PDA

View Full Version : What's that one spell...

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-26, 08:54 PM
what is that one spell that essentially says : " You may sneak attack."

anyone know? i htink it is a cleric spell with something about x-ray vision in the name but i could be wrong. If someone could tell me what book it is in and the real name that would be great.

happy holidays.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-26, 08:56 PM
Distracting Assailant (Spell Compendium; 1 Sor/Wiz) is a swift-action spell that renders the target flat-footed for 1 round.

Also, I remember seeing a illustration in the same book (of an assassin, iirc) allowing one to see the anatomy of the target creature; but I don't recall its name or its function... :smallfrown:

seedjar
2007-12-26, 09:08 PM
Nightstalker's Transformation? It's like Tenser's Transformation except you become rogue-ish.
~Joe

TheOOB
2007-12-26, 09:23 PM
Phantom Threat(complete warrior) is an extreamly good spell for provoking sneak attacks. It causes the foe to be considered flanked, and even though it take an action to cast, it last several rounds. Unfortunately it's bard and hexblade exclusive.

Kaelik
2007-12-26, 09:33 PM
I believe it is wracking touch, from the Spell Compendium. Though it may be something else that starts with a W.

Chrismith
2007-12-27, 01:54 AM
I know it's probably not what you're looking for, but the but about X-ray vision makes me think of Hunter's Eye from PHBII. It allows you to deal some extra sneak attack damage by seeing through the target's skin to find their organs and such.

Curmudgeon
2007-12-27, 02:20 AM
The answer is Hunter's Eye (Players Handbook II, pages 114-115).
This spell grants you the sneak attack ability.

Kaelik
2007-12-27, 03:31 AM
Well he may be talking about wracking touch,

This spell does 2d6 (or thereabouts) damage on a ranged touch attack. If you possess Sneak Attack Dice they are added to the damage.

I don't remember the exact wording, but basically it would allow Arcane Tricksters and Unseen Seers to SA every time. It would also allow them to deal SA damage to normally immune creatures.

CactusAir
2007-12-27, 06:03 AM
There is a cleric/assasin spell that boost Sneak attack and Heal checks. It's in Champions of Ruin/Valor.

Hunter's Eye gives you SA die/3 Caster Levels, and is a RANGER spell.

Cowboy_ninja
2007-12-27, 07:03 AM
Distracting Assailant (Spell Compendium; 1 Sor/Wiz) is a swift-action spell that renders the target flat-footed for 1 round.

Also, I remember seeing a illustration in the same book (of an assassin, iirc) allowing one to see the anatomy of the target creature; but I don't recall its name or its function... :smallfrown:

thats the illustration im remembering....

Keld Denar
2007-12-27, 07:52 AM
what is that one spell that essentially says : " You may sneak attack."

anyone know? i htink it is a cleric spell with something about x-ray vision in the name but i could be wrong. If someone could tell me what book it is in and the real name that would be great.

happy holidays.

You may sneak attack what? The XXX Strike line of spells allow you to apply sneak attack to a given type of creature in a round.

Grave Strike - Cleric - Undead
Golem Strike - Wizard - Constructs
Vine Strike - Druid? - Plants
XXX Strike - XXX - Oozes?

CactusAir
2007-12-27, 04:15 PM
thats the illustration im remembering....

Look in Champions or Ruin or champions of Valor.

Fax Celestis
2007-12-27, 04:25 PM
Look in Champions or Ruin or champions of Valor.

Neither. The spell is healer's vision, and it's in Complete Scoundrel.

http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/compscoundrel_gallery/102067.jpg