PDA

View Full Version : d20 mordern capaign: the time is counting down! Help!

Glyphic
2007-12-29, 07:42 PM
So, um, I have a situation. in 4 hours and 30 minutes, I will be running a one shot, d20 modern zombie extravaganza. My problem is, I've been drafted into service at a dinner party, and the time I was going to use to craft some last minute details is now going to be spent serving cocktail weenies. Oi.

So.. I humbly request help. I know I don't have enough time to do all I want to do. I have a very specific request, and would GREATLY APPRECIATE any forum goers who want to help me. the other thing to note is I'll be running a lap top with an internet connection, so there is no time limit to submit help.

What I need: Special ops units: a team of level 4-8 NPC's, with their own set of tactics.

4 level 4 heroes.
2 level 6 heroes.
1 level 8 smart hero/tactical leader. Her name is "Queen Iona".

This task force is going to be opposing the PCs in their race to protect the VIP and secure a military installation. Both groups will be unsuccessful, and we'll end up with zombies with lazers.

Any creativity in names/stats is appreciated. Please use a 17 point buy for the grunts, and a 27 point by for the queen. Multi-classing and "advanced" classing is great and encouraged.

(please equip them as well. The queen will have her own set of cybernetic armor, so don't worry about that specific piece. Don't worry about wealth or whatever, just give them apropos items)

Second request for you super forum goers: A helicopter team, consisting of a driver and passenger, and gunner. All should be level 5 heroes, and the helicopter needs to have some sort of mounted turret.

I will be indebted to anyone who helps in any way possibly and will have your love children. <3 <3 <3

Also, anyone can help out.. the d20 (http://saxifrage.pipemaze.com/gaming/srd/smack/srdhome.html) modern (https://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=d20/article/msrd) srd is hosted in a variety of places.

<3!

Yami
2007-12-29, 09:04 PM
Well, I don't have my books on me, so no soldier or other PrC's for you. I suppose I'll tackle the heli team first.

Will edit it in when I do.

Edit:

Heli pilot - Fast 5

HP (5d8)20
AC 21 (10 +3 dex +3 armour +5 class) Don't forget to add 3/4's cover in the heli and soft cover passenger.
Base to hit +6

Saves:
fort 1, Ref 6, Will 0

Stats: 10 16 10 13 8 8

Defensive roll talent tree,
Feats Vehicle expert Vehicle dodge, armour prof light, firearms prof. (assumed one feat from daredevil prc)
skills, pilot 8 ranks = +13

Heli Gunner - Tough 5

HP (5d8+20)40
AC 21 (10 +2 dex +6 armour +3 class) Don't forget to add some cover in the heli
Base to hit +5

Saves:
fort 6, Ref 3, Will 0

Stats: 11 14 16 8 8 8

talents; Remain concious, Robust, DR 1/-
Feats: Light-Medium armour, alertness, firearms prof (Assumed from soldier prc)
Skills spot 8 ranks = +9

Heli passenger.
Backup driver, drop the vehicle feats, give him a sniper rifle. Oh yeah, backup pistol for the pilot, assualt rifle for the gunner, and give the gunner a few hand grenades too. Mount a 2d12 heavy machingun on the heli

Sorry I couldn't help ya out more. Got busied halfway through.

Glyphic
2007-12-29, 11:58 PM
Awesome Yami! I'm really grateful. Things are starting up, once a few players get off work.. I would like note that both d20 srds have advanced classes, they're just hidden a little bit :p

Faithdreamer
2007-12-30, 12:51 AM
Do we still have time to help even if it isn't Yesterday Mr. Glyphic?

Glyphic
2007-12-30, 01:34 AM
Yes!

We're just beginning the session now, and plan to go for.. atleast 4 hours. probably all night <3.

Yami
2007-12-30, 02:41 AM
Sorry I couldn't give you a full Tactical squad, but I can add some tactical help with the heli squad, if need be.

For one, the heli squad may need to leave said heli. Hopefully not, but who can tell with those wacky PC antics.

If this happens I'd think the passenger/sniper would become the 'man of the hour'. I.E. tactics would revolve around getting him to a position of cover with a good view, gunner would then be focused on guarding him with the pilot watching everyone's back.

As for the Spec Ops team, well I hope it's already together...

Faithdreamer
2007-12-30, 05:24 AM
The game must have already started by now but if you send me a private message after your session ends I can help you make things. Sunday is free and I'll be sitting on my bum for most of it.

Glyphic
2007-12-30, 05:28 AM
We're still going :p

Faithdreamer
2007-12-30, 07:53 AM
This BORING. I HATE IT! :smallfurious:

But I'm very disciplined so you should be very proud of me! :smallmad:

Don't forget to say 'Thank you very much.' :smallcool:

Doc Steel
Starting out as a relief worker in developing countries he was swept up in military recruitment advertisements. He thought he could help stop the fighting before it got to the people he was always bagging and tagging. Military service has made him hard but he still tries to spend his time stitching up bullet wounds instead of causing them. He has been wounded several times in the line of duty and has a reputation for ‘toughing it out.’

Tough Hero(3)/Field Medic(1)

Hit Points 29/29
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Fortitude +5 Reflex +2 Will +3
Defense: 14
Occupation – Emergency Services (Search, Treat Injury)
Str 08 Dex 12 Con 12 Int 12 Wis 14 Cha 08

Feats
Medical Expert, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Simple Weapons Proficiency, Surgery, Toughness

Talents
Remain Conscious, Robust

Skills
Concentration + 7, Craft (Pharmaceutical) + 5, Knowledge (Behavioral Sciences) + 2, Knowledge (Earth and Life Sciences) + 3, Search + 2, Spot + 7, Survival + 8, Treat Injury + 12

FPMS (Fast Point Man Shooter)
He has fast reflexes and a fast trigger finger. He almost always gets to be the first one around the corner on a mission. With plans to commit to his military career for life he doesn’t get out much. The mission is the only thing that matters to him – he’ll do his job at all costs but he doesn’t have an itchy trigger finger.

Fast Hero(2)/Strong Hero(1)/Tough Hero(1)
Hit Points: 17/17
Base Attack Bonus: +2
Fortitude +2 Reflex +5 Will +0
Defense: 19

Str 09 Dex 16 Con 10 Int 10 Wis 10 Cha 08

Feats
Alertness, Double Tap, Improved Initiative, Personal Firearms Proficiency, Point Blank Shot, Simple Weapons Proficiency

Talents
Evasion, Extreme Effort, Stamina

Skills
Hide +8, Knowledge (current events) +5, Move Silently +8, Profession (Military Lifer) +3, Sleight of Hand +8, Spot +5, Tumble +8

I hope I haven't made too many mistakes.

Consider these two well-equipped. They'll have whatever gear they might need for whatever situation arises during the mission. They'll have carefully considered their equipment before they go in the field.

Orak
2007-12-30, 09:16 AM
Your one stop modern campaign zombie shopping site.

http://forums.gleemax.com/showpost.php?p=6531196&postcount=442

Faithdreamer
2007-12-30, 09:31 AM
There is a lot of material there. I'm sure Glyphic will be very grateful for your suggestion. I am too, as it takes away the looming threat of having to do more writing.