PDA

View Full Version : You can buy books in PDF?

cupkeyk
2007-12-28, 12:01 PM
Hi, I live in the Philippines and DnD sources here tend to be delayed. I have been waiting for Exemplars of Evil for some time and it has not come. I asked my bookstore if they will carry it, (they buy it in the US and carry a few copies here) and they said no. They say that since 4e is coming out May, there isn't a real market for the later splatbooks. I seem to be getting the drift that people can buy PDF books. Where can one do this? Is Exemplars of Evil available?

AKA_Bait
2007-12-28, 12:05 PM
This store (http://rpgnet.rpgnow.com/)sells .pdf copies of things. I'm not sure if they have Exemplars of Evil though.

Serenity
2007-12-28, 12:19 PM
Also try drivethrurpg.com

cupkeyk
2007-12-28, 12:26 PM
Sigh, Exemplars of Evil is in neither of those. But thanks anyway.

osyluth
2007-12-28, 12:27 PM
You can often get D&D books at the library. Just check it out and type it onto a Microsoft Word file and there you go.

BardicDuelist
2007-12-28, 12:32 PM
You can often get D&D books at the library. Just check it out and type it onto a Microsoft Word file and there you go.

Let's not encourage copyright enfringement on a forum owned by somone who has written for the company upon whose copyrights you are suggesting they enfringe.

cupkeyk
2007-12-28, 12:32 PM
This is the Philippines AKA third world paragon. T_T

Our libraries can barely stock schoolbooks let alone D&D books. Filipino libraries purchase from the same stores as Filipinos, so no Exemplars of Evil for anyone.

Tura
2007-12-28, 01:08 PM
Let's not encourage copyright enfringement on a forum owned by somone who has written for the company upon whose copyrights you are suggesting they enfringe.
Fair enough.
But also, let's NOT assume that US laws on copyright infringement apply internationally. In many countries, copying anything you want from a public library is completely legal - so long as you don't use the copied material for commercial purposes. [As it should be IMHO, but maybe that's just me...] I don't know what the law in Philippines says on the matter, and until I find out... I wouldn't start throwing accusations. :smallsmile:

Sorry I don't have anything useful on the subject, cupkeyk, I can only wish you good luck.

Lady Tialait
2007-12-28, 01:10 PM
that makes me sad, I love EoE, have gotten alot of use out of it. I don't know how you can get that book...I just kinda found it (I live in the USA..so ya'know..it was easy to get it)

Fhaolan
2007-12-28, 03:12 PM
Can you buy it through Amazon, have it shipped? I don't know what the shipping rules are, so this may be useless for you. Or, send money to one of the many forum-goers here in the States to buy it and ship it to you. I'm sure someone here will be willing to do that for you.

Xuincherguixe
2007-12-29, 03:30 AM
I don't know about this particular book, but it wouldn't surprise if it was available as a pdf.

I got a few Shadowrun books awhile back and I'm really happy with them. The best part is, I could send them to people I'm playing with over the net so they aren't forced to buy all the same books.

Cuddly
2007-12-29, 03:32 AM
I'm not that big a fan of Exemplars of Evil, myself. If you like pre-made modules, it's good. Otherwise....

kpenguin
2007-12-29, 03:34 AM
There are several books available for free downloading on Scribd, but not Exemplars of Evil.