PDA

View Full Version : what belkar see belkar goes after.

tenguro
2007-12-28, 09:29 PM
So before they start coming in I decided to make a thread discussing what Belkar spotted. Here's what I think: either 1) A box of diamonds to Raise Roy(maybe they have a cleric back at the Resistance base) or 2) Roy's body(highly unlikely but who knows maybe Roy's body got "captured" by Team evil).
Thoughts anyone?

Meek
2007-12-28, 10:14 PM
A Morhg, so we can finally get some jokes about the freaky tongue.

monty
2007-12-28, 10:28 PM
I'm thinking it's something he'd really like. Maybe a magic dagger that deals massive amounts of subdual damage, so he can finally start fighting real enemies.

mockingbyrd7
2007-12-29, 01:14 AM
I'm thinking it's something he'd really like. Maybe a magic dagger that deals massive amounts of subdual damage, so he can finally start fighting real enemies.

Haha! Nice... he gets to stab people as much as he want with a nonlethal dagger, but no matter how much he wants to, he can't coup de grace them.

Icewalker
2007-12-29, 01:17 AM
I don't think he sees anything so fitting to himself or the group. Just something else interesting.

monty
2007-12-29, 01:19 AM
And if I remember right, doing enough subdual damage kills them anyway. I mean, no matter how many times you hit someone with the flat of your blade or whatever, you're going to break something important eventually.

Atheist_Cleric
2007-12-29, 01:56 AM
Maybe its the magical eye gems that were left over when Haley smashed the Eye of Fear and Flame's skull? Are they worth anything, or maybe still able to use their powers? Somone look up the monster and check.

Tempest Fennac
2007-12-29, 03:27 AM
The gems lose their power and become worthless if they are removed. I thought it could be a Restoration Potion, but the diamond idea is probably more likely.

Penquin47
2007-12-29, 03:29 AM
Mr. Scruffy!

bluish_wolf
2007-12-29, 06:38 AM
And if I remember right, doing enough subdual damage kills them anyway. I mean, no matter how many times you hit someone with the flat of your blade or whatever, you're going to break something important eventually.

I was under the impression merciful weapons don't kill at all, unless you turn of the effect. It's magic.

dish
2007-12-29, 09:04 AM
I originally thought it would have to be something he could kill ... what else would get his attention so quickly?

A magical item that could subvert the MOJ is another possibility, but would Belkar have the intelligence to recognise one as such?

However,

Mr. Scruffy!
This is definitely my favourite answer.

no one special
2007-12-29, 07:24 PM
the thing is, he cant deal lethal damage in a city/town to living things, nothing is stopping him from killing the living by massive non-lethal damage

[EDIT] I think he just found a random box filled with random junk that nobody in there right mind would take

monty
2007-12-29, 07:28 PM
I was under the impression merciful weapons don't kill at all, unless you turn of the effect. It's magic.

I don't remember where I saw it, and now I can't find it again, but I remember reading somewhere that a creature dies if they take too much subdual damage.

David Argall
2007-12-29, 07:29 PM
Belkar thinks he might know what it is. That eliminates most, if not all, magic items since they are rarely unique in appearance.

A 5000 gp diamond? Well the resistance might include a 9th level cleric, but it may be pretty worthless otherwise.

Roy's body? It seems highly likely they still have that. Still, it's not impossible.

Belkar also thinks it is quite valuable, worth risking his life over. That eliminates Mr. Scruffy.

I suspect we will have to wait a strip or two.

Nonlethal damage is not fatal, no matter how much you suffer. Now, if the DM wants to be sensible, he might just say that at -1000, you are dead anyway, but the rule on PH 146 is "you don't die."

no one special
2007-12-29, 07:50 PM
...Belkar also thinks it is quite valuable, worth risking his life over. That eliminates Mr. Scruffy. ...
the thing is, he likes Mr. Scruffy(would post a link to a comic that shows him playing with the cat, but cant use the archives)and probably never thought about his own life being in danger.

holywhippet
2007-12-29, 09:48 PM
It can't be something magical - unless it's got a big sign saying "magical item" then Belkar wouldn't know it from a mundane item. It's unlikely to be a precious item since they wouldn't store something like that in the granary. The most likely thing IMO would be some really strong booze. Running a close second would be whores but I don't see them being in a granary.

ARMOURERERIC
2007-12-29, 10:08 PM
He spotted his old pimp hat.

Odelay
2007-12-29, 10:32 PM
Hey, maybe, after months of being tortured, O-Chul finally escaped from Xykon and RC. It's a possibility...

Furin_Mirado
2007-12-29, 10:51 PM
My guess is that it's a big box of good ol' spices. I'm sure he's close to going into culinary shock by now. Resistances aren't known for their ability to acquire high quality foodstuffs and he's a halfling with very specific dietary needs.:smallwink:

Ettlesby
2007-12-29, 11:06 PM
I assume he saw a distraction.

Zurpl
2007-12-30, 12:04 AM
Hey, maybe, after months of being tortured, O-Chul finally escaped from Xykon and RC. It's a possibility...

Probably not since we haven't even seen what Team Evil did with O-Chul yet though we did see why they needed him (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0484.html). The real question there is did they get the information about the other gates?

I don't think it's safe to speculate about what Belkar saw until we know more about the resistance since it's probably has something to do with that.

ChomZ
2007-12-30, 02:23 AM
probably something of no consequence, just to piss haley off

Healer Hobo
2007-12-31, 03:30 AM
I'm kinda partial to the Mr. Scruffy idea. But it COULD perhaps be booze? A pile of women hiding from the bad, strong wights? The world may never know. He could appear a few strips later saying "WHAT granery?"

WarriorTribble
2007-12-31, 05:15 AM
Maybe its the magical eye gems that were left over when Haley smashed the Eye of Fear and Flame's skull? Are they worth anything, or maybe still able to use their powers? Somone look up the monster and check.The gems of the Eye of Fear and Flame is worth 1500gp each according to this (http://www.enworld.org/cc/converted/outsider/eye_of_fear_and_flame.htm)

Lunaya
2007-12-31, 06:32 AM
Maybe Belkar saw whatever it is that's impeding V's attempts at scrying?

Balathustrius
2007-12-31, 07:54 AM
Maybe Belkar saw whatever it is that's impeding V's attempts at scrying?

I think the general consensus is that that was Xykon's Cloister spell.

tenguro
2007-12-31, 06:25 PM
I'm kinda partial to the Mr. Scruffy idea. But it COULD perhaps be booze? A pile of women hiding from the bad, strong wights? The world may never know. He could appear a few strips later saying "WHAT granery?"

hm, a lot of barrels of booze when they retake AC back, I like the sound of that.

multilis
2007-12-31, 08:30 PM
He spotted the love of his life...

Miko!

;)

Scoutninja
2007-12-31, 09:51 PM
Methinks it would be most like :belkar: to go chasing after some small amount of cash.

Bongos
2007-12-31, 09:56 PM
I think it's Mister Scruffy, Shinjo's cat!

monty
2007-12-31, 10:21 PM
I think it's Mister Scruffy, Shinjo's cat!

Who is this Shinjo I keep hearing about? He has a cat named Mister Scruffy too?

Seriously, though, this has already been mentioned several times in this thread.

tenguro
2008-01-01, 09:59 AM
Who is this Shinjo I keep hearing about? He has a cat named Mister Scruffy too?

Seriously, though, this has already been mentioned several times in this thread.

I know what you mean. Mr. scruffy is cool and all but all he did was eat sleep and (as far as we know) poop.

Niknokitueu
2008-01-02, 09:24 AM
I think that Belkar has seen some more saki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0270.html) (OotS #270).

Note that although he would be limited to killing undead, they do burn really nicely... :smallbiggrin:

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

jokermatt999
2008-01-02, 01:46 PM
An illusion Tsukiko created to distract him. :smalltongue:

memnarch
2008-01-02, 02:02 PM
I think that Belkar has seen some more saki (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0270.html) (OotS #270).

Note that although he would be limited to killing undead, they do burn really nicely... :smallbiggrin:

Have Fun!
Niknokitueu

Flaming zombies (or wights)! Brilliant! Let's make them twice as dangerous as before! :smallbiggrin:

Although, I suppose that eventually they will burn up and "die". Maybe Belkar could hollow out the pineapples and fill them with Sake?

someonenonotyou
2008-01-02, 02:57 PM
just probley something shiney :biggrin:
actually just probley something he can kill

David Argall
2008-01-02, 06:03 PM

Well, I doubt this is it, but it is an idea that would fit the facts without serious twisting, unlike many suggested here.

Migodnar
2008-01-04, 09:03 AM
I only see three options:
1º A cleric
2° Something shiny
3° Something totally useless