PDA

View Full Version : Any items to increase carrying capacity?

Frosty
2007-12-31, 08:32 PM
Are there any items or armor enchancements that'll increase a character's carrying capacity? Or perhaps let the character treat a medium load as a light load? And I don't mean Bag's of Holding or anything like that.

Signmaker
2007-12-31, 08:35 PM
STR-Boosters, naturally.

That's probably not what you mean, but it's the first thing that comes to mind.

Dhavaer
2007-12-31, 08:41 PM
The lifting belt, an item from the adventure 'A Dark and Stormy Knight' increases your strength by +1 for the purposes of carry capacity.

Theodoxus
2007-12-31, 08:43 PM
The "Easy Travel" armor quality from Magic Item Compendium (1500 gp cost)

When wearing armor that has this property, you can carry up to a medium load as if it were a light load (ignoring the maxi*mum Dexterity bonus, check penalty, and reduced speed normally incurred by a medium load). These reductions apply only to penalties for the load you carry, not to any reduction in speed caused by the armor itself.
In addition, you can walk for up to 10 hours in a day before having to make Con*stitution checks to avoid taking nonlethal damage (PH 164).

Sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

Rachel Lorelei
2007-12-31, 08:43 PM
Are there any items or armor enchancements that'll increase a character's carrying capacity? Or perhaps let the character treat a medium load as a light load? And I don't mean Bag's of Holding or anything like that.

The Belt of the Wide Earth from the Magic Item Compendium. Part of the fantastic (for spellcasters) Raiment of Four item set, it doubles carrying capacity on top of letting you spontaneously cast Teleport twice per day... all for a mere 8,000 gp.

Signmaker
2007-12-31, 08:44 PM
The Belt of the Wide Earth from the Magic Item Compendium. Part of the fantastic (for spellcasters) Raiment of Four item set, it doubles carrying capacity on top of letting you spontaneously cast Teleport twice per day... all for a mere 8,000 gp.

Ah, the Fantastic Four?

*Pun-shot*

Frosty
2007-12-31, 08:46 PM
Does the Easy Travel thing let a Scout use his abilities if the Scout is carrying what is normally a medium load?

Theodoxus
2007-12-31, 09:17 PM
I'd certainly say the scout would still benefit from their skirmish ability when wearing medium armor with the easy travel modification. It's akin to making the armor out of a light material (such as a mithral breastplate). Since a mithral breastplate is light armor, then any armor with the easy travel mod would likewise be one category lighter for all purposes except movement speed restrictions.

Hmm... putting Easy Travel on a suit of Mithral Full Plate... that'd make my paladin happy ;)

Bag_of_Holding
2007-12-31, 09:18 PM
Ah, the Fantastic Four?

*Pun-shot*

Aaargh! :smallamused:

Fuzzy_Juan
2007-12-31, 09:22 PM
I have always been a fan of extradimensional storage space. Can't ever get enough of it. But the above solutions are probably what you are looking for.