PDA

View Full Version : Incredibly Convenient Prestige Classes

Heroic
2007-12-27, 06:51 PM
This is the thread to discuss and choose any OotS Character' Incredibly Convenient Prestige Class.
So let's start:

:elan: Dashing Swordsman (obviously)

:belkar: Bloodthirtsy Stabbity Massacrer From Any Direction or Sexy Shoeless God of War
Class Features
Sexy Shoeless God of War (or, Bloodthirsty Stabbity Massacrer from Any Direction)

Hit Die
d10

Requirements:

Alignment
Any non-lawful and non-good

Base Attack Bonus
+5

Skills
Jump 5
Climb 3

Feats
Two-Weapon Fighting

Special
Ability to rage

Class Skills
Balance, Bluff, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Ride, Spot, Tumble

Skill Points at Each Level
6 + Int modifier

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Random Slaughter
2 +2 +3 +3 +0
3 +3 +3 +3 +1 Improved Stabbing, Unleash the Fury
4 +4 +4 +4 +1 Kickass Battle Damaged Look
5 +5 +4 +4 +1
6 +6 +5 +5 +2 Death from Above
7 +7 +5 +5 +2
8 +8 +6 +6 +2 Trigger Happy
9 +9 +6 +6 +3 Mindless Fighting
10 +10 +7 +7 +3 Battle Cry

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A sexy shoeless god of war is proficient with all simple weapons and light armor.

Shoeless
If the sexy shoeless god of war wears any equipment on his feet, he loses all class features until the equipment is removed.

Stabbing
A sexy shoeless god of war gains no benefits from his class features in combat while fighting with any weapon other than a dagger.

Random Slaughter (Ex)
At 1st level, a sexy shoeless god of war is treated as having the Great Cleave feat while fighting multiple enemies with 1 HD each.

Improved Stabbing (Ex)
At 3rd level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the Improved Critical and Weapon Focus feats for daggers.

Unleash the Fury (Sp)
At 3rd level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve him in hid quest for victory. This functions like a paladin's mount (use double the character's sexy shoeless god of war level in place of his paladin level), except that the mount is called from the Outer Plane corresponding to the character's alignment.

Kickass Battle Damaged Look (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever the sexy shoeless god of war becomes damaged, he gains a distinct outward appearance of the damage. As long as he maintains this look, he gains +2 to all attack rolls, +2 to all Intimidate rolls, and +2 appearance bonus to his AC. The look fades when he rests or receives magical healing.

Death from Above (Su)
At 6th level, a sexy shoeless god of war can fly at twice his base move speed while in combat. If he already has a fly speed, use whichever is faster.

Trigger Happy (Ex)
An 8th level sexy shoeless god of war can always act during a surprise round and is never flat-footed.

Mindless Fighting (Ex)
At 9th level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the ability to sacrifice conscious thought in exchange for greater destruction. He may rage an additional 5 times per day, and each rage lasts to the end of that encounter. However, when the rage ends, he takes a cumulative -2 to Int and Wis until he rests.

Battle Cry (Sp)
At 10th level, the sexy shoeless god of war's battle cry has become so powerful that it brings death to those who hear it. As a spell-like ability, he may use Wail of the Banshee once per day, using his Charisma modifier to determine the save DC.

:nale: Needlessly Overcomplicated Warrior Assassin Mage
Class Features
Gets a circumstance bonus equal to his intelligence modifier on every ability and on attacks as long as he does it while speaking a long, complicated villanous monologue.

:redcloak: Bearer of the Crimson Mantle
Class Features
Forbids him from ever taking his cloak off.

:miko: (Pending)
Class Features
Immune to intimidation and persuasion.

Assassin in the Inn : Shadowdancer

Tsukiko (Pending)
Class Features
When creating an undead, add to it's armor the charisma modifier that person had in life. (meaning Tsukiko puts more loving effort into it when the undead promises to be "beautiful")

So? Any thoughts for other characters?

I think :roy: could go to Bearer of the Ancestral Weapon.

Comments and criticism are welcome.

Special Thanks to monty for making the PrC of Sexy Shoeless God of War

monty
2007-12-27, 06:57 PM
Doesn't BotAW require caster levels, though? Doesn't strike me as the kind of thing Roy would do.

EDIT: I should probably actually contribute something, shouldn't I?

:nale: Needlessly Overcomplicated Warrior Assassin Mage. To go along with his core class levels.

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:01 PM
please describe this Bloodthirtsy Stabbity Massacrer From Any Direction(or BSMfaD as I will now call it)

monty
2007-12-27, 07:06 PM
please describe this Bloodthirtsy Stabbity Massacrer From Any Direction(or BSMfaD as I will now call it)

Bloodthirsty - likes blood
Stabbity - stabs things
Massacrer - kills things
From any direction - whatever direction they are from him is good enough

Sounds like Belkar to me.

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:08 PM
I meant describe the class, not the name:smallannoyed:

monty
2007-12-27, 07:13 PM
Probably something that allows him to stab things from any direction. I mean, more than he already does.

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:16 PM
forget I asked:smallannoyed:
Any more prestige classes any OotS members might have?

bluish_wolf
2007-12-27, 07:16 PM
Haley should take "Guild Thief," since it would be a lot more convincing than that fake ID she had.

Heroic
2007-12-27, 07:20 PM
I meant describe the class, not the name:smallannoyed:

The class are still not created, that's why I made this thead: to discuss on the class itself. Of course the classes themselves are likely to be created ( like monty's contribution :smallbiggrin: )
They shouldn't be real, of course, it could be like Belkar's. But if you DO find a real Prestige Class to fit any character (I mean any, could be even the Bandana Paladin :smalltongue: ) I enourage you to post them here.

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:26 PM
thank you for answering my question.
I would make it but I wouldn't know where to start (don't play D&D)

bluish_wolf
2007-12-27, 07:31 PM

We are making them up whole cloth, you don't need to know the rules.

Heroic
2007-12-27, 07:33 PM

I do kow the rules and stuff of D&D, but about my gaming exprience = 0!

Ok, maybe we couldmake them bluish wolf, can you lend us a hand?

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:35 PM
how about I make classes in something other than D&D form(favorite is ES Oblivion)

[EDIT] My D&D knowhow is <=0(less than or equal to nothing)

Heroic
2007-12-27, 07:38 PM
Could be...

Oh, d I just checked, there's another Prestige Class, the Assasin in the Inn who is a Shadowdancer

no one special
2007-12-27, 07:51 PM
just 'kuz I can, Oblivion BSMfaD
Class Name:BSMfaD
Specialization:stealth or combat(you pick)
Favored Attributes:strength, agility
Major Skills:blade, sneak(as much as x6 damage), marksman(throwing stuff), light armer, restoration(healing and buffs), alchemy(poisons), security(for lack of a 7th skill)

Heroic
2007-12-27, 08:27 PM
Mmmm... I'm tying to think about a Durkon Prestige Class...

bubba0077
2007-12-27, 08:57 PM
Could be...

Oh, d I just checked, there's another Prestige Class, the Assasin in the Inn who is a Shadowdancer

Shadowdancer is a real class (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/35/sovelior_sage/shadowdancer.html) though.

Forealms
2007-12-27, 09:09 PM
Mmmm... I'm tying to think about a Durkon Prestige Class...

How about Duty-Driven Slightly-Uptight-and-Overbearing Prestige Class?

no one special
2007-12-27, 10:57 PM
How about Duty-Driven Slightly-Uptight-and-Overbearing Prestige Class?

sounds kinda like a paladin to me, and yes, I know thats not a prestige class, it just sounds right

MK Kilmarnock
2007-12-27, 11:05 PM
Durkon: Steel-liver cleric.
Monster in the Dark: Boogeyman.
Vaarsuvius: Explosive Runemancer.
Xykon: Dominatrix (Kidding, kidding!)
Drizz't clone from the linear guild (forgot the name, though I was sure it was Drizz't spelt backwards.): Copyright infringer.
Roy: Overwhelmed leader.
Banjo: Banjluthu!

monty
2007-12-27, 11:17 PM
Shall I get to work writing out an official version of BSMfAD then? I'll try to have it by tomorrow (if you're in some other time zone, it's still Thursday here). No guarantees, though. I've been known to procrastinate. Speaking of which, I really should be getting back to my college essays...

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-28, 12:36 AM
Durkon - Invisible Dwarf (as in, he's almost never IN any of the comics, and when he is, he rarely does anything noteworthy. Special abilities include an inconsistent accent that causes confusion, lackluster personality that puts people to sleep, and invisibility - he really is in every comic, but he's hiding.)

Heroic
2007-12-28, 10:53 AM
Durkon - Invisible Dwarf (as in, he's almost never IN any of the comics, and when he is, he rarely does anything noteworthy. Special abilities include an inconsistent accent that causes confusion, lackluster personality that puts people to sleep, and invisibility - he really is in every comic, but he's hiding.)

Yet he isn't invisible when his armour goes CLANG CLANG CLANG!

OK, which Durkon Prestige Class do you prefer from all of the above?

NOTE: I will be gone a long time as my siggy says, so try to keep this thread up and keep posting ideas. I will try to post as many times as possible though, the only thing I ask is to keep this thread alive. Thanks

Zordrath
2007-12-28, 12:51 PM
I wonder why Belkar's prestige class is not called Sexy Shoeless God of War... :smalltongue:

Some things I think the respective characters should have in their class:

Miko: Immune to intimidation and persuasion.

Tsukiko: When creating an undead, add to it's armor the charisma modifier that person had in life. (meaning Tsukiko puts more loving effort into it when the undead promises to be "beautiful")

Belkar: Earns extra XP after a fight for each round he had a "kickass battle damaged look".

Redcloak: Obviously "Bearer of the Crimson Mantle", which forbids him to ever take his cloak off.

Nale: Gets a circumstance bonus equal to his intelligence modifier on every ability and on attacks as long as he does it while speaking a long, complicated villanous monologue.

Heroic
2007-12-28, 01:00 PM
I wonder why Belkar's prestige class is not called Sexy Shoeless God of War... :smalltongue:

Some things I think the respective characters should have in their class:

Miko: Immune to intimidation and persuasion.

Tsukiko: When creating an undead, add to it's armor the charisma modifier that person had in life. (meaning Tsukiko puts more loving effort into it when the undead promises to be "beautiful")

Belkar: Earns extra XP after a fight for each round he had a "kickass battle damaged look".

Redcloak: Obviously "Bearer of the Crimson Mantle", which forbids him to ever take his cloak off.

Nale: Gets a circumstance bonus equal to his intelligence modifier on every ability and on attacks as long as he does it while speaking a long, complicated villanous monologue.

Oooo. love that stuff! Gonna add them right now! :smallamused:

monty
2007-12-28, 01:46 PM

Sounds like the Evil Mastermind (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51026) template, but as a prestige class.

Still working on Belkar's class...I'll get it eventually.

Zordrath
2007-12-28, 02:42 PM
I haven't seen the Mastermind Template before, but that's really perfect Nale material there ^^

monty
2007-12-28, 06:44 PM
Hey look, I'm done (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3719620#post3719620). Opinions are welcome.

Heroic
2007-12-28, 08:01 PM
hey monty its really cool! Can I add it here (of course you'll be given credit :smallbiggrin: )

monty
2007-12-28, 08:28 PM
I'm fine with that. I thought it might be better to make a new thread for it, though.

Heroic
2007-12-29, 10:18 AM
I'm gonna update the stuff on Sexy Shoeless God of War

Rayzin
2007-12-29, 10:49 AM
:miko: bitch with stick up her ass!

Heroic
2007-12-29, 10:57 AM
:miko: bitch with stick up her ass!

hehe.. could be.. I'm waiting for something more "formal"... hehe :smallwink:

Zordrath
2007-12-29, 11:09 AM
Zealot/Chosen/Martyr of the Twelve Gods? (Prestige classes normally have no negative meaning, and Miko surely wouldn't choose one that insulted her :P )

monty
2007-12-29, 02:23 PM
How about Altruistic Thief or something like that for :haley: ? Since she's doing all of this to help someone else.

#Raptor
2007-12-30, 11:08 AM
Add immunity to common sense to :miko: 's list of class features. :smallwink:

Kish
2007-12-30, 11:19 AM
How about Altruistic Thief or something like that for :haley: ? Since she's doing all of this to help someone else.
She's still almost derangement-level greedy.

ikrase
2008-03-20, 12:09 AM
Roy: Tactics Fighter
Prerequs:
:roy:
No Arcane Caster levels. No more than 4 divine caster levels. Str 16+, Int 16+, Combat Reflexes, Weapon Foucus, Specilization, Knowledge (anything) 5 ranks total

Gains a bounus to AC or Attack equal to Int Bounus provided he is using SOME kind of tactis.