PDA

View Full Version : Cull the weak [Feats, PEACH]

Lady Tialait
2007-12-27, 01:39 AM
Damnation [Genera, Vilel]
Your blood crys out for hells.
Prerequisites: Evil Brand, 13 Int
Benefits: Your vile existance has damned you, knowing this gives you greater ability to go on. 1/encounter when you targeted with an attack by someone within your weapon's range you may preform a single attack. If the attack hits it deals Double damage. In addion the damage delt is pure unholy damage instead of your weapon's normal damage.
Special: You can no longer be Raised or Resserected, your soul and body are tied to the Nine Hells

HellMaster [General, Vile]
You are so evil that even Devils (Begrudingly) Respect your athority.
Prerequisites:Evil Brand, Damation, HellSworn, Int 17
Benefits:You may as a supernatrual ability once per day summon bearded Devils equal to 1/5 of your HD rounded down. This ability otherwise acts like 'summon monster' spells with your HD as your caster level .
Special: Summoning Devils in such a way is dangerous even if you are this vile. You must pay every Devil back that has served you. either with their rightful gold payment. or in services decided by them.

What do you think??...

JackMage666
2007-12-27, 01:45 AM
The first one seems alright, as it's only once an Encounter. However, it's spelled Double, not dubble.

The second one needs pre-requisites, as a 1st level player summoning a Bearded Devil would be problematic. How long does the spell last?

Lady Tialait
2007-12-27, 01:48 AM
Alright. maybe I need to change something

As for how long it lasts, it's 1/round per level...same as Summon Monster spells HD being Caster level.

I ment for it not to be useful till level 5. as it only gives you 1/5 of your HD round down...but gimme a secon to change that.

Oh yes, and Hellsworn is a prerequisite, it has a Prerequisite of Knowlage (the planes) of 9 so...ya'know...

Lady Tialait
2007-12-27, 04:20 PM
Alright, i'll be saying thease feats are perfect in everyway.

SurlySeraph
2007-12-27, 09:31 PM
They look balanced enough to me.

Jaerc
2007-12-29, 06:32 AM
They look balanced enough to me.

They aren't.

Edivad
2007-12-29, 09:15 AM
Damnation [General, Vilel]
Your blood crys out for hells.
Prerequisites: Evil Brand, 13 Int
Benefits: Your vile existance has damned you, knowing this gives you greater ability to go on. 1/encounter when you targeted with an attack by someone within your weapon's range you may preform a single attack. If the attack hits it deals Double damage. In addion the damage delt is pure unholy damage instead of your weapon's normal damage.
Special: You can no longer be Raised or Resserected, your soul and body are tied to the Nine Hells

My (humble) suggestions:
a)change to 1/encounter to 1/day(per encounter abilities can be...hard to balance, although I hear there will be a lot of them in 4E)
b)Make only the extra damage be pure unholy instead of ALL damage. So if for example you were using a great sword dealing 2d6+10 damage normally and used this feat, you would deal 2d6+10 slashing damage and 2d6+10 unholy.
c)I'd remove the "when you are targeted by someone"think. Don't think there's that much of a need to have this as a "revenge"ability.

HellMaster [General, Vile]
You are so evil that even Devils (Begrudingly) Respect your athority.
Prerequisites:Evil Brand, Damation, HellSworn, Int 17
Benefits:You may as a supernatrual ability once per day summon bearded Devils equal to 1/5 of your HD rounded down. This ability otherwise acts like 'summon monster' spells with your HD as your caster level .
Special: Summoning Devils in such a way is dangerous even if you are this vile. You must pay every Devil back that has served you. either with their rightful gold payment. or in services decided by them.

Could use a Charisma instead of Intelligence prerequisite. I also suggest being able to summon different devils depending on your character level instead of using a 1/5 your HD limitation. So a low-level character could only summon a lemure. One way to do it - allow the player to summon a single devil once per day whose HD cannot exceed 1/2 of his own.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-29, 12:57 PM
My (humble) suggestions:
a)change to 1/encounter to 1/day(per encounter abilities can be...hard to balance, although I hear there will be a lot of them in 4E)
b)Make only the extra damage be pure unholy instead of ALL damage. So if for example you were using a great sword dealing 2d6+10 damage normally and used this feat, you would deal 2d6+10 slashing damage and 2d6+10 unholy.
c)I'd remove the "when you are targeted by someone"think. Don't think there's that much of a need to have this as a "revenge"ability.

That is the effect I was going for Revenge. In addion a 1/day effect is VERY VERY low powered. You do realize you are useing 1 of your 11 feats for this one? Very important.

As for the changeing it all unholy damage that damage will be exactly like the 'Unholy' ability of a magical weapon. Meaning it will not harm Evil or Neural, but it will really mess up good creatures. The effect I want is that you can't hurt the person with this feat without getting hurt. if I really really went for the effect I wanted I would turn it into a hurting aura that activates when attacked did unholy damage equal to your weapon damage 1/encounter. But that is needlessly powerful and complex. I atleast let you make an attack roll on them

Could use a Charisma instead of Intelligence prerequisite. I also suggest being able to summon different devils depending on your character level instead of using a 1/5 your HD limitation. So a low-level character could only summon a lemure. One way to do it - allow the player to summon a single devil once per day whose HD cannot exceed 1/2 of his own.

1) Cha is probly a good idea. but!..this is part of a chain of feats. hence each one is a more powerful effect of the others.

2) There will never be a 'low level' charater with this feat. it's prerequites set it right at 9th level before you cangain it. (3 feats as prerequites, and a 9 ranks prerequite) I really think they work that way. not that your ideas arn't appriated.

Thanks for the imput..

They aren't.

um...please explain...

Umarth
2007-12-29, 03:12 PM
2) There will never be a 'low level' charater with this feat. it's prerequites set it right at 9th level before you cangain it. (3 feats as prerequites, and a 9 ranks prerequite) I really think they work that way. not that your ideas arn't appriated.

Human can have 3 feats by 3rd level and 9 ranks is level 6 (highest rank is level +3)

Lady Tialait
2007-12-29, 03:15 PM
HellSworn has the prerequites...so...no you can't before 9th level...

level 1 human can only take 2 feats like thease (fighter has a bonus feat list) Vile feats are not figher bonus feats.

Hellsworn has the prerequites of the 9 ranks..meaning you can gain those level 6 and that feat.

Meaning you would have to take the Hellmaster at 9th...i was careful at this....This is just no way without a PrC that allows bonus Vile feats...I dont know one like that.