PDA

View Full Version : Planetouched as a template

TheElfLord
2007-12-26, 04:42 PM
Basically what the title says. Would it work to have asimars and tieflings work as +1 LA templates instead of races? That way you could have an asimar elf without making it a half elf/half celestial.

graymachine
2007-12-26, 04:49 PM
I'm not sure; which particular plan are you being touched by? :smalltongue:

TheElfLord
2007-12-26, 04:51 PM
hopefully a brilliant one

UserClone
2007-12-26, 04:52 PM
I don't see why you couldn't just use the celestial or fiendish Templates.

icthius
2007-12-26, 04:52 PM
Show us on the doll where the plane touched you...

Seriously, though, using the rules in the DMG2 (a ****ty book by most standards, but it gives you a good idea of how to homebrew things and keep them in balance) and the traits of the aasimar and tieflings, you should be able to make a proper template that works for you.

Amiria
2007-12-26, 05:23 PM
Sure, it is not a new idea. I read about it first on these boards more than a year ago and now we do it in the games of my RL group.

All the planetouched traits added to a race as a +1 LA template. It also is a more 'logical' approach imo, so you can have Tiefling Dwarves and whatnot.

GryffonDurime
2007-12-26, 05:55 PM
All the planetouched traits added to a race as a +1 LA template. It also is a more 'logical' approach imo, so you can have Tiefling Dwarves and whatnot.

Tiefling Dwarves?

Dear gods, I hope they didn't need that Charisma. :smallsmile:

Iudex Fatarum
2007-12-26, 09:57 PM
I like the idea, I posted on it a few months ago, well just over a year. I have been told that tieflings and aazimar are underpowered, this seems right, but throw some other abilities in and it makes sense that we could just add it with no modifications as a template.

It also makes sense that you could have a planetouched from a race other than human, which I guess was the assumption.

I wonder what are elemental planetouched called, we have tiefling, aazimar, chaond, zenythri, which are alignment based.

tyckspoon
2007-12-26, 10:55 PM
I like the idea, I posted on it a few months ago, well just over a year. I have been told that tieflings and aazimar are underpowered, this seems right, but throw some other abilities in and it makes sense that we could just add it with no modifications as a template.

It also makes sense that you could have a planetouched from a race other than human, which I guess was the assumption.

I wonder what are elemental planetouched called, we have tiefling, aazimar, chaond, zenythri, which are alignment based.

Genasi. They showed up in the Forgotten Realms Player's Guide, I think.

ivymutant
2007-12-27, 06:54 PM
I'm currently playing a Half Human Aasimar, Half Elf Bard in one game. I get all of the Half Elf stuff, and most of the Aasimar stuff, but without Daylight, only two resistances (cold and sonar if I remember correctly), and possibly one or two other things different. I still have a +1 LA (fun at level 1, esp when the rest of the party level up and I stay at level 1. It's been 2 sessions and no one has noticed yet....). I could give more details, but I don't have my character sheet here, am at home for xmas.

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-28, 03:17 PM
I like this idea. It's logical and fun and makes sense. I will use it.