PDA

View Full Version : Now you do not have to chose between a fireball and a lightning bolt

smart thog
2007-12-31, 04:42 PM
The warlord laughed as the wizard unleashed her spells his throne room. He knew, that she had no spell in her spellbook that could defeat him and all of his minions, for he had stolen it that morning. He knew the wizard had about 6 seconds before his troops overwhelmed her. ZAAAAAPBOOOOOM!!!! The warlord could not even see through the blinding evocation, but, as he lay dying he thought "zapboom? that was a new sound."

Bind Spell (metamagic)

prerequisites able to cast 3 level spells.

Benifit, you may, as a full round action, cast two spell, with insentatious durations. Select one of the spells to be the lead spell, and the other the follow spell. opon selecting the target of the lead spell, select one space that it effects (in the case of mind effecting spells, this space is the space of the target), this is the space the follow spell targets. both spells take place at the same time, with a mirco second delay after the lead ends for the follow to begin. both spell slots are expended in the use of this feat. Both spells take up a spell slot 2 levels higher then they normally would. A spontaneous caster may only use this spell if he is under the effect of a spell like haste that grants a extra move action, and it takes him a 2 move actions and a standard action to cast.

Any fine tuning needed? Got any fun combos? post em here.

One of my favorite is the title example, placing a fireball at the middle of a lightning bolt.

Charlie Kemek
2007-12-31, 07:08 PM
just out of curiosity, why would anyone use this instead of quicken spell?

alchemyprime
2007-12-31, 07:16 PM
I could see uing this if I wanted to combine a relatively weak spell or a low level spell with a higher level spell, such as using magic missile with fireball, giving the ability to smack down the group while putting some hurt on specific peoples. But I would be able to do the same with good team work between two casters. In fact... I have to go call the partie's cleric, go over some battle strategies... Searing Light and a Concecrated Fireball... Scorcher and Flame Strike... Mage Armor and Barkskin... :smallbiggrin:

Does seem like a good way to super-buff a fighter in a fight, and I could see an artificer using this to fuse together infusions. Could I use it with invocations? I wonder....

I could see using this instead of Quicken Spell, but I can also see instances of using Quicken Spell or Sudden Quicken over this, notably with a sorcerer or wizard. But as a sorcerer, I'd pick up this real quick like.

Jack_Simth
2007-12-31, 07:30 PM
just out of curiosity, why would anyone use this instead of quicken spell?
Well, for the Sorcerer (and other spontaneous casters), it's completely pointless except in some rather rare cases.

For a prepared caster, though, it's because the adjustment is only 2, and it stacks with Quicken Spell. For instance, that Wizard-12 could get off two Phantasmal Killers, and still have a swift action available to cast a Quickened Invisibility in case the target beats the saves. This aspect is most of what makes it broken.

smart thog
2007-12-31, 07:53 PM
I just realized that it is pointless for a sorcerer, and I wanted to say that you could not use this feat and a quickened spell. sorry about the confusion. I made this spell for war blasters and war healers, and you might want to (if you are a high level druid) cast detect magic as the lead, and use heal as the follow, and you overcome the range limits.

smart thog
2008-01-06, 04:44 PM
fixed it for spontaneous casters.