PDA

View Full Version : help a new dm

slayn
2007-12-29, 11:51 PM
i kinda new to d&d world this is my first campaing and i need help setting how to start

Felius
2007-12-29, 11:55 PM
I know that English is not your first language (not mine either), but please try to improve your grammar. Your post is VERY difficult to read.

Also: We need more information then that. How the players are like, what campaign style you wish, what adventures you want to DM, this kind of stuff.

BardicDuelist
2007-12-29, 11:56 PM
i kinda new to d&d world this is my first campaing and i need help setting how to start

I'm going to need more info. What kind of game do you want to run, etc.

General advice: start at first or second level, that way you can get a feel as your players increase in power. Allow your players to make choices and don't plan too rigidly as games never go according to plan.

slayn
2007-12-29, 11:59 PM
yeah my english sux anyone can help me in spanish

slayn
2007-12-30, 12:04 AM
i got a cleric of torm, 2 monk and a fighter. i want to put a lot of undead and magic user

slayn
2007-12-30, 12:08 AM
also i need ideas for a evil campaing the pc are a minotaur an ogre and a drow vampire

Felius
2007-12-30, 12:24 AM
Ok, let me see: Is the player of the cleric of torm experienced? What are the chances of him pulling a C-Zilla? If he plays well, the rest of the party will probably be weaker then him. Also, what is style the fighter is focusing on? Is he going for the sword and board with weapon focus, is he going to a shock trooper with a two handed sword, or is he going into a spiked chain fighter?

In addition, what is the style of the campaign you want to run? You're planning to run a classic "meet at a tavern and go crawling dungeons" or something else?

slayn
2007-12-30, 12:32 AM
ok it the first time that he use a cleric(he use paladins of heronius) the figther is a gut(from berserk) heavy armored and a greatsword

slayn
2007-12-30, 12:34 AM
i want to put lot of danger and powerful foe to make them run and feel weak but im more into role play

13_CBS
2007-12-30, 12:36 AM
Ok, Slayn made another thread like this but in spanish, so I'm moving my post from there to here:

Necesita ideas como y donde empezar un juego? Hmm...

For other posters: He wants to start a game but isn't sure how or where. He's got a cleric of Torm, a monk, and a fighter all starting at level 1. He doesn't want to start in the middle of a fight, nor on a boat, nor against dragons (basically, nothing cliche). He's running out of ideas.

If you guys wanna throw out suggestions, I can attempt to translate.

Unas preguntas:

Que tipo de juego? Un juego con mucha magia y technologia? Un juego con poca magia y technologia?

Que especies de monstres existan?

Que tipo de jugadores son sus jugadores? Le gustan mucho accion? Le gusta mucho hablar?

From the other thread:

bueno a ellos les gusta exploral ruinas y tumbas perdidas y cosas asi.yo tengo bastantes ruinas diseņadas y ciudades.van a estar casi todas las criaturas de los mm del 1 al 5 exepto criaturas estraņas.

Translation: They like to explore ruins, dangerous tombs, and similar. I have several ruins and cities on hand. I'm going to use almost all monsters from MM I-V, except for the really weird ones.