PDA

View Full Version : Sith Prestige Class

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-30, 09:03 PM
ATTENTION ALL READERS!!!!!!!
There will be some MAJOR changes coming into the Jedi/Sith Prestige Classes over the Next few days so bear with me. These changes will include Chooseable Force powers instead of a fixed few coming with the new FORCE POWERS THREAD. Along with the Force Powers Thread will come the FORCE FEATS THREAD. These threads will appear within the next few days. Thanks for all your ideas and support!
-Gnollmaster88

Sith
The Sith are Jedi (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728020#post3728020) who have turned to the dark side. Their mastery of the force is only equaled by that of the Jedi though they like to believe otherwise. Their force powers have become more chaotic and unstable. and even though they fight for the forces of Evil or for their own gain against the Jedi, there still may be good in them...
As NPCs Sith can be found in groups of two (master and apprentice) or traveling solo.
Hit Die:d8

Requirements
To qualify to become a Sith a character must fulfill all* of the following criteria.
Alignment:Any Evil
Skills:Concentrate 8 Ranks, Knowledge Psionics 4 ranks, Craft 8 ranks.
Class:Any Psionic.
Special:Force Powers are inhibited by armour. A Sith must sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Sith robes.
Base Attack Bonus:+3

Class Skills
The Sith's class skills (and key ability for each skill) are Balance (Dex), Bluff (Cha), Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Gather Information (Cha), Hide (Dex), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge Psionics (Int), Move Silently (Dex), Ride (Dex), Sense Motive (Wis), Sleight of Hand, (Dex), Survival (Wis), Swim (Str), Tumble (Dex).

Class Features
All the following are class features of the Sith prestige class.
Weapon and Armour Proficiency
Because of their training, Sith gain proficiency with the Lightsaber (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728184#post3728184). (Click to see stats and "how to create"). Because of their Force sensitivity Sith cannot wear armour or else their force powers will not work. Because of this Sith are only proficient with Sith Robes (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=3728184#post3728184). (Click to see stats).

Table for the Sith Prestige Class
1st +1 +0 +2 +2 4 Force Powers, Force Armour, Lightsaber Creation
2nd +1 +0 +2 +2 9 Force Choke
3rd +2 +1 +3 +3 15 Force Run, Lightsaber Focus
4th +2 +2 +4 +4 22 Force Lightning
5th +3 +3 +5 +5 30 Meld In, Force Mind
6th +3 +3 +5 +5 39 Force Jump, Greater Force Choke
7th +4 +4 +6 +6 49 Sith Mind Trick, Greater Lightsaber Focus
8th +4 +5 +7 +7 60 Force Wound, Greater Force Armour
9th +5 +6 +8 +8 72 Force Attraction, Greater Force Lightning
10th +5 +6 +8 +8 85 Force Lift

Special Abilities(In order of Level)
Force Powers:Allows the Sith to use, well, The Force. A force power is anything with "Force" or "Greater Force" in front of it (except Force armour or greater force armour and including Sith Mind Trick). A Sith can use as many Force Powers as she has Power Points. Each Force Power 2 Power Points.
Force Armour:Gives the Sith a +1 Dodge (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/feats.htm#dodge) bonus.
Lightsaber Creation:Allows the Sith to create a Lightsaber. (See above link)
Force Choke:Range: 10 feet +5 feet per 2 levels of Sith. Grapple Check. If Succeeded target is immobilized and sustains 1d6 lethal damage per round. A concentration grapple check is made each round to continue holding the target. Lasts for 2 rounds +1 per level. Every round it is held after the first costs an extra Power Point.
Force Run:Allows the Sith to run at twice her normal speed. (This does not include swimming and climbing.)(can be used with Force Jump to get a giant running start which gives and additional +3 to jump checks.)
Lightsaber Focus:Gives the Sith a +1 to attack rolls and damage when using the Lightsaber.
Force Lightning:Range: 10 feet +5 per 2 levels of Sith. Does 1d8+1 Damage to target.
Meld In:Gives the Sith a +4 to hide checks (for use in shadows and crowds)
Force Mind:Gives the Sith a +5 to concentration checks.
Force Jump:Gives the Sith a +4 to Jump Checks.
Greater Force Choke:Allows the Sith to target up to three monsters as long as the targets are 5 to 10 feet apart and in range.
Sith Mind Trick:Gives the Sith a +4 to Bluff and diplomacy Checks.
Greater Lightsaber Focus:Gives the Sith an additional +2 to attack rolls and damage when using the Lightsaber.
Force Wound:Wounds target for 1d8 + even levels of Sith.
Greater Force Armour:Gives the Sith an additional +2 Dodge Bonus.
Force Attraction:Allows the Sith to draw object to her hand. object must be 10 pounds or lighter and able to fit in her arms or hands.
Greater Force Lightning:Allows the Sith to target up to three monsters as long as the targets are 5 to 10 feet apart and in range.
Force Lift:The Sith Capstone, this allows the Sith to lift an object that is 20 pounds plus 10 pounds for every level or below.

*Or those that the DM says are necessary.

That's my Idea. Feel free to post suggestions or comments!

Hazkali
2007-12-31, 11:29 AM
This requires the same treatment as I prescribed for your Jedi Class. For ease, I spoiler my suggestions below.

You shouldn't have the prerequisite "Class: Any Psionic". This doesn't really mean anything or say it in a professional way. Instead, perhaps "Must be able to manifest psionic powers of X level"
Again, what does "sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Jedi robes" mean? If I were you, I would steal and adapt the wording for the Druid's armour restrictions.
What type of actions are the Force powers? Each action must have an action type (Ex, Su or Sp), and whilst we're on that subject, they need activation times and durations.

For this class,

What sort of Grapple check is it for the Force Choke ability? Moreover, why is a grapple check required in the first place? It's not like physical strength or size will make much of a difference to a force power. I would suggest a simple ranged touch attack (with their Psionic ability modifier replacing Dexterity).
What sort of damage does Force Lightning do? I know it's pedantic, but it needs to be said, especially as in this case I think it would be good if the damage is not just bog standard Electricity damage.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 12:00 PM
This requires the same treatment as I prescribed for your Jedi Class. For ease, I spoiler my suggestions below.

You shouldn't have the prerequisite "Class: Any Psionic". This doesn't really mean anything or say it in a professional way. Instead, perhaps "Must be able to manifest psionic powers of X level"
Again, what does "sacrifice all armour (Including shields) for the traditional Jedi robes" mean? If I were you, I would steal and adapt the wording for the Druid's armour restrictions.
What type of actions are the Force powers? Each action must have an action type (Ex, Su or Sp), and whilst we're on that subject, they need activation times and durations.

For this class,

What sort of Grapple check is it for the Force Choke ability? Moreover, why is a grapple check required in the first place? It's not like physical strength or size will make much of a difference to a force power. I would suggest a simple ranged touch attack (with their Psionic ability modifier replacing Dexterity).
What sort of damage does Force Lightning do? I know it's pedantic, but it needs to be said, especially as in this case I think it would be good if the damage is not just bog standard Electricity damage.

Those are some good points. The grapple check is used in force choke because you lif the enemy off the ground. Also, you're strangling him with a "Force Hand" so you would need to succeed in grabbing him first. Thanks again Hazkali!

Hazkali
2007-12-31, 12:14 PM
Those are some good points. The grapple check is used in force choke because you lif the enemy off the ground. Also, you're strangling him with a "Force Hand" so you would need to succeed in grabbing him first. Thanks again Hazkali!

But the force hand has nothing to do with your own physical hand. If you were actually attempting to choke someone to death, in a melee, then a grapple check would be appropriate. But surely if you're using a force power, at range, then your grapple modifier doesn't best reflect this? After all, it uses the special size modifier and your strength bonus, two things that I had assumed would make absolutely no effect on force abilities.

Gnollmaster88
2007-12-31, 12:23 PM
You, my friend, are completely right! i'll change that immediately. Thanks once again!

ForzaFiori
2007-12-31, 01:25 PM
Just as i suggested in the Jedi thread, Sith Mind Trick should be a Suggestion with a CL = to the character's Sith Level.

Also, this is just my opinion, but i think that the force choke should be a full round action, as when it is done in the movies and such, the people doing the choking seemed to be tied up with that completely.

also, maybe make it a concentration check to initiate and continue a Force Choke, with the Concentration DC equal to the Touch AC of the target.

Gnollmaster88
2008-01-01, 10:50 AM
Just as i suggested in the Jedi thread, Sith Mind Trick should be a Suggestion with a CL = to the character's Sith Level.

Also, this is just my opinion, but i think that the force choke should be a full round action, as when it is done in the movies and such, the people doing the choking seemed to be tied up with that completely.

also, maybe make it a concentration check to initiate and continue a Force Choke, with the Concentration DC equal to the Touch AC of the target.
That is a great idea! I'll put that in with the new thread! thanks mf11!

Uncle Festy
2008-01-01, 12:09 PM
How is "force lift" a good capstone? Force lightning? Yes. Force choke? Yes. Force kill? (yes, I know, it doesn't exist, but it would still be cool) Yes. Force Lift? ...not so much.
Just my two EP.