PDA

View Full Version : Mechas, etc

merrja666
2007-12-28, 01:56 PM
I have been thinking about how to make a Mecha in the D&D universe.I think that if you first get an Iron Golem, and use the Effigy Master PrC to make it an Iron Golem Effigy out of the shell of the original Iron Golem, (so it has the same Spell Immunity), you can get a nice Mecha.

Repeating Crossbows with the bonus that gives it the extradimesional space for more ammuntion for weapons, and the Explosive bonus is useful, but if you Summon a couple of small Elementals, Geas/Quest them so that they are forced to reload the Crossbows, and it seems to work. They are shoulder-mounted of course.

Meh, it probably is full of errors, but I like the idea..

ALOR
2007-12-28, 02:15 PM
I really like your idea, however if you are intrested several books have been published on meka in D&D, Iron Kingdoms and Dragonmech are both good examples of these.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-12-28, 02:42 PM
I'm playing in a game like this (Eberron With Giant Robots, look it up on the PbP boards). The way Magnus_Samma did it, they're just basically really good suits of armor that increase your effective size and have their own hitpoints that you need to get through before damaging the pilot. It's a simple system (and the equivalent of giving us hundreds of thousands of gold pieces of equipment right off the bat), but it works when you factor the equipment into CR calculations as a few extra levels.

ALOR
2007-12-28, 02:44 PM
I'm playing in a game like this (Eberron With Giant Robots, look it up on the PbP boards). The way Magnus_Samma did it, they're just basically really good suits of armor that increase your effective size and have their own hitpoints that you need to get through before damaging the pilot. It's a simple system (and the equivalent of giving us hundreds of thousands of gold pieces of equipment right off the bat), but it works when you factor the equipment into CR calculations as a few extra levels.

oh, now thats a great idea as well. I take it the only bonuses to your ability scores are thru size then?