PDA

View Full Version : Destructomundo

Anarch
2007-12-29, 06:46 PM
First post! Anyways, here's the gist.

I'm attempting to go through all of the ways a PC could destroy the world. That, or just cause ungodly amounts of destruction.

Doing it on the cheap is encouraged, but not necessary. The lower the level, the better. And one last caveat; no psionics.

Gralamin
2007-12-29, 06:50 PM
See this link from Solo's Signature (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2013195&postcount=89)

Anarch
2007-12-29, 07:07 PM
See this link from Solo's Signature (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2013195&postcount=89)

Yup, read that one, as well as a number of the 'Theoretical Optimization' threads on the gleemax forums (the trick concerning teleporting to the space that the center of the Earth will occupy a day later, setting up a permanent Wall of Force , and then sitting back and watch as the Earth gets carved up is a favorite).

Still, I'm looking for stuff that is, preferably, able to be done at a lower level. If it's innocuous, even better.

bugsysservant
2007-12-29, 07:22 PM
Are you on a schedule here? If not, just create items of ray of frost. It costs, what, 1000 gp to make one which fires every round. Constant negative energy will eventually destroy everything. (Or create a hole in the fabric of logic by lowering something below 0K)

Kurald Galain
2007-12-29, 07:28 PM
If you're doing Spelljammer, rupture any crystal sphere and have the phlogiston leak out onto the relevant world.

Of course, it's technically impossible to rupture a crystal sphere. But don't let that stop you.

(edit) There's also this lovely spell called Dice Storm (I believe it's from PHFOB) that lets you roll every single die on the table together to calculate the damage it does. For anyone who's played Shadowrun and Whitewolf in addition to D&D, that's going to add up to a lot of wholesale destruction. Ref save for half.

bugsysservant
2007-12-29, 07:34 PM
If you're doing Spelljammer, rupture any crystal sphere and have the phlogiston leak out onto the relevant world.

Of course, it's technically impossible to rupture a crystal sphere. But don't let that stop you.

(edit) There's also this lovely spell called Dice Storm (I believe it's from PHFOB) that lets you roll every single die on the table together to calculate the damage it does. For anyone who's played Shadowrun and Whitewolf in addition to D&D, that's going to add up to a lot of wholesale destruction. Ref save for half.

WHAT!?!?!? There's actually a spell worded like that? Exactly what does PHFOB stand for, anyway?

Kurald Galain
2007-12-29, 07:36 PM
WHAT!?!?!? There's actually a spell worded like that? Exactly what does PHFOB stand for, anyway?

Portable Hole Full Of Beer.

The best thing since the Net Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge...

:smallbiggrin: :smallredface:

Fax Celestis
2007-12-29, 08:40 PM
I'm a big fan of, "Oops, I summoned 6d10 thirty-headed tarrasque (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/eo/20070608a)s."

"...didn't you use Sudden Maximize on that spell?"

"Yup. Sudden Empower too."

"So, you mean to say, you summoned 60+3d10 thirty-headed tarrasques."

"Yeah, something like that."

Shadowdweller
2007-12-29, 10:34 PM
First post! Anyways, here's the gist.

I'm attempting to go through all of the ways a PC could destroy the world. That, or just cause ungodly amounts of destruction.

Doing it on the cheap is encouraged, but not necessary. The lower the level, the better. And one last caveat; no psionics.
Depending on how low your standards are (and how the DM chooses to rule the sourcing) you could use to Decanters of Endless Water (at 9k a piece) to flood civilized areas and/or possibly the world...after many centuries :P

knightsaline
2007-12-30, 01:35 AM
Portable Hole Full Of Beer.

The best thing since the Net Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge...

:smallbiggrin: :smallredface:

*asks for links to these books in a pm*