PDA

View Full Version : nonexistent strength and carrying capacity

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-31, 08:06 PM
Ghost Grasp feat from Libris Mortis allows an incorporeal creature to wear, wield and otherwise use corporeal items as if one was not incorporeal. In case of Ghosts or other previously corporeal creatures it wouldn't be too much of a problem since they can use the strength they possessed before they turned incorporeal. What about other incorporeal creatures? Say, a Joystealer from MM4 is an incorporeal fey; what happens if she takes Ghost Grasp feat?

Personally I'd rule that an incorporeal creature with Ghost Grasp feat use Charisma score in place of Strength to determine its carrying capacity, but how would YOU rule? :smallwink:

FlyMolo
2007-12-31, 08:14 PM
I do like that. Charisma is used to work out the deflection bonus for incorporeal things too, right? there's even precedent. Then again, that's really not likely to come up.

Would be funny though. Fighter runs up to the ghost and takes a few swings at it, then it disarms him and stabs him a few times. A good idea to punish munchkinry.

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-31, 08:24 PM
Would be funny though. Fighter runs up to the ghost and takes a few swings at it, then it disarms him and stabs him a few times. A good idea to punish munchkinry.

In addition to that effect, some incorporeal creatures actually don't have any treasures! Ha! :smallamused:

Riffington
2007-12-31, 08:30 PM
I believe it's the base Charisma score (but not any charisma-boosting modifiers)