PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 games

Metal Head
2007-12-27, 12:54 PM
So I got the 360 for Christmas, and I'm wondering what games I should get for it. I like RPG and FPS games. I'm already getting Halo 3 and Gears of War, so don't recommend those.

Alex Kidd
2007-12-27, 01:12 PM
Bioshock's the other big FPS to get, great fun. Not too many RPGs for the 360, and I haven't played any of them sadly.

Dead Rising's awesome. I also find Saints Row underrated. They're both 3rd person actioners though (DR has some very light RPG elements).

Arang
2007-12-27, 01:37 PM
It is obligatory to mention Mass Effect.

Also think about Rock Band. I hear it's good, plus: party game! If you have any friends, that is.

RTGoodman
2007-12-27, 01:40 PM
I love Rock Band also, and recommend it to anyone. Other than the Halo series, the other FPS I'm currently enjoying is Call of Duty 4.

Crispy Dave
2007-12-27, 07:47 PM
if you dont ahve a pc that can lay them heres a list of good games

Call of duty 4
bioshock
Orange box
Lord of the ring battle for middle earth 2
comand and concor

heres some 360 only games to put into tought

mass effect
crackdown
lost planit

best games in bold

bluish_wolf
2007-12-27, 08:01 PM
The PS3 or Xbox thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67796) has some suggestions in it as well, ze.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-27, 09:09 PM
Okay, do not buy Bioshock. Or assassins creed. Both are AAA games and you're an idiot if you don't play them, but they have zero replay value. Bioshock wins rental game of the year with no contest, Assassins Creed is amazing for a few hours then becomes painfully repetitive. But seriously, rent both.

As for buys, Mass Effect is awesome, CoD4 is great (air support is the most overpowered thing ever though), Oblivion is indescriminately fantastic (get the GotY version, the expansions are even better then the main game) and Orange Box is also great. I don't like Half Life myself, but even without that TF2 is a really well balanced multiplayer game and Portal is easily the best puzzle game of all time bar none.

From the original xbox, Halo 1 and 2 are some of the best shooters ever made, Ninja Gaiden Black is rediculous in both its awesomeness and difficulty, Star Wars Battlefront 2 is a really good large scale shooter, Morrowind GotY is the prequel to Oblivion and is really good if you can get over the 2001 graphics (they don't bother me but a lot of people go nazi over that sort of thing), and Psyconauts is an enigma of a game that is really really good just because it's fun.

Gungnir
2007-12-27, 10:53 PM
Crimson Skies is available off of XBL Marketplace now. Very fun.

Jibar
2007-12-28, 05:14 AM
Okay, do not buy Bioshock. Or assassins creed. Both are AAA games and you're an idiot if you don't play them, but they have zero replay value. Bioshock wins rental game of the year with no contest, Assassins Creed is amazing for a few hours then becomes painfully repetitive. But seriously, rent both.

BioShock... unfortunately yes in some areas.
However, both are worth buying. Depending on how you play games they are both absolutely brilliant. If you like to experiment with different builds for characters then BioShock will see you well with it's large amount of customibility, while if you like to explore then Assassin's Creed is perfect. Despite what some people seem to think of it, it is my favourite game now, and I can easily waste a few hours just running and jumping across Acre.

For my suggestions, I'm gonna push two shooters your way that never were expertly reviewed. Lost Planet and Kane and Lynch. Both have their issues when it comes to aiming, but if you can get past this they're both great. Lost Planet features boss fights like you'd see in old arcade games, while Kane and Lynch has some really clever gameplay elements and a truly amazing plot.

Cuddly
2007-12-28, 06:05 AM
I couldn't get into Assassin's Creed at all. The "idiot" controls really turned me off.

CaffinatedAngst
2007-12-28, 11:49 AM
I would recommend Oblivion, and Assassion's Creed. You might as well get Halo as well.

Metal Head
2007-12-28, 12:14 PM
Thanks for the advice people. Sadly I have the Atlantic Ocean between me and my Xbox, so I want to know if either of the 2 games that come with it are any good.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-12-28, 03:03 PM
Halo 3 is uncompromisingly awesome, Gears is monotonous and boring IMO, but that opinion isn't shared by many, as before the AAA game flood in Q4 this year Gears was the most popular game on Live.

Darken Rahl
2007-12-28, 03:23 PM
Be prepared to send it back after a few months. ;)

A Rainy Knight
2007-12-28, 07:25 PM
Gears of War is great the first time through on single-player, but the learning curve online is way too steep for my tastes. If you want to play that online, be prepared to die... many, many times.

Halo 3's single-player didn't hold as much fun for me as Gears, but the Forge is great. As for Halo 3 online, I don't care for it, but most people do.

Crispy Dave
2007-12-28, 10:23 PM
o ya I forgot to mantion oblivion and assasins creed both are great games as well but oblivion is better on pc (mods own)