple Guardian
HD: d10
{table=head]Level|Base Attack<br>Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Smite 1/day

2nd|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Divine Fury I

3rd|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+3|Smite 2/day

4th|
+3|
+1|
+1|
+4|Divine Fury II

5th|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+4|Smite 3/day[/table]

Class skills: The Temple Guardian's class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are: Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Knowledge (nobility and royalty) (Int), Knowledge (religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex), and Sense Motive (Wis).
Skill Points at 1st Level: (2 + Int modifier) ×4.

Skill Points at Each Additional Level: 2 + Int modifier.

Smite (Su): This ability is the same as the smite you used to gain access to this class. You gain an additional use of your smite per day at the 1st, 3rd, and 5th levels of this class.

Divine Fury I (Su): When you gain this class feature, you gain one of following abilities of your choice:

Divine Rage: In a rage, a Temple Guardian temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Constitution, a +2 morale bonus on Will saves, and +8 damage on all smite attacks, but takes a -2 penalty to Armor Class. The extra damage is holy damage for a Good-aligned Temple Guardian and unholy damage for an Evil-aligned Temple Guardian. The increase in Constitution increases the Temple Guardian's hit points by 2 points per level, but these hit points go away at the end of the rage when his Constitution score drops back to normal. A fit of rage lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s (newly improved) Constitution modifier. A Temple Guardian may prematurely end his rage. At the end of the rage, the Temple Guardian loses the rage modifiers and restrictions and becomes fatigued (-2 penalty to Strength, -2 penalty to Dexterity, can’t charge or run) for the duration of the current encounter. Each use of Divine Rage uses up a smite attempt.

Stalwart Blessing/Curse: You can make a smite attack as an Attack of Opportunity. This takes an immediate action, and uses up 2 smite attempts for the day instead of one. This smite does not deal damage to the smited target; instead, it imposes a penalty to their to-hit and their damage equal to the damage that would have been dealt.

Rightousness/Damnation: You can give yourself a bonus to your attack roll on a smite attempt. This bonus can be any number. However, whether the attack hits or not, you take damage equal to the number you added to your attack roll. This is untyped damage, and nothing blocks it. If the attack misses, the smite attempt is wasted. If you have the Power Attack feat, you may convert the bonus to-hit into bonus damage.

Divine Fury II: At level 4 you may choose another special ability. You may choose either one of the Divine Fury I abilities, or an ability from the following list:

Angelic/Diabolic Wrath: When you make a full attack, you may make a smite attempt for one or more of the attacks you normally get in a full attack, instead of only being able to make a smite attempt as a standard action. Furthermore, when you make more than one smite attempt as part of a full attack, each smite that hits gains +4 damage for each smite that has hit before it. For example, if you had made three smite attempts as part of a full attack and the first smite attempt hit, the second smite attempt would do +4 damage if it hit. If the first two smite attempts hit, the third would do +8 damage if it hit.

Cleansing/Inferno: You may make your smite attempts as touch attacks. Additionally, the damage done by your smites is doubled: half of the extra damage is fire damage and half of the extra damage is holy damage (for Good-aligned Temple Guardians) or unholy damage (for Evil-aligned Temple Guardians).

Greater Smite: Every smite attack you make that hits is automatically a critical hit. Additionally, your weapon's critical modifier increases by 2 when you make a smite attack. For example, a smite attack with a Medium greatsword (2d6 damage, 19-20/x2 critical) would automatically do four times its normal damage, or 8d6. A smite attack with a Medium scythe (2d4 damage, x4 critical) would automatically do six times its normal damage, or 12d4.

--------------------------------------------------------------

One more question. How many times per day can you use Divine Rage?

@V: Done.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 08:47 PM
One more question. How many times per day can you use Divine Rage?

oops...I ment to say it uses a Smite attmpt...oh...If you haddnet made it in quotes I could have fixed the OP...could you remove your quotes from your fixes? thankies..

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 09:25 PM
Any other ideas?...Question....comments....declarations of love?...anything?