PDA

View Full Version : Sexy Shoeless God of War (PrC for Belkar?)

monty
2007-12-28, 06:43 PM
Sexy Shoeless God of War (or, Bloodthirsty Stabbity Massacrer from Any Direction)

Hit Die
d10

Requirements:

Alignment
Any non-lawful and non-good

Base Attack Bonus
+5

Skills
Jump 5
Climb 3

Feats
Two-Weapon Fighting

Special
Ability to rage

Class Skills
Balance, Bluff, Intimidate, Jump, Listen, Ride, Spot, Tumble

Skill Points at Each Level
6 + Int modifier

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1 +1 +2 +2 +0 Random Slaughter
2 +2 +3 +3 +0
3 +3 +3 +3 +1 Improved Stabbing, Unleash the Fury
4 +4 +4 +4 +1 Kickass Battle Damaged Look
5 +5 +4 +4 +1
6 +6 +5 +5 +2 Death from Above
7 +7 +5 +5 +2
8 +8 +6 +6 +2 Trigger Happy
9 +9 +6 +6 +3 Mindless Fighting
10 +10 +7 +7 +3 Battle Cry

Class Features

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
A sexy shoeless god of war is proficient with all simple weapons and light armor.

Shoeless
If the sexy shoeless god of war wears any equipment on his feet, he loses all class features until the equipment is removed.

Stabbing
A sexy shoeless god of war gains no benefits from his class features in combat while fighting with any weapon other than a dagger.

Random Slaughter (Ex)
At 1st level, a sexy shoeless god of war is treated as having the Great Cleave feat while fighting multiple enemies with 1 HD each.

Improved Stabbing (Ex)
At 3rd level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the Improved Critical and Weapon Focus feats for daggers.

Unleash the Fury (Sp)
At 3rd level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the service of an unusually intelligent, strong, and loyal steed to serve him in hid quest for victory. This functions like a paladin's mount (use double the character's sexy shoeless god of war level in place of his paladin level), except that the mount is called from the Outer Plane corresponding to the character's alignment.

Kickass Battle Damaged Look (Ex)
At 4th level, whenever the sexy shoeless god of war becomes damaged, he gains a distinct outward appearance of the damage. As long as he maintains this look, he gains +2 to all attack rolls, +2 to all Intimidate rolls, and +2 appearance bonus to his AC. The look fades when he rests or receives magical healing.

Death from Above (Su)
At 6th level, a sexy shoeless god of war can fly at twice his base move speed while in combat. If he already has a fly speed, use whichever is faster.

Trigger Happy (Ex)
An 8th level sexy shoeless god of war can always act during a surprise round and is never flat-footed.

Mindless Fighting (Ex)
At 9th level, a sexy shoeless god of war gains the ability to sacrifice conscious thought in exchange for greater destruction. He may rage an additional 5 times per day, and each rage lasts to the end of that encounter. However, when the rage ends, he takes a cumulative -2 to Int and Wis until he rests.

Battle Cry (Sp)
At 10th level, the sexy shoeless god of war's battle cry has become so powerful that it brings death to those who hear it. As a spell-like ability, he may use Wail of the Banshee once per day, using his Charisma modifier to determine the save DC.
I'm trying to make it appropriate for Belkar, and at the same time realistic. Suggestions are welcome, and I'll make changes if I like your idea.

Rayzin
2007-12-28, 07:03 PM
Im making a Prestige class Sexy Shoeless God of War PC right now..

monty
2007-12-28, 07:07 PM
Hmm, could make a contest out of that. Everyone makes their own version, then have a poll or something to see which one is most popular.

Rayzin
2007-12-28, 07:12 PM
I completely forgot about the skills. I did mine with less specials to.. I didnt think it out alot

Heroic
2007-12-28, 07:59 PM
The poll is made and the winner gets added to my thead n Prestige Classes OK? :smallwink:

Rayzin
2007-12-28, 08:16 PM
I'd rather not.. Mine forgot alot of stuff.

monty
2007-12-28, 08:26 PM
Just add the stuff you forgot then. Come up with a few more bells and whistles if you need to (does anything actually have bells and whistles anymore?).

Rayzin
2007-12-28, 08:33 PM
Ill try but it will be horribly inbalanced with somethings

tenguro
2007-12-28, 08:52 PM
I like it but I'm trying to figure out were Belkar got tumble from. Rangers nor barbarians have tumble as class skills , although Rich could have added them since this is his homebrew world. You can't use tumble untrained, so I'm a liitle confused there but overall i like it.

monty
2007-12-28, 09:05 PM
I got Tumble from what it looked like he was doing here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html). I just assumed he cross-classed or something. Or maybe it's just for dramatic effect. I suppose I could take that off if it doesn't work.

tenguro
2007-12-28, 09:34 PM
I got Tumble from what it looked like he was doing here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0439.html). I just assumed he cross-classed or something. Or maybe it's just for dramatic effect. I suppose I could take that off if it doesn't work.

ah ok, yeah that looks like he is tumbling.

monty
2007-12-28, 10:22 PM
Well, now that I think about it, there's no evidence that Belkar has any ranks in Tumble, and I'm trying to make it an Incredibly Convenient PrC for him. Maybe I'll change it to Climb; he has to get on top of the pile of hobgoblin corpses somehow, and C&L G suggests he might have ranks in it.

TRM
2007-12-28, 10:30 PM
I have a couple thoughts:
1. Higher hit die (no dieing [sp?] on us SSGoW!)
2. Ride shouldn't be a class skill.
3. Maybe some greater rage-like thing (frenzy??), I dunno. A SSGoW strikes me as the type that would kill allies as easily as enemies.

monty
2007-12-28, 10:39 PM
But if there's no Ride, how can he unleash the fury?
I should add a mount ability (EDIT: added). Why didn't I think of that before? Good point on the HD, though. I'll make them d10. Not d12. Because nobody likes the d12. Except barbarians, but they can't read this, so what do I care?

paladinthief
2010-01-26, 09:57 PM
I'm actually playing a halfling Ranger right in a campaign right now. I may have to convince my DM to let me use this class.

Faleldir
2010-01-26, 10:02 PM
Any class can trade Ride for Tumble.

Forbiddenwar
2010-01-27, 01:04 AM

Hate to disagree, but it looks like a simple jump to me. You don't need tumble if all close creatures are dead. Tumble is more about avoiding being hit and avoiding combat, which doesn't strike as very God of Warish.

BooNL
2010-01-27, 04:37 AM
Why are Listen and Spot on that skill list? It's not like Belkar has any ranks in them...

Sky-Moon
2010-01-27, 05:15 AM
He has quite a few points in Move Silently and Hide in Shadows. Would you want to include them in the requirements?

Gandariel
2010-01-27, 08:03 AM
Battle Cry (Sp)
At 10th level, the sexy shoeless god of war's battle cry has become so powerful that it brings death to those who hear it. As a spell-like ability, he may use Wail of the Banshee once per day, using his Charisma modifier to determine the save DC.

charisma? belkar has low charisma... it doesn't fit very well....

another thing: the Sexy Shoeless God Of War should be immune to Explosive Runes xD (or at least take half damage)

Optimystik
2010-01-27, 08:40 AM
It's Not the Size, It's What You Do With It (Ex): A SSGoW can treat his daggers as though they were two size-categories larger for the purposes of calculating melee damage.

Sup, Ho (Su): An SSGoW Ranger can add his ranger level to his Diplomacy check (as with Wild Empathy) when convincing humanoid women to sleep with him. This is a language-dependent, mind-affecting ability .The normal penalties for dealing with intelligent animals apply.

Querzis
2010-01-27, 08:57 AM
It's Not the Size, It's What You Do With It (Ex): A SSGoW can treat his daggers as though they were two size-categories larger for the purposes of calculating melee damage.

He really need this at level 1. It would explain how Belkar is able to deal so much damage (which he really shoudnt be able to do otherwise).

Sup, Ho (Su): An SSGoW Ranger can add his ranger level to his Diplomacy check (as with Wild Empathy) when convincing humanoid women to sleep with him. This is a language-dependent, mind-affecting ability .The normal penalties for dealing with intelligent animals apply.

Ok that really made me laugh but, once again, it just explain so much about Belkar. It really fit.

Kobold-Bard
2010-01-27, 10:40 AM

Sometimes I foget that Belkar isn't all about death and destruction. Well played :smallbiggrin:

Grushvak
2010-01-27, 11:03 AM
Full BAB
Hit die of a fighter
Skill points of a factotum
Passive +2 AC
Passive +2 AB (let's face it, he'll always be wounded. Nick himself with a razor blade if need be for the bonus)
More rages than a barbarian
Flight speed better than any other spell or magic item
Paladin mount better than a paladin's mount
Wail of the banshee as a SLA once/day as early as level 16 (earlier than a pure wizard)
Never flat-footed

You see no problem with this? :smallconfused:

EDIT: It would be balanced if being Belkar Bitterleaf was an entry requirement. Just saying.

Gandariel
2010-01-27, 01:02 PM
Full BAB
Hit die of a fighter
Skill points of a factotum
Passive +2 AC
Passive +2 AB (let's face it, he'll always be wounded. Nick himself with a razor blade if need be for the bonus)
More rages than a barbarian
Flight speed better than any other spell or magic item
Paladin mount better than a paladin's mount
Wail of the banshee as a SLA once/day as early as level 16 (earlier than a pure wizard)
Never flat-footed

you could....
--hit dice d8
--less skill points
-- the wounded kikass battle look works only if you are under 1/2 of your hp
-- NO FLY .
-- the battle cry gives only Fear to all enemies and maybe boost himself (but it wouldn't be a 10 lvl skill)

Roland St. Jude
2010-01-28, 05:48 PM
I'm actually playing a halfling Ranger right in a campaign right now. I may have to convince my DM to let me use this class.

Sheriff of Moddingham: This thread was buried over two years back. Please don't do thread necormancy.