PDA

View Full Version : CR 5 Flesh golem

sikyon
2007-12-26, 05:09 PM
So I need a boss for my level 4 sidequest. At first I was going to use a level 5 cleric who was going to buff himself like mad, but I figured he might be a bit strong. So I took the flesh golem and tried to tone him down.

Unfinished Flesh Golem:

Large
50hp
AC 16, flat footed 16, touch 9
Full attack:Slam +7 melee 2d6+5
Space/Reach 10/5
Base Attack/Grapple +3/+11
Fort +3
Ref +2
Will +3
Str 21
Dex 9
Con/Int NA
Wis 11
Cha 1
DR 5/adamantine
Immunity to Magic

Vulnerable to sneak attack because it's not complete, there are many parts holding it together.

Thoughts? Have I made it too weak? The party is a wizard (core only spells so far) Rouge (rather on the weak side) Soulknife (rather strong with VoP at this point) Palidin. The party is under WBL, by about half I'd guess.

TheLogman
2007-12-26, 05:19 PM
One of the main reasons Golems are so tough is that they have Immunity to Magic. Perhaps change that to an SR? An SR of 15 would cause the casters to fail when casting on it around 50% of the time, making it tough but not impossible to hit it with spells.

sikyon
2007-12-26, 05:29 PM
Interesting. Would you recommend I change the other stats as well then though? Actually any good boss fight will work. The leader of a cult was trying to sacrifice commoners, yadda yadda yadda. I thoughed beared devil at first, but I think devils are abit abover their CR, are they not?

Lady Tialait
2007-12-26, 05:35 PM
if i was you i'd create a BBEG that had class levels. The Golem is pretty cool but Golems are basicly tanks to plow through. I would say put a Cleric or Two in with him..if your looking at a ECL 5 group I'd say put 2 Human Clerics of (Whatever) there, each ECL 3...in addion seeing how you have a pallie there throw in a (halfway knocked out) Anti-Palidan. Basicly have him pre hurt. so his HP is low. and have him an Pally of (insert Evil varient here) level 6...make him scary...but beatable,

I'd throw in a cupple groups of Zombies of varies types...make about 3 fights before hitting the BBEG to really make the party scared. if you think they are too hurt to go to the BBEG at any time throw in a little help here or there ( as in 'Oh look a Wand of Cure!') You want to make your charitors feel as tho a Boss Fight is gunna beat them and being low on resorces and up against something that can hurt them even at full is always memorable...oh as for devils..go ahead and throw one in..they are a little powerful for their CR, but not that bad.

Adumbration
2007-12-27, 07:12 AM
By the way - if you're going for SR - you could make it an Awakened Flesh Golem, to give it a bit more flavor.