PDA

View Full Version : I Am Legend?

TRM
2007-12-29, 02:50 PM
So I've been invited to go see I Am Legend with some friends and am wondering whether it is worth it. Have any of you helpful playgrounders seen this film, if so what were your reactions?
Is it a good film? Is it worth 15 bucks to go to it?

Note: I read the book and really enjoyed it, but from what I've read the movie's quite a bit different. Will that ruin it for me?

Edit: is this the right place for this thread, or should it be Random Banter.

EvilElitest
2007-12-29, 03:10 PM
So I've been invited to go see I Am Legend with some friends and am wondering whether it is worth it. Have any of you helpful playgrounders seen this film, if so what were your reactions?
Is it a good film? Is it worth 15 bucks to go to it?

Note: I read the book and really enjoyed it, but from what I've read the movie's quite a bit different. Will that ruin it for me?

Edit: is this the right place for this thread, or should it be Random Banter.

right board, but i already made a thread like this, it is called "I am a legend, and so can you" but that one is spoiler

I'd say it is worth watching, but i haven't read the book
from,
EE

Sneak
2007-12-29, 03:16 PM
There was also another thread before EE's, if you want to check it out.

Apparently there are many legends. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66533)

Wizzardman
2007-12-29, 03:17 PM
...If you're going to it with a group of friends, go for it. If you were going by yourself, it wouldn't be worth $15 bucks.

$8-$10, maybe, but not $15. Your movie theatre is expensive.

And unfortunately, having read the book will probably ruin the movie for you. The movie loses a lot of the stuff that made the book so good.

TRM
2007-12-29, 03:21 PM
right board, but i already made a thread like this, it is called "I am a legend, and so can you" but that one is spoiler

Oops. I blame my search function for not finding it.:smallredface:

kpenguin
2007-12-29, 03:41 PM

So, we can't say spoilers then?

Well, I think it was worth watching. Will Smith did an excellent job playing [censored]. The CGI was poorly done on the [censored] though. The part where [censored] died was very touching, especially because [censored] had to [censored].

EvilElitest
2007-12-29, 03:46 PM
So, we can't say spoilers then?

Well, I think it was worth watching. Will Smith did an excellent job playing [censored]. The CGI was poorly done on the [censored] though. The part where [censored] died was very touching, especially because [censored] had to [censored].

not on this thread i think, on the other one help your self

on what board is that other thread? Everyone in that calls Bruce Lee (head zampire) Ben Cortman

from,
EE

Elidyr
2007-12-29, 04:28 PM
The only thing the movie and the book had in common was the name of the protagonist. And the title.

So in short, yes, it will ruin it for you.

Indon
2007-12-29, 04:45 PM
Offhand, I can't think of any movies I've seen recently that would've been worth 15 bucks to see in the theater.