PDA

View Full Version : Feat to sneak attack undead...

purepolarpanzer
2007-12-28, 08:45 PM
I'm trying to remember where I saw a feat that let's you sneak attack undead. Not for all the damage, but for some percentage I can't say or WOTC would sue me and I'd be off the boards.

Anyone know what book?

Gralamin
2007-12-28, 08:55 PM
I'm trying to remember where I saw a feat that let's you sneak attack undead. Not for all the damage, but for some percentage I can't say or WOTC would sue me and I'd be off the boards.

Anyone know what book?

Feat wise, I know of Supernatural Blow (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Supernatural_Blow,all) and Razing Strike (http://realmshelps.dandello.net/cgi-bin/feats.pl?Razing_Strike,all).

Item wise the Greater Truedeath crystal which costs 10,000 gp allows you to sneak attack undead.

Azerian Kelimon
2007-12-28, 09:01 PM
Class abilities wise, there's penetrating strike, an ACF in place of trapsense. If you flank an opponent, you can SA him for half of your SA dice regardless of immunities. BEST. ACF. EVAH.

Craig1f
2007-12-31, 01:54 PM
I know this isn't quite what you asked, but it's similar so I'll post it.

The Swift Hunter feat will allow a multi-class ranger/scout use his skirmish damage against favored enemies, even if they don't normally allow precision damage. This indirectly allows them to do skirmish damage against constructs and undead (if they're chosen as favored enemies).

CrazedGoblin
2007-12-31, 01:55 PM
Penetrating Strike in Dungeonscape i think allows half sneak attack damage to the oldie moldies

ZeroNumerous
2007-12-31, 02:36 PM
My suggestion is to just pick up a Truedeath Crystal. You don't waste a feat or levels, just gold.

Woland
2007-12-31, 03:58 PM
I think this is what you're looking for. Don't remember where it's from though.

ENABLE CRITICALS [General, Fighter]
You have learned to score critical hits on unusual creature types.
Benefit: Choose one type of creature that is normally immune to critical hits (construct, elemental, ooze, plant, undead). You can score critical hits against that type of creature, despite that this is not generally allowed.
Special: If you choose constructs, you can also score critical hits against inanimate objects. If you choose undead and are using an attack that does not suffer a miss chance against incorporeal opponents (like a ghost touch weapon), you can score critical hits against incorporeal undead.
Notes: This also allows you to use abilities and actions that only work against creatures subject to critical hits, such as Coup de Grace, Sneak Attack and the ranger's Favored Enemy damage bonus. A construct, object, or undead need never make a Fortitude save to survive a coup-de-grace.

Necromas
2007-12-31, 04:03 PM
Penetrating strike is certainly an amazing ability and something I think would make a good homebrewed feat.

As far as alternatives go, you could try the various feats in complete scoundrel I believe and maybe other places that let you sacrifice sneak attack damage to do other things instead, but undead would be immune to most of those anyways.

Thrythlind
2007-12-31, 06:18 PM
Penetrating strike is certainly an amazing ability and something I think would make a good homebrewed feat.

As far as alternatives go, you could try the various feats in complete scoundrel I believe and maybe other places that let you sacrifice sneak attack damage to do other things instead, but undead would be immune to most of those anyways.

you mean ambush feats, right?

loopy
2007-12-31, 10:04 PM
Alternatively you could just get a weapon with the Grave Strike* (or its construct killing brother Golem Strike) spell as a permanent effect. I think you can find the spell in Complete Adventurer, allows you to sneak attack undead/constructs for one round. Doesn't do anything about the crit immunity though.

*Disclaimer: May not actually be its name.

BlackMage2549
2007-12-31, 10:07 PM
Doesn't the Complete Champion have one? I'll try to find it later tonight.

Thrythlind
2007-12-31, 11:33 PM
Doesn't the Complete Champion have one? I'll try to find it later tonight.

Book of Exalted Deeds has it: Sacred Strike. One of the few feats in there that isn't over powered.

huyneo
2007-12-31, 11:46 PM
Alternatively you could just get a weapon with the Grave Strike* (or its construct killing brother Golem Strike) spell as a permanent effect. I think you can find the spell in Complete Adventurer, allows you to sneak attack undead/constructs for one round. Doesn't do anything about the crit immunity though.

*Disclaimer: May not actually be its name.

Grave Strike is the real name. level 1 Cleric 1 Paladin. Swift Action, Self only
lasts only 1 round.

Thrythlind
2007-12-31, 11:56 PM
Grave Strike is the real name. level 1 Cleric 1 Paladin. Swift Action, Self only
lasts only 1 round.

Thank you, you just saved me some trouble, I'd forgotten which spell lists those fell under.

huyneo
2008-01-01, 12:00 AM
otherwise the any other information you might want to know... here is the complete spell.
Grave Strike
Divination Good
Cleric 1 Paladin 1
Components: V, DR
Casting time:Swift
Range Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 Round
For 1 round you can deliver sneak attacks against undead as if they were not immune to sneak attacks. This cannot be used for anything else, only Sneak Attacks