PDA

View Full Version : Virus Type

Lolzords
2007-12-28, 03:30 PM
In my dungeons and dragons campaign the basic story is, a virus infects creatures making them stronger and faster but lose all trace of human (think a bio experiment gone wrong) and I was just wondering, what type would the monsters be?

At first, I was thinking undead, but then I thought "well, they're not actually dead, just infected" so what type would you say they would be?

Duke of URL
2007-12-28, 03:31 PM
Monstrous humanoid? Aberrations?

Mad Wizard
2007-12-28, 03:35 PM
You could just make it a template and leave them as humanoids, or perhaps monstrous humanoids. How much does it change their outward appearance?

Telonius
2007-12-28, 03:37 PM
Sounds to me like a Template, not a change in type. Base creature becomes Mindless (immune to mind-affecting effects, charms, compulsions, etc), Wis and Cha reset to 10 (or base creature, whichever is lowest), creature gets +2 or +4 to STR, +10 to base speed.

NotCC
Give them the Feral template. +STR and CON -INT and makes them monsterous humanoid I think.

Indon
Aberrations, Subtype (Original Type), in my opinion.

Inyssius Tor
2007-12-28, 04:28 PM
Yeah, Aberration (Augmented Whatever) is about right here.

As for the virus itself (and I clicked on this thread because I thought that was the question)-- I'm not sure. I guess it would get Aberration (Swarm), because it's not a natural virus, but then what would a normal virus be? Vermin?

Fixer
2007-12-28, 04:33 PM
Technically viruses are diseases. There are no stats for diseases outside of fort save DC, incubation time, and ability damage. A mobile, unintelligent disease would be an ooze (fine) swarm of some sort.

Lolzords
2007-12-28, 06:54 PM
I've decided to go with abberation, thanks guys.

The guy who made the virus was trying to edit DNA to make people stronger, faster, healthier and smarter. (Essentially +2 to everything) but it went horribly wrong and infected a bunch of people and now the whole city is in quarantine.

Basically those infected become stronger, faster and healthier, but lose trace of humanity and only have the instinct to feed. I only called them "virus" in fact of I couldn't think of anything better to call them.

Anyway, thanks guys.