PDA

View Full Version : Stupid DnD Question

Rutee
2007-12-30, 01:43 AM
Sorta. I'm pretty darn familiar with a lot of what amounts to the SRD, but I simply haven't been botherring with the extra stuff or botherred truly twinking, or paying proper attention to twinking. So I have what amounts to a stupid question.

WTF is Pun-Pun? I know it's some sort of Perfect Butt Stomper, but I have no idea what it actually is specifically. So can someone tell me?

CasESenSITItiVE
2007-12-30, 01:47 AM
pun-pun is a character who has used broken rules to make an infinitely powerful character

Dhavaer
2007-12-30, 01:47 AM
Google is your friend (http://forums.gleemax.com/showthread.php?t=491801).

knightsaline
2007-12-30, 01:48 AM
Pun-Pun is basically the D&D version of Chuck Norris. I can't remember what he can do, but apparently, he is some sort of god-like being.

Edit: there is no such thing as stupid questions. Everyone has to start somewhere!

Talic
2007-12-30, 01:55 AM
For those of us at sites that have the websense category: "Games and Gaming" filtered, please post a copy, as I'd be truly interested to see the specifics of the kobold who would be a god (or at least Divine Rank: 0)...

tyckspoon
2007-12-30, 02:02 AM
Quick Pun-Pun summary:
There is a creature in the Forgotten Realms called a Sarrukh. This is, in current times, largely a mythological being- they're the progenitor race of the reptilian creatures of the Realms. Kobolds, lizard men, yuan-ti; basically anything with scales. They have an ability called Manipulate Form that lets them do basically whatever the hell they want to any 'scalykind' creature.. except other Sarrukh.

Pun-Pun triggers when he is able to call a Sarrukh and have it grant Manipulate Form to either himself or his familiar (or metamorphosed psicrystal). The familiar then uses Manipulate Form to give Pun-Pun Manipulate Form, except re-worded so as to allow Pun-Pun to use it on himself. Pun-Pun may now give himself whatever abilities he feels like having. The specific techniques to acquire certain changes are given in the Wizards thread, but it really does end with Pun-Pun being able to grant himself an ability that goes kind of like this:

Pun-Pun Wins: As a free action usable at any time, even outside of the normal initiative order, Pun-Pun Wins.

Guildorn Tanaleth
2007-12-30, 02:08 AM
For those of us at sites that have the websense category: "Games and Gaming" filtered, please post a copy, as I'd be truly interested to see the specifics of the kobold who would be a god (or at least Divine Rank: 0)...

Well, it's quite long, and I've never read the whole thing, but part of it details how Pun-Pun can achieve unlimited divine rank. So, divine rank 0 is almost his starting point.

RTGoodman
2007-12-30, 02:33 AM
Also, I think a current incarnation of Pun-Pun is actually a 1st-level Kobold Paladin.

There's a demon lord called Pazuzu from either Book of Vile Darkness or the demon Fiendish Codex who likes to grant wishes in order to tempt mortals (especially Paladins).

I think the trick is to use a DC 25 Knowledge (Religion/Planes/whatever) check to learn about Pazuzu, summon him (by saying his name aloud 3 times), and Wish for a djinni. Then you use that djinn's 3 wishes to plane shift (I don't remember why), get a candle of invocation (to summon the Sarrukh and have it grant him the manipulate for ability), and then basically whatever you want.

tyckspoon
2007-12-30, 02:44 AM
I think the trick is to use a DC 25 Knowledge (Religion/Planes/whatever) check to learn about Pazuzu, summon him (by saying his name aloud 3 times), and Wish for a djinni. Then you use that djinn's 3 wishes to plane shift (I don't remember why), get a candle of invocation (to summon the Sarrukh and have it grant him the manipulate for ability), and then basically whatever you want.

The Plane Shift is used to satisfy Gate's requirement that you call an 'extraplanar' creature, ie, one which is on a different plane than the caster is currently occupying.