PDA

View Full Version : Lucifer: The Light Bringer

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 07:58 PM
This has probably been done before (better even) but I'll just give it a shot. My idea for Lucifer the Light Bringer is a Lawful Evil God of Light, I realize there was already a Devil named Lucifer (I believe) but The Light Bringer is a totally different person.

Lucifer is a Lawful Evil god, his Titles include Light Bringer, Bearer of All Light, The Fallen Lord, and The Infernal Prince. Lucifer's aspect is light, and Law, and corruption of Mortals and Celestials. Lucifer's home plane is The Palace of Light in Baator. Domains associated with Lucifer are Law, Evil, Light, and Corruption. Clerics of Lucifer are often individuals who see the power in light and the value of corrupting others to do their will, they are masters of control and often powerful spellcasters and psionics. Lucifer has a unique sect of Followers known as the Paladins of the Light. Paladins of the Light are, as the name implies, Paladins, however unlike most Paladins they are dedicated to Lucifer, and Evil god, and the spread of his word throughout the realms. They are like Blackguards, however they are more similar to Paladins, and you player characters may begin as Paladins of the Light and not merely take it as a prestige class. Lucifers favored weapon is the Broadsword, preferably aflame with infernal fire, or unholy light. The symbol of Lucifer is a Broadsword (or greatsword) with angelic wings growing from the guard above the hilt, in a shaft of light.

This is just the basics, mostly from the top of my head, I still have to work on the domains of Light and Corruption, as well as make up some rules for the Paladin of Light.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-26, 08:13 PM
So the Paladins of Light are basically like Paladins of Tyranny (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm) (scroll down until you see them) from Unearthed Arcana? Interesting.

There's a Light Domain here (http://www.enworld.org/archive/index.php/t-65984.html) that you may want to steal.

There's a Corruption Domain from the BoVD mirrored here (http://www.sulerin.com/spells/detail.asp?op=domain&a=20021011213854).

Update when you can, this should be interesting. Unless it gets heretical, or course... *rests hand on Holy Avenger*

Raistlin1040
2007-12-26, 08:15 PM
Are Paladins of Light just flavor-altered Paladins of Tyranny?

edit: Ninja'd.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 08:33 PM
Well I didn't really know about the Paladins of Tyranny, they will probably be pretty much the same (maybe some minor tweaking, like the "never commit 'good' acts" thing, I might just tweak that so instead of totally outlawing good, anything that falls outside of a more Lucifer Specific code of conduct would strip them of their paladin-status) The Domains look nice, I may want to do some tweaking here and there, but more for flavor than anything else.

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-26, 09:32 PM
Paladin of Light "code of conduct" basics

A Paladin of Light is bound to Lucifer the Light Bringers will and must act according to that will. The Paladin of Light may perform acts of good in the context of serving the will of Lucifer or his servants, a Paladin of Light must follow the direct will of a High Priest of Lucifer if such orders are given, except if expressly told otherwise by an agent of Lucifer or a more powerful Servant of Lucifer (such as his "Chosen")

Also Lucifer's heralds are corrupted Celestials. Denizens of Lucifer's Palace of Light include Devils and Corrupted Celestials.

knightsaline
2007-12-30, 12:35 AM
I quite like the idea of an evil non-aztec god of light. I quite dislike the light myself.

I suppose that Noctifel, the Darkbringer would be Lucifers good mirror and the "Default Paladin" god?

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-30, 12:38 AM
I quite like the idea of an evil non-aztec god of light. I quite dislike the light myself.

I suppose that Noctifel, the Darkbringer would be Lucifers good mirror and the "Default Paladin" god?

Sure? lol, sorry I don't know who that is, if thats kind of nooby... sorry again.

EvilElitest
2007-12-30, 12:40 AM
This has probably been done before (better even) but I'll just give it a shot. My idea for Lucifer the Light Bringer is a Lawful Evil God of Light, I realize there was already a Devil named Lucifer (I believe) but The Light Bringer is a totally different person.

Lucifer is a Lawful Evil god, his Titles include Light Bringer, Bearer of All Light, The Fallen Lord, and The Infernal Prince. Lucifer's aspect is light, and Law, and corruption of Mortals and Celestials. Lucifer's home plane is The Palace of Light in Baator. Domains associated with Lucifer are Law, Evil, Light, and Corruption. Clerics of Lucifer are often individuals who see the power in light and the value of corrupting others to do their will, they are masters of control and often powerful spellcasters and psionics. Lucifer has a unique sect of Followers known as the Paladins of the Light. Paladins of the Light are, as the name implies, Paladins, however unlike most Paladins they are dedicated to Lucifer, and Evil god, and the spread of his word throughout the realms. They are like Blackguards, however they are more similar to Paladins, and you player characters may begin as Paladins of the Light and not merely take it as a prestige class. Lucifers favored weapon is the Broadsword, preferably aflame with infernal fire, or unholy light. The symbol of Lucifer is a Broadsword (or greatsword) with angelic wings growing from the guard above the hilt, in a shaft of light.

This is just the basics, mostly from the top of my head, I still have to work on the domains of Light and Corruption, as well as make up some rules for the Paladin of Light.
I don't know if this is allowed, but if so great idea, and finally a Paladin of Tryanny that makes sense
from,
EE

knightsaline
2007-12-30, 02:10 AM
I just don't like the fact that every single fantasy novel I read equates the sun with good. The darkness hides those who need protection, yet can hide those who they need protection from.

Noctifel is basically a made up "twin" of Lucifer. One rules over light, the other over Darkness. Everything must have balance. If Lucifer brings light, Noctifel brings Darkness

Lord_Asmodeus
2007-12-30, 02:17 AM
that makes sense, I guess people naturally equate light with good because humans are day-creatures who fear the darkness out of our inability to use our best sense (sight) in darkness effectively, which leads to our fear of the unknown, I.E. people are afraid of the dark because it hides things and people fear that which they do not know or cannot explain, and the light reveals things and allows us to see, people take solace in this and see light as good because it allows for things like the growth of plants and life as we know it. or something like that