PDA

View Full Version : Christmas tech trouble

Ivellios
2007-12-30, 07:58 PM
I got a Sansa e250R MP3/video player for christmas. It comes with a disk which installs the Sansa Media Converter software, necessary to put video files on the e250R. This media converter program, once installed, doesn't always recognize when the MP3 player is plugged in, and when it does, it refuses to put any videos on it. I've checked around online to try to find the solution to this problem before coming here, but so far nothing has worked.
I was hoping someone here would know how to fix this. Any suggestions?

Geode
2007-12-30, 08:42 PM
What operating system are you using?
Is the player recognized by your computer (does it show up in the device list) or is it just the program that can't find it?

You said that you searched, so you probably already tried the Sansa Support page for the e250R. Here's a Link (https://www.customernation.com/pls/ps/ps.ps_main?p_host=304&p_supplier=5096&p_parm=PSHPP) if you missed it (click MP3 Players> e200> e250. I couldn't get a direct link.) Looks like they have an e200 series FAQ, a help forum, and a customer service e-mail help page.

I have a Creative Zen, so maybe this is no help, but I found that converting and transferring files directly from media to the Zen via the interface program tends to be glitchy. If I save from the media to the computer first (as converted files), then transfer to the MP3 player, it works much better.

Good Luck!

Ivellios
2007-12-30, 10:04 PM
The computer does in fact recognize that the device is there every time I try... It's the Sansa Media Converter itself that won't recognize it. What makes it even more confusing though is that the program works once in a while, purely by chance, even though I go through the exact same steps I always do... I even tried reinstalling, since this kind of glitch seems like it could be an install error. After further investigation online, I've also found that this seems to be a common problem with other customers, but they never say exactly how they fixed it.

Groundhog
2007-12-31, 06:54 AM
Ok, this might work and it might not, but did you try Windows Media player? My brother has a Sansa MP3 player, and that worked fine for him.
Also, the actual MP3 player may have to be in a certain mode or have its videos folder open for the transfer to work.