PDA

View Full Version : New Animation spells.

Unscrewed
2007-12-31, 02:02 PM
Lesser Animate dead
Necromancy [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 2, Clr 2 Blackguard 2
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Short (25ft +5ft/2 levels)
Target: 1 or more humanoid corpses
Duration: 1 min per caster level max 7
Saving Throw: No
Spell Resistance: No

One humanoid corpse per caster level (Max 7) rise as zombies or skeletons under the control of the caster. All the restrictions of animating and controlling undead from the Animate Dead spell apply. The undead created by this spell collapse after one minute per caster level, max seven minutes.

Arcane Focus: a hunk of obsidian

Lesser animate deathless
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Sor/wiz 2, Clr 2, Pal 2
Components: S, V, F/DF

As Lesser animate dead, except as above and that the animated zombies and skeletons have the deathless instead of undead type. In addition, deathless animated have an Int of 2 and will not perform evil acts (Dm Discretion.) They will obey all other orders, even self-sacrificial ones.

Arcane Focus: Mother of pearl

Animate (almost) Mindless Deathless
Necromancy [Good]
Level: Clr 3, Sor/Wiz 4

As Animate Dead, except that the animated zombies or skeletons have the deathless type instead of the undead type. In addition, deathless animated have an Int of 2 and will not perform evil acts (Dm Discretion.) They will obey all other orders, even self-sacrificial ones.

Material Component: Pearls worth at least 25 gp per Hit die of Deathless animated. The spell makes these pearls worthless.

Please read and review. *Straps on verbal full plate* Ok, I'm now ready for any criticism you might have.

Edit: Ok, edited the components on Lesser animate dead/Deathless, Changed animate Mindless deathless a bit, and changed the nature of the deathless. What do you think now?

smart thog
2007-12-31, 05:25 PM
I like the idea of more deathless, but having mindless ones seems like slavery. Maybe give make them like regular undead but with +1 hit points and if the commit a evil act they attack you. Its like they are on loan from their spirits, they dead souls do not have to animate their bodies, and their bodies can still be used for good.

StickMan
2007-12-31, 05:28 PM
Yea some how unintelligent deathless just seems wrong. I'm sure you could work it out some how, but I'm not quite sure.

WrstDmEvr
2007-12-31, 07:11 PM
XP cost for Lesser Animate Dead?