PDA

View Full Version : Frets on Fire

Bayar
2007-12-29, 08:44 AM
So, anyone here plays it? Does anyone have more songs for it (apart from the packs that you find on torrents...)

Dragor
2007-12-29, 02:40 PM
I used to have Frets on Fire, until my virus detector didn't like it and deleted the .exe, and I haven't been bothered to download it again now that I've got Guitar Hero III. I had no idea how to put extra songs on it, either, because I'm stupid. :smallconfused: Good fun, though, put me on a stepping stone to GHIII leet skills. :smalltongue:

Omicroncubed
2007-12-29, 04:16 PM
Yeah, frets on fire, awesome game :smallbiggrin:

Extra songs can be found here: http://www.keyboardsonfire.net/?songs

The lowest section of songs won't work for me :smallfrown:

EDIT: Plus I made my own songs out of Phobia III musics. It was fun, but the notes are hard to hit and whenever you miss, the music fades completely.

Bayar
2007-12-29, 07:46 PM
Extra songs can be found here: http://www.keyboardsonfire.net/?songs

The lowest section of songs won't work for me :smallfrown:

It is not your fault...most somgs from keyboardsonfire dont work...
Search torrents for frets on fire song packs. most songs made are at Awesome dificulty...F5 key sucks big time...

Also, what is the cure for sore fingers?

Jerthanis
2007-12-29, 08:57 PM
I've played a little FoF, but I've got to say, the knockoffness really gets in the way for me. I can play more songs for it... if I find them and manage to get them to work, but I've got no Wammie bar, no rocking out, no potential to fail the song completely, no multiplayer... Since I already have access to Guitar Heroes 1-3, and the 80s mix, and would only really play the games to practice to get good enough to pass songs on harder modes, or to play with a large group of friends, I don't see the need for Frets on Fire. Also, when I first picked up the tiny toy guitar of the Guitar Hero games, I thought nothing could be as unbad*** as that... but holding the keyboard that way is even worse.

Perhaps a later version will be more than a knockoff, but for now, the only use I can think of for it would be if you liked the games, but didn't want to pay for them, or if you had no friends to play with.

Bayar
2007-12-30, 05:47 AM
the key word here is FREE....since some of us dont have a PS3 or other console...and dont want to spend all that hard earned money on a toy guitar when they can buy withthe same amount of $$$ a cool electric guitar with an amplifier...

EDIT: Plus I made my own songs out of Phobia III musics. It was fun, but the notes are hard to hit and whenever you miss, the music fades completely.

It goes silent because it does not have an OGG file ...but have no idea how to make one...

-KG]]Song packs for Frets on Fire (http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3901841/Frets_On_Fire_[Incl_4_Song_Packs)

Jerthanis
2007-12-30, 01:52 PM
the key word here is FREE....since some of us dont have a PS3 or other console...and dont want to spend all that hard earned money on a toy guitar when they can buy withthe same amount of $$$ a cool electric guitar with an amplifier...

Frets on Fire for me is Guitar Hero without any of the fun parts. I wouldn't play any free game that wasn't fun. Guitar Hero is for playing in a living room with all your friends, laughing and joking and so on. It's novelty and silliness, but the fantasy and ease of use makes it fun. Frets on Fire has none of the flair, style and gameplay aspects that make Guitar Hero a fun franchise, and seems more like training treadmill for developing skill at Guitar Hero than a game in its own right.

I also hate how the cost of guitar hero is measured up against a real guitar as if somehow the acquisition of a real guitar magically imbues a person with musical ability. Guitar Hero is playable immediately on Easy for the least musically inclined person, a couple hours of gameplay and that same person is ready for Medium, and with a tiny bit of practice, doable in several days, they're ready for Hard, and the whole time they're playing awesome music. I could spend five years learning how to play the guitar and be as good as I sound in Guitar Hero in five hours. I'm never going to be good enough to be a part of the 1% of musicians who actually make a living off their music alone, and I'm nowhere near passionate enough to deserve it, so the only reason to learn to play a real guitar would be for the enjoyment of it. But I really only enjoy playing Guitar Hero with friends anyway, so I'd have to get all my friends to ALSO dedicate their free time to practicing, and learning for years how to play a guitar if I wanted to jam with them. Or, I can just enjoy Guitar Hero, it's way less time and effort, for just as much enjoyment.