PDA

View Full Version : Thrall build

Idea Man
2007-12-26, 10:29 PM
I'm looking at what would be the best possible classes to build a Thrall of Eltab on. I'd like to use 20 level classes only, no prestige classes.

It requires CE alignment, Abyssal, know. (arcana) 4 ranks, know. (the planes) 8 ranks, Thrall to Demon, Willing Deformity, Deformity (clawed hands), special: must release a bound demon without any assurances or promise of reward.

Thralls of Eltab gain proficency in all simple and martial weapons, as well as all armor and shields. They get full (one-for-one) BAB and Fort-strong saves. They get the choice of a bonus feat or one additional level of whichever spellcasting class they had prior to becoming a thrall at 1st, 4th, 7th, and 10th level. Non-spellcasters obviously must take the feat. Also 4+Int in skills; bluff, climb, concentration, craft, diplomacy, hide, intimidate, jump, know. (any), listen, move silently, profession, search, sense motive, spot, swim, use rope.

The thralls also gain: scaly red flesh (+1 nat armor at 1,4,7,10th lvl, stacks with racial bonuses, but not magical ones), 1st - gore attack (Medium size creature is d6 damage. Oooh! I'm sure I'll use that once for the novelty.), 2nd - touch of fear 3/day (cause fear as a 10th level caster), 3rd - burrow speed of 10 ft. (there's kind of a point; demoncysts exist underground), 5th - summon minor demon 1/day (as summon monster, 5 HD or less, 15th lvl caster ability), 6th - demoncyst jump 1/day (teleport to another demoncyst), 8th - immunity to electricity, 9th - summon major demon 1/day (as summon monster, 10 HD or less, 15th lvl caster ability), and 10th - death gaze (supernatural gaze attack, 30 ft., Fort DC 10 + thrall's class level + Cha negates).

I've built this class using a cleric before (Eltab can act as a patron for a cleric using the Chaos, Demonic, Evil, Hatred, and Retribution domains), and he was pretty capable as both a melee and magic enemy. I'm looking for 15th to 20th level builds. I do not have access to Eberron books, but everything else is good. Any help is appreciated. :smallbiggrin: