PDA

View Full Version : Help Rolling a Jade Phoenix Mage

Gungnir
2007-12-28, 03:48 PM
Alrighty! I would like to make a JPM for this game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67963), ECL 20. My problems are threefold:
1. I have little/no experience with high level characters.
2. I have no/little experience with casters.
3. I suck at cheese.

Keeping problem #2 in mind, I'd like to keep the build as melee focused as possible. Otherwise, I don't really care, as long as I get to say:

"Congratulations everybody! That was the last encounter! See you in 1d6 rounds after you kick the everliving crap out of each other!"

*plays an air guitar solo*

*Explode*

By the way, that was in a Limozeen accent.

Anyone want to help?

Gralamin
2007-12-28, 10:04 PM
Melee as possible?
Wizard 3/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1.
Warblade gives you the excellent INT synergy. Unfortunately you only only receive level 8 spells with this build, and require the following feats: Combat Casting. This also gives you 9th level maneuvers (according to the rules, though your DM may not agree. There is some debate as to whether "in most cases" means unless otherwise noted, or just for the PrCs in Tome of Battle.)
Feat Progression:
[1]Combat Casting
[3]Free Feat X
[6]Free Feat Y
[9]Free Feat Z
[12]Free Feat Alpha
[15]Free Feat Beta
[18]Free Feat Delta

Or

Wizard 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1.
You still get 9th level maneuvers, as well as 9th level spells. Unfortunately you need to be proficient with a martial weapon (requiring you to be an elf, or waste a feat), as well as requiring you to take Martial Study twice, and martial Stance once. I would personally be a Human, and use a progression like thus:
[h]Martial Study
[1]Martial Study
[3]Martial Stance
[6]Martial Weapon Proficiency
[9]Combat Casting
[12]Free Feat X
[15]Free Feat Y
[18]Free Feat Z

This is just a guideline, your free to pick any sort of thing you want.

Important Wizard spells: Time Stop, Contingency, Shapechange, Gate, and (if allowed) celerity.

Kaelik
2007-12-28, 10:09 PM
Wizard 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1.
You still get 9th level maneuvers, as well as 9th level spells.

Problem: Maneuver pre-reqs. Good luck getting any of them when you have only two maneuvers before you get to Warblade 1.

Gralamin
2007-12-28, 10:39 PM
Problem: Maneuver pre-reqs. Good luck getting any of them when you have only two maneuvers before you get to Warblade 1.

Edit: Misunderstood
See: Jade Phoenix Mage for the pre-reqs.

Kaelik
2007-12-28, 11:01 PM
Edit: Misunderstood
See: Jade Phoenix Mage for the pre-reqs.

Problem +1 Maneuver progression doesn't help when you have no maneuver progression to advance.

Gralamin
2007-12-29, 12:20 AM
Problem +1 Maneuver progression doesn't help when you have no maneuver progression to advance.

Counter: 9th level Stone dragon has no prerequisite, and he has open feats to meet the prerequisites of other things.

I guess If he wanted to, he could go

Wizard 3/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 4/Wizard 1/Warblade 1.
That Would fix most problems, and leave him with 9th level in both, but he'll lose Martial Arcanist. Then Again, with a BAB of 19 (18 in the changed version above), he would just lose one caster level. Yeah use this build.

Notes: See if you can get a Abjuration version of Mage Armor, Preferably with Range: Personal. Grab Persistent Spell, have a persistent Shield spell on you (I Think they both qualify), and if possible the above mentioned Mage Armor (Unless Touch counts as fixed range? If so normal Mage Armor would work).
This will give you +16 AC, For Free. It lasts 24 hours, and you don't have to worry about armor.

Kaelik
2007-12-29, 12:55 AM
Wizard 3/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 4/Wizard 1/Warblade 1.
That Would fix most problems, and leave him with 9th level in both, but he'll lose Martial Arcanist. Then Again, with a BAB of 19 (18 in the changed version above), he would just lose one caster level. Yeah use this build.

If you can qualify for all those PrCs then you should just make that last Wizard level an Abjurant Champion level, it's not giving you anything as is.

Also, you'll lose more then one CL. You have two levels of Warblade as is, and I don't think Jade Pheonix Mage gives full advancement. So you might not even have 9th level spells.

Gralamin
2007-12-29, 01:15 AM
If you can qualify for all those PrCs then you should just make that last Wizard level an Abjurant Champion level, it's not giving you anything as is.

Also, you'll lose more then one CL. You have two levels of Warblade as is, and I don't think Jade Pheonix Mage gives full advancement. So you might not even have 9th level spells.

:smalleek:

Wizard 3/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1
3 From Wizard
8 From Jade Phoenix
5 from Abjurant Champion
I need one more, which would only be gained by Kicking out a warblade level somewhere. Drat. I don't think Practiced spell caster would help. Oh Well :smallfrown:

Edit: Though you know...
Wizard 4/Warblade 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
CL
4 from Wizard
8 From Jade
5 from Abjurant
= 17, Theres 9th level spells

IL
2 from Wizard
1 From Warblade
5 From Abjurant Champion
10 From Jade Phoenix
= 18, Theres 9th level Maneuvers, and Jade Phoenix to grab the maneuvers.

Alternatively, If your an Elf...
Wizard 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
CL No Different, But You can grab higher level maneuvers (Maybe) with your Warblade Level.

Kaelik
2007-12-29, 01:39 AM
Yeah, I think with Martial characters, if you are skipping straight to 20, might as well just go ahead and put those levels on last to get the best maneuvers.

Wordmiser
2007-12-29, 01:46 AM
Wizard 4/Warblade 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
CL
4 from Wizard
8 From Jade
5 from Abjurant
= 17, Theres 9th level spells

Keep this (basically) but ditch Warblade in favor of Crusader. A Reflex Save bonus isn't going to be important. Easy Devoted Spirit qualification will.

To make it legal, maybe Wiz4/Cru1/JPM 2/AbjCh 5/JPM 8

And Crusaders' recovery mechanic is beautiful when Prestige classing.

Edit:

Alternatively, If your an Elf...
Wizard 4/Abjurant Champion 5/Warblade 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 10
CL No Different, But You can grab higher level maneuvers (Maybe) with your Warblade Level.Elf Wizards have 1.25 Base Attack per level?

Kaelik
2007-12-29, 02:07 AM
Yeah, I think Gramilin needs to work on those pre-reqs.

MammonAzrael
2007-12-29, 02:21 AM
Here is one I was working on in the Character Creation thread, but never heard much back on:

Human Character:

Class/Level|BAB|Fort|Ref|Will|Special
Duskblade 1|+1|+2|+0|+2|Arcane Attunement, Armored Mage(Light)
Duskblade 2|+2|+2|+0|+2|Combat Casting
Duskblade 3|+3|+3|+1|+3|Arcane Channeling(Standard Action)
Duskblade 4|+4|+3|+1|+3|Armored Mage(Medium)
Duskblade 5|+5|+4|+1|+4|Quick Cast 1/day
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1|+6/+1|+6|+1|+4|Furious Counterstrike, Steely Resolve 5
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 1|+7/+2|+8|+1|+4|Arcane Wrath, Rite of Walking
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 2|+8/+3|+9|+1|+4|Mystic Phoenix Stance, +1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 3|+9/+4|+9|+2|+5|+1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 4|+10/+5|+10|+2|+5|Empowering Strike, +1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 5|+11/+6/+1|+10|+2|+5|+1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 6|+12/+7/+2|+11|+3|+6|Firebird Stance, Jade Phoenix Master
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 7|+13/+8/+3|+11|+3|+6|+1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 8|+14/+9/+4|+12|+3|+6|Quickening Strike, +1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 9|+15/+10/+5|+12|+4|+7|+1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 5/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 10|+16/+11/+6/+1|+13|+4|+7|Emerald Immolation, +1 Lv to Arcane Spellcasting Class
Duskblade 6/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 10|+17/+12/+7/+2|+14|+5|+8|Spell Power +2
Duskblade 7/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 10|+18/+13/+8/+3|+14|+5|+8|Armored Mage (Heavy Shields)
Duskblade 8/Crusader 1/Jade Phoenix Adept 10|+19/+14/+9/+4|+15|+5|+9|--
Duskblade 8/Crusader 2/Jade Phoenix Adept 10|+20/+15/+10/+5|+16|+5|+9|Indomitable Soul

Feats and Maneuvers:

Level|Feat|Man. Known|Man. Readied|Stances
DB1|Martial Study: Burning Blade, Power Attack|1|1|--
DB2|--|1|1|--
DB3|Versatile Spellcaster|1|1|--
DB4|--|1|1|--
DB5|--|1|1|--
DB5/Cr1|Extra Granted Manuevers|1/5|1/5(3)|1
DB5/Cr1/JP1|--|1/6|1/5(3)|1
DB5/Cr1/JP2|--|1/6|1/5(3)|1
DB5/Cr1/JP3|Knowledge Devotion|1/7|1/6(3)|1
DB5/Cr1/JP4|--|1/7|1/6(3)|1
DB5/Cr1/JP5|--|1/8|1/6(3)|2
DB5/Cr1/JP6|Practiced Spellcaster|1/8|1/7(3)|2
DB5/Cr1/JP7|--|1/9|1/7(3)|2
DB5/Cr1/JP8|--|1/9|1/7(3)|2
DB5/Cr1/JP9|Open|1/10|1/8(3)|2
DB5/Cr1/JP10|--|1/10|1/8(3)|2
DB6/Cr1/JP10|--|1/10|1/8(3)|2
DB7/Cr1/JP10|Open|1/10|1/8(3)|2
DB8/Cr1/JP10|--|1/10|1/8(3)|2
DB8/Cr2/JP10|--|1/10|1/8(3)|3

Martial Powers|Given by
Burning Blade(boost)|Martial Study
Crusader's Strike(stirke)|Crusader Lv1
Foehammer(strike)|Crusader Lv1
Mountain Strike(strike)|Crusader Lv1
Shield Block(counter)|Crusader Lv1
Stone Bones(strike)|Crusader Lv1
Marital Spirit(stance)|Crusader Lv 1
Fire Riposte(counter)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 1
Death Mark(strike)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 3
Divine Surge(strike)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 5
Holocaust Cloak(stance)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 5
Leaping Flame(counter)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 7
Ring of Fire(strike)|Jade Phoenix Adept Lv 9
Immortal Fortitude(stance)|Crusader Lv 2

One of the only helpful things pointed out was that Devoted Spirit was probably a better path to focus on than Desert Wind, but I don't have access to ToB at the moment, so I can't update what I'd take. I'd also switch out the Martial Study feat at 1st lv for something else, but I'm not sure what.

This is, obviously, a very melee oriented build, with a dash of casting. Most of your spells will power Arcane Strike, or be delivered through your weapon. This build can wear Medium armor (or heavy if made of Mithril) with no chance of arcane spell failure. Indomitable Soul with a base Fortitude save of +16 at lv 20, plus Emerald Immolation, means he will be extremely hard to kill with save or die effects.

Spell wise the build only gets to a lv 16 Duskblade, so it only has access to 4th lv spells. I'd look here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=837888) for good suggestions on which spells to learn.

If this helps, I'll work more on the maneuvers!

ErrantX
2007-12-29, 03:10 PM
Well, I'll give you a few options:

Melee Oriented Jade Phoenix Mage / Mo9

Human Warblade 5 / Wizard 1 / Abjurant Champion 2 / Jade Phoenix Mage 7 / Master of Nine 5

Just make sure you take at least 1 from each of the Warblade disciplines and from the JPM disciplines, and you can put together a gish with a decent amount of maneuvers and 4th level magic with a +17 attack bonus.

If you want a few more spells and less in the way of maneuvers, then I present:

Human Swordsage 7 / Wiz 1 /Abjurant Champion 2 / Jade Phoenix Mage 10

Still get a +17 base attack, but caster level 11 instead. Take practiced spellcaster in there and raise it to 15. Both builds require Combat Casting, and the first build requires the feats for MoN as well, obv.

-X

Fax Celestis
2007-12-29, 03:15 PM
Duskblade 5/Warblade 1/Abjurant Champion 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10. Int-casting, Int-maneuvering, IL 15 (8th level Devoted Spirit/Desert Wind maneuvers), CL 19 (5th level Duskblade spells), BAB +20, 15d8+1d12+4d10+20*Con HP at the end of it. Burn things, smash things, cure yourself, and attach spells with the Smiting Spell feat from PHB-II to get spells and maneuvers in one blow.

You could probably drop two AbCham levels for Warblade levels. That'd swap you over to IL 17, CL 17, BAB +20. 5th level Duskblade spells, 9th level Devoted Spirit/Desert Wind maneuvers, full BAB, and 15d8+3d12+2d10+(20*Con) (AKA 98+20*CON average) HP.

Either way, you get to keep your Emerald Immolation.

Arbitrarity
2007-12-29, 03:26 PM
The classic in my mind is Wizard 5/Warblade 1/JPM 2/AbjChamp 4/JPM 8.

Mix and match JPM and AbjChamp to taste, and move around the wizard and warblade levels as well.

Remember that you need to be level 6 before qualifying for JPM, as it requires 9 ranks in concentration.

BAB +17, CL 17. IL 15. I recommend focus on Devoted Spirit for your JPM levels.

If you absolutely need Strike of Righteous Vitality, maybe Wizard 4/Warblade 2/JPM 8/Warblade 4/JPM 2. It takes massive hits in spellcasting though, but BAB +18, CL 10, IL 18.

Excellent point above, actually. The minor INT synergy in these builds is weak compared to the usefulness of the Crusader recovery mechanic, and the qualification. Also, switching out a wizard level in the first build for a Crusader level much improves the manuvers.

Wordmiser
2007-12-29, 03:31 PM
Duskblade 5/Warblade 1/Abjurant Champion 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10. Int-casting, Int-maneuvering, I think far too much attention's being given to the Intelligence-to-Reflex Save feature of the Warblade. Only Swordsage Maneuvers promote MAD in a character; both Warblade and Crusader abilities are basically independent of mental stats.

The Crusader's a better choice in nearly all respects--it has an almost flawless recovery mechanic once it takes levels in a Prestige class and it doesn't have to waste JPM maneuvers known on entry-level strikes and stances.

And if you're making a full Base Attack Duskblade-based build, Duskblade 4/Crusader 1/Abjurant Champion 5/JPM 10 would be a better build all-around (higher effective Caster Level never hurt anybody).

Triaxx
2007-12-29, 03:35 PM
Question: Why the split levels? For example:

Why so far apart? Is it a secret I'm missing because I lack TOB?

Fax Celestis
2007-12-29, 03:37 PM
I think far too much attention's being given to the Intelligence-to-Reflex Save feature of the Warblade. Only Swordsage Maneuvers promote MAD in a character; both Warblade and Crusader abilities are basically independent of mental stats.

The Crusader's a better choice in nearly all respects--it has an almost flawless recovery mechanic once it takes levels in a Prestige class and it doesn't have to waste JPM maneuvers known on entry-level strikes and stances.

And if you're making a full Base Attack Duskblade-based build, Duskblade 4/Crusader 1/Abjurant Champion 5/JPM 10 would be a better build all-around (higher effective Caster Level never hurt anybody).

True enough. Crusader'd probably be just as good a replacement, though I'd go Duskblade 4/Crusader 1/Spellthief 1/Abjurant Champion 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10 and take the Master Spellthief feat so I could have spellthieving. But that's probably just me.

Kaelik
2007-12-29, 03:43 PM
BAB +17, CL 17. IL 15. I recommend focus on Devoted Spirit for your JPM levels.

Actually, the IL level would be 17. +1 for all non-Wizard levels, +2 for 5 Wizard levels.

The reason is because IL progresses even when you aren't taking levels that progress it. It's hard to explain, but for example:

Warblade 5/Wizard 15 would get up to level 3 maneuvers.

Wizard 15/Warblade 5 would get up to level 6 maneuvers.

Arbitrarity
2007-12-29, 03:51 PM
Oh, right, you're advocating the "full IL progression for all PrC's". I think mine is a more reasonable position, but sure, if you can pull it off.

Actually, for a bit more manuver focus, Wizard 4/Crusader 2/JPM 1/AbjChamp 4/JPM 9. It's get much better manuvering, and if you use Kaelik's interpretation, you get Strike of Righteous Vitality (FTW). You also get The nice Aura of (alignment) stance. I recommend law over chaos, but they're both pretty nice. Good is OK, not great IMO.

Draz74
2007-12-29, 03:58 PM

Why so far apart? Is it a secret I'm missing because I lack TOB?

Main reason is just that the PrCs are a higher priority for the character concept than the base classes are. So, one level of Warblade to qualify for the PrCs, and another level after the PrCs are full.

Wordmiser
2007-12-29, 04:01 PM
Main reason is just that the PrCs are a higher priority for the character concept than the base classes are. So, one level of Warblade to qualify for the PrCs, and another level after the PrCs are full.Since he's jumping to 20th level, that's irrelevant. The real reason is the Initiator Level that Kaelik mentioned. That's also why most of these builds have the majority of their JPM levels placed as late as possible in the character progression.

renevq
2007-12-29, 04:23 PM
How about:

Human Crusader 1/Bard 7/JPM 2/Sublime Chord 2/JPM 8

BAB: +17
Initiator Level: 15
Caster Level: 17

Feats:
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Arcane Strike
Song of The White Raven
Martial Stance (Aura of Chaos)
Extra Granted Maneuver
Weapon Finesse

Stances:
Level 1
Martial Spirit
Level 15
Any

Maneuvers:
Level 1
Crusader's Strike, Stone Bones, Charging Minotaur, Douse the Flames, Leading the Attack
Level 9
Flashing Sun
Level 13
Searing Blade
Level 15
Revitalizing Strike
Level 17
Rallying Strike
Level 19
Inferno Blade

Maneuvers Readied: Flashing Sun, Inferno Blade, Searing Blade, Rallying Strike, Revitalizing Strike, Crusader's Strike, any other 2.

Weapons: Any 2 +5 light weapons of Speed and collision

Tactics:
Song of the White Raven lets you use inspire courage as a swift action, and stacks crusader and bard levels for bonus, so that is +2 to hit, which offsets TWF, and +2 damage

Use Arcane Strike, not Arcane Wrath. Arcane Strike applies to all attacks in 1 round and is a free action (not swift), so, use a 9th level spell, Flashing sun and Inferno Blade to get 10 attacks, each at + 12 + 15 fire + 3d6 + 9d4 + Str damage. Searing Blade subtracts 1d6 fire from that. Use Aura of Chaos to reroll all those dice. Since you have 2 maneuvers witheld, you can basically use this tactic every 2 out of 3 rounds.If you want, also use firebird stance to deal extra damage each turn. You have enough healing maneuvers to make you last a nice amount of time, at the end of which you immolate yourself, rinse and repeat. For added twist, change the damage type in the Desert Wind school. The mongoose series of maneuvers from the Tiger Claw school would be nice, but JPM does not give you access to them.

Fax Celestis
2007-12-29, 04:33 PM
How about:

Human Crusader 1/Bard 7/JPM 2/Sublime Chord 2/JPM 8

BAB: +17
Initiator Level: 15
Caster Level: 17

Feats:
Two Weapon Fighting
Improved Two Weapon Fighting
Greater Two Weapon Fighting
Arcane Strike
Song of The White Raven
Martial Stance (Aura of Chaos)
Extra Granted Maneuver
Weapon Finesse

Stances:
Level 1
Martial Spirit
Level 15
Any

Maneuvers:
Level 1
Crusader's Strike, Stone Bones, Charging Minotaur, Douse the Flames, Leading the Attack
Level 9
Flashing Sun
Level 13
Searing Blade
Level 15
Revitalizing Strike
Level 17
Rallying Strike
Level 19
Inferno Blade

Maneuvers Readied: Flashing Sun, Inferno Blade, Searing Blade, Rallying Strike, Revitalizing Strike, Crusader's Strike, any other 2.

Weapons: Any 2 +5 light weapons of Speed and collision

Tactics:
Song of the White Raven lets you use inspire courage as a swift action, and stacks crusader and bard levels for bonus, so that is +2 to hit, which offsets TWF, and +2 damage

Use Arcane Strike, not Arcane Wrath. Arcane Strike applies to all attacks in 1 round and is a free action (not swift), so, use a 9th level spell, Flashing sun and Inferno Blade to get 10 attacks, each at + 12 + 15 fire + 3d6 + 9d4 + Str damage. Searing Blade subtracts 1d6 fire from that. Use Aura of Chaos to reroll all those dice. Since you have 2 maneuvers witheld, you can basically use this tactic every 2 out of 3 rounds.If you want, also use firebird stance to deal extra damage each turn. You have enough healing maneuvers to make you last a nice amount of time, at the end of which you immolate yourself, rinse and repeat. For added twist, change the damage type in the Desert Wind school. The mongoose series of maneuvers from the Tiger Claw school would be nice, but JPM does not give you access to them.

Why're you spending a feat on Aura of Chaos when you can just pick it up with your JPM levels?

renevq
2007-12-29, 04:41 PM
You're right, exchange one level of bard for one of crusader, the first 2 levels of JPM, get you to effective level 7, so you still meet prereqs for sublime chord. Lowers caster level to 16, but that doesn't matter because you still get level 9 spells from sublime chord, and you'll be using them for arcane strike anyhoo. Use feat however you want. Although if I may, if your NPC can be good, I'd recommend words of creation. Take 3d6 nonlethal damage and increase inspire courage bonus to +4. Knowledge Devotion would also be good.

Thanks for pointing it out.

renevq
2007-12-29, 05:06 PM
Another thing you can do is take 2 flaws. Use them to take both level 1 Iron Heart Maneuvers (you won't be using them anyways). Instead of weapon finesse, take Ironheart aura. Now use the feat you have left for Stormguard Warrior. So, use Flashing Sun and the combat rhythm function of Stormguard Warrior to get 10 touch attacks that deal no damage. Next turn, you get 9 attacks, each dealing Weapon Damage + 75 + 3d6 +9d4 +STR (reroll and add max dice).

Wordmiser
2007-12-29, 05:23 PM
How about:
Also, delay your Crusader Levels until After your Bard levels. That way you get higher level maneuvers.

Just to throw a few more options out there (admittedly not well thought out, but they might spark ideas in other people):

Dwarf Wizard 4/Crusader 1/Runesmith 2/JPM 2/Abjurant Champion 3/JPM 8

Send your AC through the roof before realizing that the Crusader isn't the Dwarf's favored class (though it really should be, if only to branch the gap between the commonplace Dwarf Clerics and the WotC-fluff Dwarf Fighters)

Human Battle Sorcerer 4/Crusader 1/Spellsword 4/Jade Phoenix Mage 10/Crusader 1

Channel Spells and Strike simulataneously. Crappy with both the spells and strikes, though.

Human Wu Jen 4/Crusader 1/JPM 2/AC 3/JPM 8

Wu Jen spells are different... slightly less powerful, slightly more Gish-friendly. You might ask your DM's approval to add some splatbook Wizard Spells to the Wu Jen list.

Illumian Feat Rogue (Fighter Feat variant) 1/Beguiler 1/Crusader 3/Chameleon 2/JPM 10/Crusader 3

Take Earth Spell but advance your Chameleon spellcasting. With partial BA rules, this gets 18/20 BA, sixth level spells from any list at CL 20 and IL 18.

Gralamin
2007-12-29, 06:45 PM
Elf Wizards have 1.25 Base Attack per level?
I feel stupid for missing the BAB bonus requirement. :smalleek:

Another thing you can do is take 2 flaws. Use them to take both level 1 Iron Heart Maneuvers (you won't be using them anyways). Instead of weapon finesse, take Ironheart aura. Now use the feat you have left for Stormguard Warrior. So, use Flashing Sun and the combat rhythm function of Stormguard Warrior to get 10 touch attacks that deal no damage. Next turn, you get 9 attacks, each dealing Weapon Damage + 75 + 3d6 +9d4 +STR (reroll and add max dice).

If you check the thread he linked in the first post, Unearthed Arcana is not allowed. Thus no Flaws.

renevq
2007-12-30, 02:03 AM
Oh well, ces't la vie.

If you're going for uber cheese, might I suggest this non-gish build? I just spent 2 hours making it, and just realized its gonna be banned in the campaign I'm playing

Sublime Ranger can be found here (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=738077).

Wood Elf Sublime Ranger 5/Revenant Blade 5/Bloodclaw Master 5/Sublime Ranger 4/Barbarian 1

Take Steel Hunter Tradition
Take Barbarian Lion Totem alternate class feature

Feats
Level 1: Bladebearer of the Valenar (PGtE)
Level 2(Bonus): TWF
Level 3: Weapon Focus (Double Scimitar)
Level 6: Power Attack
Level 9: Leap Attack (CA)
Level 12: Improved Bull Rush
Level 15: Shock Trooper (CW)
Level 16(Bonus): Improved TWF
Level 18: Battle Jump (Unapproachable East)

Virtual Feats(Revenant Blade): Improved Critical, Weapon Specialization

Stances:
Level 1 - Blood in the Water
Level 4 - Island of Blades
Level 20 - Balance on the Sky (use this one)

Maneuvers:
Level 1 - Wolf Fang Strike, Sudden Leap, Steel Wind
Level 2 - Clinging Shadow Strike
Level 3 - Cloak of Deception
Level 5 - Iron Heart Surge
Level 11- Death From Above
Level 13 - Pouncing Charge
Level 15 - Dancing Mongoose
Level 16 - Shadow Blink
Level 17 - Swap Wolf Fang Strike for Hamstring Attack
Level 18 - Raging Mongoose
Level 19 - Swap Death from Above for Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip

Maneuvers Readied: Girallon Windmill Flesh Rip, Raging Mongoose, Shadow Blink, Sudden Leap, Iron Heart Surge

Equipment: +5/+5 Berserker Valorous Double Scimitar of Speed 400,425gp, Improved Ring of Jumping 10,000gp. (Berserker and Valorous are in UE)
Custom Items: Ring of Jump (CL9) 18,000gp, Boots of Footsteps of the Divine (Farlanghn) 120,000gp.
Spend the rest as you wish. Only make sure to have at least 20 AC. You have 211,575gp left.

Tactics:Battle Jump says that if you drop from 5 feet above a target, you trigger a charge and deal double damage. Valorous weapons deal double damage on a charge. So so far we triple total damage. Leap Attack says that if we make a jumpthat clears 10 ft, you deal triple PA damage. Add triple damage from leap attack, double from valorous and double from Battle Jump,
and you get Power Attack Damage x5. This is already 2 for 1 beacuse Revenant Blade Allows you to treat both ends of the Double Scimitar as Two Handed, so you get 10:1 returns on Power Attack. Add this to 3x weapon damage, and Reduce your to hit by 20 (which translatesto your AC because of Shock Trooper) and you get:
3d8 + 221 + 4.5xSTR. PER ATTACK.
Lion Totem Barbarian gives you pounce, so with Raging Mongoose you get 12 attacks on the charge. You can do the rest of the math. Even if "only" the first 8 (the ones at full bonus) hit, that is still 24d8 + 1768 + 36xSTR damage. Assuming all 12 hit, we're talking 36d8 + 2652 + 54xSTR.
Balance on the sky lets you get on top of them, or your prodigious Jump (+83+str) lets you jump over them, or you can teleport with Shadow Blink. You have plenty of options.

Above all this, don't forget that you threaten a critical on a 15-20. If you are facing only medium opponents, jump is enough to get over them. Switch to Blood in the Water, and get +1 to hit and damage for each critical you hit.

Enjoy