PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Archer like PRC

Akisa
2007-12-30, 01:40 AM
I was wondering if there is any PrC that has a flavor similiar to Arcane Archer, where they use arcane magic to boost their archery ability but does not fail.

BRC
2007-12-30, 01:56 AM
I think your best bet will be a homebrew tweaked version of the Arcane Archer thats been modified to remove the fail.

Wordmiser
2007-12-30, 02:34 AM
Any Wizard with the Smiting Spell feat (PHB2)?

A reflavored Spellwarp Sniper (or just a reflavored Wizard)--remember, you can describe your spellcasting any way you want (your fistfull of bat poo could be described as turning to an arrow which you use to shoot the other guy).

You could also use the Arcane Archer--it's a bad class, but it's only 2 levels wasted.

Duskblade 5/Abjurant Champion 5/Arcane Archer 2/Duskblade 8 (or just Duskblade 6/Arcane Archer 2/Duskblade 12 with the Practiced Spellcaster feat) and Bard 8/Arcane Archer 2/Sublime Chord 10 are perfectly effective builds, as is Fighter 2/Duskblade 3/Ur Priest 3/Arcane Archer 2/Ur Priest 7/Whatever 3.

Jack Zander
2007-12-30, 02:47 AM
I would suggest going wizard/fighter/eldritch knight. There are probably better builds, but this gives you a ton of customization of how you want your character to be (with proper feat/spell selections).

Falrin
2007-12-30, 07:14 AM
Ask your DM to rework the current one?

HD d6

1/2 spellcasting.

Enchantments instead of +1/+2/ ...

Add:
+1
+ 1d6 (chose energy type) damage
+ keen
+ 1d6 (chose energy type) damage
+ burst (chose energy type) damage

Seeker and phase should be at will.
It's a standard action to shot one.
- no imbue
- no full attack

Hail of arrows should be:

As a standard action shoot 1 arrow / extra attack. (so a +12 BaB would shoot 3 arrows.
You can imbue these arrows seperatly with one spell. (say fireball)
Divide the area evenly over the arrows.
(so a 20Ft radius gets 3 times a +/- 7 F -t Radius)

Arrow of death should be:

You can imbue any spell you can cast in an arrow x/ day.
(Very nasty as touch spells become sudddenly very long range)