PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Prestige Class

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-30, 07:22 PM
ATTENTION ALL READERS!!!!!!!
There will be some MAJOR changes coming into the Jedi/Sith Prestige Classes over the Next few days so bear with me. These changes will include Chooseable Force powers instead of a fixed few coming with the new FORCE POWERS THREAD. Along with the Force Powers Thread will come the FORCE FEATS THREAD. These threads will appear within the next few days. Thanks for all your ideas and support!
-Gnollmaster88

Jedi
The Jedi is a master of the Force. She has the ability to manipulate these powers to do gain certain abilities such as Force Run, Force Jump, Force Push and many more. Even though they fight for the forces good against the Sith (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728400#post3728400), the are still susceptible to the forces of evil...
As NPC's, Jedi can either be found in groups or traveling solo.
Hit Die:d8

Requirements
To qualify to become a Jedi a character must fulfill all* the following criteria.
Alignment:Any Good
Skills:Concentrate 8 Ranks, Knowledge Psionics 4 ranks, Craft 8 ranks.
Class:Any Psionic.
Special:Force Powers are inhibited by armour. A Jedi must sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Jedi robes.
Base Attack Bonus:+3

Class Skills
The Jedi's class skills (and key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Handle Animal (Cha), Heal (Wis), Hide (Dex), Jump (Str), Knowledge Psionics (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex).
Skill Points at Each Level:6+Int Modifier.

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Jedi prestige class.
Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Because of their training, Jedi gain proficiency with the Lightsaber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728184#post3728184). (Click to see stats and "how to create"). Because of their Force sensitivity Jedi cannot wear armour or else their force powers will not work. Because of this Jedi are only proficient with Jedi Robes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728184#post3728184). (Click to see stats).

Table for the Jedi Prestige Class
1st +1 +0 +2 +2 4 Force Powers, Force Armour, Lightsaber Creation
2nd +1 +0 +2 +2 9 Force Push
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 15 Force Run, Lightsaber Focus
4th +2 +2 +4 +4 22 Lightsaber Throw
5th +3 +3 +5 +5 30 Meld In, Force Mind
6th +3 +3 +5 +5 39 Force Jump, Greater Force Push
7th +4 +4 +6 +6 49 Jedi Mind Trick, Greater Lightsaber Focus
8th +4 +5 +7 +7 60 Force Heal, Greater Force Armour
9th +5 +6 +8 +8 72 Force Attraction, Greater Lightsaber Throw
10th +5 +6 +8 +8 85 Force Lift

Special Abilities(In order of Level)
Force Powers:Allows the Jedi to use, well, The Force. A force power is anything with "Force" or "Greater Force" in front of it (except Force armour or greater force armour and including Jedi Mind trick). A Jedi can use as many Force Powers a day as she has Power Points. Every Force Power costs 2 Power Points.
Force Armour:Gives the Jedi a +1 Dodge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#dodge) Bonus
Lightsaber Creation:Allows the Jedi to create a Lightsaber. (See above link)
Force Push:Ranged Touch Attack. Range 10 feet + 5 feet per 2 levels of Jedi. Pushes the target back 10 feet + per level of Jedi. Causes 1d6 non-lethal damage.
Force Run:Allows the Jedi to run at twice her normal speed. (This does not include swimming and climbing.)(can be used with Force Jump to get a giant running start which gives and additional +3 to jump checks.)
Lightsaber Focus:Gives the Jedi a +1 to attack rolls and damage when using the Lightsaber.
Lightsaber Throw:Range:10 feet + 5 for every point of str modifier. (does not go backwards if character has a negative modifier.) Causes the Jedi's Lightsaber to cut through the target (if hit) causing the normal damage except she adds her dex modifier instead of str modifier.
Meld In: Gives the Jedi a +4 to hide checks (for use in shadows and crowds)
Force Mind:Gives the Jedi a +5 to concentration checks.
Force Jump:Gives the Jedi a +4 to Jump Checks.
Greater Force Push:Allows the Jedi to target up to three monsters as long as the targets are 5 to 10 feet apart and in range.
Jedi Mind Trick:Gives the Jedi a +4 to Bluff and diplomacy Checks.
Greater Lightsaber Focus:Gives the Jedi an additional +2 to attack rolls and damage when using the Lightsaber.
Force Heal:Heals 1d8 + even levels of Jedi.
Greater Force Armour:Gives the Jedi an additional +2 Dodge Bonus.
Force Attraction:Allows the Jedi to draw object to her hand. object must be 10 pounds or lighter and able to fit in her arms or hands.
Greater Lightsaber Throw:Allows the Jedi to target up to three monsters as long as they are 5-10 feet apart and in range.
Force LiftThe Jedi Capstone, this allows the Jedi to lift an object that is 20 pounds plus 10 pounds for every level or below.

*Or those that the DM says are necessary.
**I know thats not what Weapon Focus and Greater Weapon Focus do but roll with me here.

Thats my Idea. Feel free to post suggestions or comments!
-Gnollmaster88

lord of pixies
2007-12-30, 07:34 PM
um... where is the "above link" for the lightsaber

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-30, 07:39 PM
um... where is the "above link" for the lightsaber
I haven't made it yet but i'm working on them as we type.

Paragon Badger
2007-12-30, 08:16 PM
Ummm.... You didn't like the already existing Star Wars D20?

Nebo_
2007-12-30, 08:59 PM
Or better yet, Saga edition.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-30, 09:09 PM
Ummm.... You didn't like the already existing Star Wars D20?

Or better yet, Saga edition.
To answer your questions. I know there is a Star Wars d20 but I don't like the way it was made so I'm doing my own.

RTGoodman
2007-12-30, 09:32 PM
A couple of things.

First, tables are your friend, and here's how to do them (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1183222&postcount=1).

Next, do they lose proficiency with weapons if they had it from other classes? If not, you should probably say that a Jedi gains proficiency with the lightsaber, not that he's only proficient with it.

Also, what's the deal with the Will save? Did you mean for it to start at +1 instead of +0 or +2? I'd say just give them a good Reflex and Will and poor Fort.

Force Armor should probably not be a Natural Armor bonus. I'd say probably either Deflection or (preferably) Dodge, since Dodge bonuses stack. Also, I think that, since they're giving up armor, you should probably either give them an "always on" armor ability - either a progression (+1 per two class levels or something) or Wisdom to AC like a Monk.

I'd consider changing the names of those class features to "Lightsaber Focus" rather than Weapon Focus (Lightsaber)."

Finally, it might be a big change, but I think Jedi works out better with Psionics than with Arcane magic. With that system, instead of Force Points per day, you could just give them extra power points per day, and then each Force Power is just a psionic power of a certain level.

Triaxx
2007-12-31, 07:45 AM
Maybe Weapon Spec (Lightsaber) instead?

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 08:47 AM
A couple of things.

First, tables are your friend, and here's how to do them (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1183222&postcount=1).

Next, do they lose proficiency with weapons if they had it from other classes? If not, you should probably say that a Jedi gains proficiency with the lightsaber, not that he's only proficient with it.

Also, what's the deal with the Will save? Did you mean for it to start at +1 instead of +0 or +2? I'd say just give them a good Reflex and Will and poor Fort.

Force Armor should probably not be a Natural Armor bonus. I'd say probably either Deflection or (preferably) Dodge, since Dodge bonuses stack. Also, I think that, since they're giving up armor, you should probably either give them an "always on" armor ability - either a progression (+1 per two class levels or something) or Wisdom to AC like a Monk.

I'd consider changing the names of those class features to "Lightsaber Focus" rather than Weapon Focus (Lightsaber)."

Finally, it might be a big change, but I think Jedi works out better with Psionics than with Arcane magic. With that system, instead of Force Points per day, you could just give them extra power points per day, and then each Force Power is just a psionic power of a certain level.
Those are some Great Ideas. Thanks rtg0922! I'll put them in right away! Also I looked at the link but i didn't see how to make tables.

Athaniar
2007-12-31, 09:14 AM
Since Jedi are all trained from a very young age and all that, I'd think it would make more sense as a base class. Also, base attack bonus should be a prerequisite.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 09:19 AM
Since Jedi are all trained from a very young age and all that, I'd think it would make more sense as a base class. Also, base attack bonus should be a prerequisite.
That is true but I thought that since their are some Jedi who have been discovered force sensitive at an older age i would just take the Psionics base class (given to me by rtg0922)
Finally, it might be a big change, but I think Jedi works out better with Psionics than with Arcane magic. With that system, instead of Force Points per day, you could just give them extra power points per day, and then each Force Power is just a psionic power of a certain level.and create it out of that. I may consider that in the future but for now I think I'll stick with the prestige class. thanks though!

Hazkali
2007-12-31, 10:58 AM
Also I looked at the link but i didn't see how to make tables.

About halfway down, just below the word "format" in bold. Or, just use this (http://www.pifro.com/dnd) website.

As for the class itself:

You shouldn't have the prerequisite "Class: Any Psionic". This doesn't really mean anything or say it in a professional way. Instead, perhaps "Must be able to manifest psionic powers of X level"
Again, what does "sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Jedi robes" mean? If I were you, I would steal and adapt the wording for the Druid's armour restrictions.
What type of actions are the Force powers? Each action must have an action type (Ex, Su or Sp), and whilst we're on that subject, they need activation times and durations.

There, some things to fix.

Charlie Kemek
2007-12-31, 10:58 AM
did luke or anikan take levels in psionics? make it a base class in my opinion.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 11:21 AM
As for the class itself:

You shouldn't have the prerequisite "Class: Any Psionic". This doesn't really mean anything or say it in a professional way. Instead, perhaps "Must be able to manifest psionic powers of X level"
Again, what does "sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Jedi robes" mean? If I were you, I would steal and adapt the wording for the Druid's armour restrictions.
What type of actions are the Force powers? Each action must have an action type (Ex, Su or Sp), and whilst we're on that subject, they need activation times and durations.

There, some things to fix.

Those are some good suggestions. I'll put them in now. Thanks Hazkali! And thanks for the tables info.

ForzaFiori
2007-12-31, 01:19 PM
I would switch Jedi Mind Trick from giving the bonus's to being a Suggestion, with a CL = to the character's Jedi Level, as the Mind Trick isn't making them more believeable, its the Jedi using the force to get weak willed people to do what they want by putting it in their head, almost exactly like the spell Suggestion.

Also, i too say this should be a base class.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 01:22 PM
I would switch Jedi Mind Trick from giving the bonus's to being a Suggestion, with a CL = to the character's Jedi Level, as the Mind Trick isn't making them more believeable, its the Jedi using the force to get weak willed people to do what they want by putting it in their head, almost exactly like the spell Suggestion.
That is a a good idea. Thanks mf11!

pyrefiend
2007-12-31, 05:33 PM
Here ya go. More to come!

EDIT: Darn... I did the table wrong, somehow.

Triaxx
2007-12-31, 09:16 PM
The table instructions are in the spoilers in the spoilers. First spoiler shows the table, the second has a copy of the coding with code tags so it shows up instead of a second table.