PDA

View Full Version : Kobolds Ate My Baby! Experiences

Eldmor
2007-12-30, 03:34 PM
What experiences has everyone on this board has with KAMB!?
It seems to be the kind of game my friends and I would like (beer & pretzels D&D), and my friend who wants to run it is wanting to put a little more depth into the village and setting. I suggested something like boggarts from Lorwyn.
Anyone have suggestions or stories about it?

wormwood
2007-12-30, 04:17 PM
I picked it up 4 or 5 years back and ran a few games for some friends. It was an awful lot of fun. The beer helped. It is pretty simplistic but I think that was the best part about it. Many of the guys I played with were not really roleplayers so they loved that it was just "snatch babies and run."

I don't remember much about the rules except the horrible death chart. It produced some seriously amusing results. Just don't try to take it too seriously and it should be great.

deathbyhokie
2007-12-30, 04:36 PM
My group has taken to playing games of KAMB between games. We rotate who has to DM, and the amount of detail in the town tends to come down to who is DMing.

Just make sure everyone knows the houserules, and it should go fine. Oh, and don't forget that Kobolds are stupid. If someone fails to mention they're walking on the bridge, ask if they have swim. If not, kill em!

olelia
2007-12-30, 07:42 PM
MY kibbie got gluttonous as his flaw and before he died ate 6 chickens 1 human and 1 dog...I was getting massive penaltys to everything due to my fatness.